Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #91
sushi candy
Foodie

The Boardwalk looks beautiful in the morning. Wow, I have never seen Jane before and it's great you got pics!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #92
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I love it when someone sees a unique character out of the blue like that! And YAY for Emmysdaddy taking a picture!!

I can't wait to go to the boardwalk!!!!!!!!! It's getting so close!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #93
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

We were at EPCOT that morning too! Surprised I didn't run into y'all!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #94
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
You know how I like characters? And you recall that I had told Michael that he may have to pose with Princesses. Well, he had me on a technicality on this one! We came across Jane in England. I had not seen her before so had to get a photos! I asked Michael to join us and he pointed out that she wasn’t a princess so he could sit that one out! Darn!
[CENTER]

Wow, Jane...what a rare find! I don't ever recall seeing her in any of the parks, except when they used to have the "Tarzan" show at Animal Kingdom. Very cool!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #95
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Yea for Michael for posing with a NON PRINCESS!

Those rice krispy turkey legs crack me up everytime I see them
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #96
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Boardwalk area in the morning is so peaceful! Hahaha I always am heading to food while I pass people being much more athletic than me too! Oh well, can't pass up those Mickey Waffles!

Glad you enjoyed your CMC breakfast!
I remember your morning photos from your last trip of the Boardwalk. (Isn't that where your DH bought his Donald hoodie??) I loved your photos and I hoped that I would have the same lovely peaceful feeling there. I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Loved your update!!!

What great pictures of the your early morning walk to breakfast!

I love the Cape May character breakfast, although we haven't been since 2008. The beachy attire is very cute and the characters are really fun. Chip and Dale were still at the Cape May on our visit, before they got pushed out of the picture by Donald.

I don't think I have ever seen Jane, or even anyone getting their pictures with her. Cool!
I didn't know Chip & Dale were at Cape May once. I was excited to see Jane since I hadn't seen her before but I didn't know that she is not a regular in Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
*all caught up*

Love all the photos, especially the one of you with the Coca-Cola guy! BW looks beautiful! And the carrot cake cookie ... <drool> So jealous!

Look forward to reading more entries!
Yay! I love Bo!! You'll have to remedy that carrot cake craving next time you are at DHS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
The Boardwalk looks so wonderful in the early morning!

Um... Did you change tops between the picture in the beach club and going to Epcot?!

I love that you saw Jane! I've never seen her in the parks either!
Ummm... you noticed. I'm just weird that way... wanted to wear something else during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
The Boardwalk looks beautiful in the morning. Wow, I have never seen Jane before and it's great you got pics!
I'm glad the photos show how lovely it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I love it when someone sees a unique character out of the blue like that! And YAY for Emmysdaddy taking a picture!!

I can't wait to go to the boardwalk!!!!!!!!! It's getting so close!
And you will be seeing Boardwalk during such a wonderful time of the year. It will be even more magical just because of the time of the year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
We were at EPCOT that morning too! Surprised I didn't run into y'all!
Oh my! We could have had our 2nd unplanned Dis-bump-into-each-other sooner!!! I still think that it is so odd that we saw each other not once but twice as it was - spontaneously! You are soooo cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Wow, Jane...what a rare find! I don't ever recall seeing her in any of the parks, except when they used to have the "Tarzan" show at Animal Kingdom. Very cool!!!
A Tarzan show at AK? And they don't have it any longer? Darn! That reminds me of a parade they had at D-land that had Tarzan riding an "elephant" and he was very nice to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Yea for Michael for posing with a NON PRINCESS!

Those rice krispy turkey legs crack me up everytime I see them
Hi Debra! I think over time, posing with characters became less appealing to Michael but he was a good sport most of the time!

Makes you wonder what creative krispie treat they will come up with next! Perhaps a Cinderella's glass slipper krispie treat or a Mad Tea Party tea cup krispie treat.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #97
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm such a knuckle head!!! I was looking back at my Dismeets dates and photos and I realized that I met 9 Disers not 8. I updated my first post but sheesh... feeling a little silly that I left off one Diser. You will never know which one.

Stay tuned because I will definitely count them down as they are revealed.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #98
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know Chip & Dale were at Cape May once. I was excited to see Jane since I hadn't seen her before but I didn't know that she is not a regular in Epcot.
Chip & Dale are the best!

You didn't ask, but here are a few pictures from that breakfast anyway.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #99
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Dee: I love the photos - thanks for sharing! How handy that they have their names on their shirts so you know who is who! I really think Chip & Dale have such great antics and I love to say to them, "look, there are a couple of squirrels!"
Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #100
Alysa
DIS Veteran

The way to tell Chip and Dale apart is that Chip has a semi sweet chocolate chip coloured nose!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Old 09-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #101
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I'm so jealous you got to meet Jane. We looked for her when we went to DL outside Tarzans Treehouse butwe couldn't find her.

I hope she's still there in a couple of weeks.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #102
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:

A Tarzan show at AK? And they don't have it any longer? Darn! That reminds me of a parade they had at D-land that had Tarzan riding an "elephant" and he was very nice to look at.

Yep, the Tarzan show was the musical which was replaced by the Finding Nemo show. I seem to remember that it had a bunch of monkeys on rollerskates. Or was that just a weird dream that I had???

Oh, and I too noticed your shirt change, but figured you'd had some "spillage" during breakfast and had ran back to the BWV for a quick change of clothes. Glad to hear there was no "spillage" involved.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 09-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #103
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Brenda, I'm trying to hit up a couple of threads before I hit the sack to get up at 3:45 for our 4:30 ride to the airport.

I love the photopass picture, and the photos as you walked to breakfast are beautiful.

With the breakfast and starting off with Spaceship Earth, seems the day is off to a good start.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #104
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
A Bloody Caesar is a little different from a Bloody Mary as it's made with clamato juice instead of plain tomato juice. Otherwise it's usually served the same way, with tabasco, Worcestershire, horseradish and garnished with celery and/or pickled carrots and a wedge of lemon or lime. The glass usually has a salt and pepper or celery salt rim. I love them, the spicier the better!
This drink is divine if made w/ all the ingredients you listed. My DH & I had them in Toronto & they were delish!! We are huge fans of Bloody Mary & the Caesar can taste a touch better b/c of the horseradish. No matter what version, it has to be made right.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #105
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Oh my goshhh! I love ur villa @ the Boardwalk, it has so much character!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: