Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #151
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

The pictures are up!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #152
jabead
DIS Veteran

Yay...three extra pics = bonus points for Brenda!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #153
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Personally, this was such an awesome evening!!! I do hope that we meet again!
Me too - it was all so much fun! (and I'm also happy that we got to meet Betsy and Kristen as well! You should definitely elaborate on those encounters in your trip report )
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #154
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Mmmmm, that bacon cheeseburger sounds so good right now. Why am I craving that at 2 in the morning?! And I just finished reading DDW's AP review, which made me hungry in the first place. But I'm not craving seafood right now! Well maybe I'm craving berry cobbler, but I'm really craving a bacon cheeseburger right now! Lol

In any case, I haven't eaten at Cosmic Rays in many years, but your review so far would make me consider it again if we were in that area of the park when it's time to eat. Maybe I should wait for part 2 though before I make that decision? The last few trips, we've stuck to CHH or Pecos Bills (which I'm not a fan of btw).
Ha!! That is the problem with reading dining reviews late at night! Keep reading for more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
No fair Brenda! Who's number four???
Denise!!! You are very observant!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Ditto!!!!
Ditto for you Paula!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Did I miss something? Who is the 4th person who joined you?
Not actually... I just hadn't done the big reveal yet!!! Keep reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I know, I know (I think), but I am assuming that Brenda is saving that surprise for part 2
Joh, you had the inside scoop!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
Thanks for pointing it out. I read 4, but then did not think much more about it until ya'll started posting. Then I started to think, maybe Princess Betsy or DonaldDoleWhip were her dinner guest.

Brenda the photo of Em's cheeseburger is making me hungry.

Where R U Brenda. You left us with a cliff hanger
Hi there!! You had excellent guesses and in fact one of them were correct!!! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Oh I love Cosmic Rays. I was gutted that we only made it there once during our two weeks at Disney, but that's the perils of the Deluxe Dining Plan and an 8 year old who loves shrimp and couldnt be dragged away from Columbia Harbour House.
Hi there Pinkgirl! Ahhhh Deluxe dining! I've never tried CHH and I do love shrimp! Glad to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love Cosmic Ray's (they have a really good pulled pork sandwich). We have eaten there four or five times and I still have NOT seen Sonny.

I'm with everyone else wanting to know who #4 was.
I love the BBQ pork sandwich at Flame Tree BBQ. How does it compare to Cosmic Rays if you have had both?? I think now I am ready to expand my horizons at Cosmic Rays.

Oh, and you leave in just a few days! You deserve this ---->>

Quote:
I'm going with DonaldDoleWhip but your other guess could be it too!
Ding, ding, ding!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I was going to go to Cosmic Ray's one night when we were there and now I'm kind of bummed that we didn't! Because what I had didn't satisfy me at all and sometimes you just need a burger. I also think I know who your dinner guest was too but Joh and I will keep it a mystery! I know it wasn't me!
I know what you mean... sometimes only a burger will do. I loved your Dismeet review/post!!! Awesome. And yes, I think you knew too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
Oh I forgot!!!! How about the guy from the pizza window
THAT WAS SO FUNNY!!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #155
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
Awesome for both of you! I would feel the same way!
Thanks - it was!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
It was so much fun - I didn't want it to end! And if the following day hadn't been our departure day, I would've been happy to see them again.
Awww.. you are so sweet. I want to make you one of my honorary kids. But then I'd have to tell you to go do your homework and to not stay up so late on a school night!!!!

Seriously though... I was so wonderful and it still puts a smile on my face to see the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Cosmic Rays is one of my favorites and the toppings bar is excellent.
They do toppings bars good! Especially since they have more than condiments and lettuce/tomato/pickles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
How awesome you guys were able to dine together.
It was pretty awesome! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Mmmmm, cheese goo! I must order fries with a cup of cheese goo from the toppings bar on every trip.

Yay for meeting and having dinner with DDW!

Jill in CO
ha! A cheese goo lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
How great that you got to have dinner with DDW.

Not a fan of chili, but those fries don't look half bad.
Yes, so great! And the fries are so thick and delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Well, your food pictures are great and all, but I think everyone would really love to see a picture of the people who are eating it. If one of you don't post it soon, I am just going to have to take matters into my own hands...with your permission, of course.
Hi Barb!! You know I would eventually post it. I kept hesitating because I didn't want to ruin the mystery of Mr. DDW!! But rest assured, he was fine with it.

Quote:
Love the DUO Review!!!

I have my schedule with so many ADR's with Sit down restaurants I want to try that I always forget about some of the good options at CS places!
Thanks Paula! Bonus feature is the cool lounge act by Sonny Eclipse!!

Quote:
LOL!! DDW wants to remain hidden!!! We know what he looks like from the back lol!
Ha! Yes, the back of him is nice as well but I think everyone wanted him to turn around!

Quote:
Well, I'm excited and I've already seen it!
Yay!! You were our first Diser to see Mr. DDW. I had to text the photo... after a few teaser pics. It WAS after all part of my List of 18.

Quote:
Of course we want to see!!
Heck yeah! Now you see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
That tiny, regular looking camera takes DDW's unbelievable pictures? Doesn't seem possible.

How great that you both were able to meet. Hopefully DDW isn't ruined and now craving CS burgers and chili cheese fries. I would miss the signature restaurant reviews terribly.
Quote:
Yes, show us!
I was honored!! It is interesting that Mr. DDW has eaten a lot more CS and cupcakes this trip. It is an interesting departure from his Signatures for which I mostly associate his reviews!! It's all good!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #156
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

No more anonymity for DDW!!

It's good to put a face with the words and reviews!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #157
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awww.. you are so sweet. I want to make you one of my honorary kids. But then I'd have to tell you to go do your homework and to not stay up so late on a school night!!!!

Seriously though... I was so wonderful and it still puts a smile on my face to see the photos.
I'll finish my homework later, alright? Just leave me alone!

Actually, I've been multitasking this whole time - I might even go to sleep by 1am tonight. (but class starts at 9 every single day, so I have to be out of my room by 8:40. It's always a struggle )
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #158
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay...three extra pics = bonus points for Brenda!!!
I have a few more that I will save for my TR!!!

Quote:
Me too - it was all so much fun! (and I'm also happy that we got to meet Betsy and Kristen as well! You should definitely elaborate on those encounters in your trip report )
Yes, definitetly! I could also post the photo of Betsy here since I know she has an active dining review here.

This is a preview for only those on the Dining Boards:

After DDW, my family and I got drenched on Splash Mtn (not only were we seated in the front but we went down the flume right when it started to downpour) we had the pleasure of meeting Betsy (PrincessBetsy.)

DonaldDoleWhip, Princess Besty, and Emmysmommy

Here's a link to Betsy's ongoing DCP Dining Review.

Here's the link to Mr. DDW's current DR.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #159
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll finish my homework later, alright? Just leave me alone!

Actually, I've been multitasking this whole time - I might even go to sleep by 1am tonight. (but class starts at 9 every single day, so I have to be out of my room by 8:40. It's always a struggle )
Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 AM   #160
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Awesome updates Brenda and DDW (and, yay, I was right )

I still think it is so cool that you guys hung out together at Magic Kingdom and had dinner together

However, I am practically crying now because I am at work and can't see any of the photos so I have to wait till I get home
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #161
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Great part 2! That's so fun that you got to meet and eat with the famous DDW! Love the Donald shirt btw.

Ok bacon cheeseburger and chili fries... I guess Cosmic Rays is on the list of acceptable CS now. Lol. Sounds like the place is right up DH's alley. But I'm still going to force him to eat at CHH with me too. Now I'm so excited for our free QSDP in December.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #162
Roma
Mouseketeer

What an epic dismeet! Not only do we get to see the face behind DDW's wonderful reviews but we also get to see him review a CS burger and chili cheese fries.

That picture of all of you soaked from Splash is pure Disney .
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #163
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Ahhh what a great update!! Dis meets, good comfort food, guest reveiws, photos......I love it!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #164
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=emmysmommy;46141261]

What a great picture! Considering how very photogenic DDW is, its a surprise he has been in hiding so long.

Still so hard to believe someone so young has such an incredibly mature palate and ability to communicate. DDW, your mom must be so proud to have a son like you!
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #165
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

WOW, what an update!

Quote:
That tiny, regular looking camera takes DDW's unbelievable pictures? Doesn't seem possible.
That was my thought too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy

DonaldDoleWhip, Princess Besty, and Emmysmommy
Oh my gosh, adorable picture! I look for Betsy whenever we're over in Frontierland but no luck just yet! Splash in the rain...you guys really go ALL out!

Quote:
What a great picture! Considering how very photogenic DDW is, its a surprise he has been in hiding so long.

Still so hard to believe someone so young has such an incredibly mature palate and ability to communicate. DDW, your mom must be so proud to have a son like you!
I completely agree. It's almost impossible to remember his age when reading his reviews, which always made me picture a sort of Geoffrey Zakarian figure. He really is just a normal, friendly, handsome young man! And I'll stop now before I start virtually pinching his cheeks like a deranged aunt. I still hope that someday my taste-buds grow to be as diverse as his!

I kind of never want Brenda's report to end, at this point. Can we start a fund to just keep her at Disney year-round and serve as the review board liason?
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: