Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Antonia
DIS Veteran

Location: Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina . . .

Where is the best princess character meal?

I know there is the one in MK and one in Epcot. Are there any princess character suppers or just breakfasts??

Our granddaughter is almost three and all about princesses! We are going at the end of October.
May 2008 - RCCL Mariner of the Seas!
Who knows? First grandchild on the way!!!
May 2009 New Orleans!!!
June 2010 Myrtle Beach!
September 2011 - VWL - New DVC Members! And with 2nd grandchild!
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia
I know there is the one in MK and one in Epcot. Are there any princess character suppers or just breakfasts??

Our granddaughter is almost three and all about princesses! We are going at the end of October.
Cinderella's Royal Table in MK and Akershus (sp?) in Epcot are both open for breakfast-lunch-dinner/supper [they both offer a variety of princesses]

1900 Park Fair (Grand Floridian) has a dinner with Cinderella and the stepsisters and prince charming
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
luvdisney87
Mouseketeer

We've done breakfast at both CRT and Akershus and the Akershus meal was delicious!!!! It was a buffet also which we liked an at CRT you order off the menu. At CRT your picture is taken with Cinderella and at Akershus (in 2009) we had our picture taken with Belle. If doing breakfast, I would pick Alershus. I have a friend who has done dinner at both places and liked both meals.
luvdisney87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
PaJess
Earning My Ears

We have done CRT! It was great and the kids loved it! We enjoyed the food This trip we are doing the 1900 Park, and Akershus! Looking toward to trying them!
PaJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaJess View Post
We have done CRT! It was great and the kids loved it! We enjoyed the food This trip we are doing the 1900 Park, and Akershus! Looking toward to trying them!
My Vote for best all around would be Akershus. Best Food of the three is 1900 park fair. I know you have to do CRT (we have done is once for lunch and twice for b-fast) because it is in the castle, but Akershus is really nice and you get to see all the same Princess and the food is much better. ( i have also never felt rushed like you do at the castle)

Have A Great Trip!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
DisneyTravelers2008
Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

We have done Cinderellas Royal Table (CRT) , Akershaus (AK) in Epcot and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. CRT and AK are breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1900 PF only does dinner. Heres my thoughts on each:

CRT: Very cool to be inside the MK castle. Can be expensive, but it is worth it at leat once, If you go for breakfast it is cheaper. If you book the reservation relly earl;y, you can actually enter the park before it opens so its a great time to take pic tures in front of the castle without lots of people in the background. You will get a free photo with the meal. Its very prtty inside the castle...like a real authentic castle. Several of the traditional princesses would be there such as Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, etc...All food is ordered from the menu

AK: It is like a small castle inside and is pretty...not quite as grand as CRT, but still VERY nice. You can also book before the park opens and get a free photo. And breakfast is less $$$. everal of the traditional princesses would be there such as Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, etc...You get your appetizers from a buffett and then order the meal from the menu

1900 PF: Its at the Grand Floridian resort so if you dont have a park ticket for that day, this could be a great option...ie...the day you arrive...or a mid week day where you break from the parks and rest (if you do that kind of thing)...Cinderella and Prince Charming are there...along with the step sisters and step mother. THe step family is funny and joke around a lot. This is a full buffet and is dinner only.

If I was choosing....Id go for CRT if finances would allow. Id go for breakfast to save $$$ and try to get one of the super early reservations....My 2nd choice would be AK.

Spring Break 1988/ Spring Break 1993/Ft Wilderness Cabins 2008 /SSR, 1st DVC Member Trip/2009
OKW, Spring Break 2009/SSR June 2009/AKL January 2010/AKL & BLT Halloween 2010 /Spring Break 2011 - Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort/June 2011 - & BLT & BW /AKL, Spring Break 2012 / Disney Dream Jan. 2014
DisneyTravelers2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

I would recommend Akershus in EP. The atmosphere and selection of princesses is the best. If your granddaughter is all about Cinderella then maybe 1900 Park Fare is best but if she likes all the princesses then definitely Akershus.

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I don't know...something about being in that castle was magical, so my vote is CRT!! Actually both BOG and CRT were my favorite because of the whole experience. The other CM we did at other places were great, but they were a restaurant with characters while at the other two we were in their world if that makes sense. Just an all around amazing experience even if it wasn't the best food I ever ate. I also felt like the servers were more in character at these two meals than at any of the others. Our waitress at CRT was above and beyond amazing. She brought out our chocolate slippers for the two princesses for their breakfast dessert on Cinderella's royal order and just did some other great things. Our server at BOG gave my dd a rose napkin to take home and brought the kids the grey stuff without us asking because the beast wanted them to try it. She too was a lot of fun! It doesn't sound like a lot, but it just added to the overall experience for the kids!!
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

i've done all three meals at both CRT and AKERSHUS (you can check my dining reviews if you would like to see the pictures). i've also eaten at 1900 park fare for dinner (it was my least favorite princess dining experience).

right now, with it being peak season, both places are outlandishly expensive. even non-peak season, CRT is pretty expensive.

if price is not an option & you can score a reservation, i'd chose CRT for breakfast ONLY because of the castle experience. the castle is gorgeous.

it's even better if you can score a pre-park ADR as you can take pictures on an empty main street as well as in front of the castle.

CRT is all you care to eat. the castle is really beautiful & it's an experience she will not forget. the kids meal at both places pretty much suck but akershus does have a really nice buffet section at breakfast that has everything a kid likes. CRT is a plated meal.

i think the princesses spend more time at your table at akershus & there is a really cute princess processional. akershus has a photograph with belle and crt has cinderella. if she loves cinderella, she can see her at both places. at CRT, we did see belle too.

if you can't score an ADR at CRT, here are two words that will excite you for akershus: CHEESY POTATOES. their cheesy potatoes are divine & the best on property. i dream about their cheesy potatoes. so very tasty!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

DD was 3 when we went last year and was too afraid to even try 1900 (she decided she's bigger this year and wants to have dinner there). We did both CRT and Akershus for dinner last year and I didn't think CRT lived up to the hype. It was great to eat in the castle once but it just wasn't what I imagined. This year when DD was picking she said she didn't want to eat at the castle but she does want to eat at Akershus which is fine with me since it will save a dining credit. Have fun whatever you choose!
navywifetill2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: