Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

New Ariel Ride..

Please move this to the proper forum if its in the wrong place, thanks!!

Anyway, I don't know about anybody else but for some reason I was expecting more from the New Ariel ride!! Am I being too critical here, or was I just expecting too much?? If I think about it, I don't know exactly how or what I'm even expecting, but aside from the 1 or 2 highly intricate animatronics (and lack of aquarium at the end of the ride), it just felt like an updated Seas ride!

So did anybody else feel this way, or am I expecting too much from Disney at this point? lol
May 2010 (Beach Club Villas)
December 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Boardwalk Villas)
Old 03-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I haven't done the WDW version yet, but I did do the one in DCA. It was a let down. Also, on a very busy day in the park, it was a walk on and it wasn't even 6 months old.

I think they could have done so much more with it. The plastic water spouts look bad. They've got water in other rides, why go cheap? There's very little animatronics and there should be more.
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I haven't done the WDW version yet, but I did do the one in DCA. It was a let down. Also, on a very busy day in the park, it was a walk on and it wasn't even 6 months old.

I think they could have done so much more with it. The plastic water spouts look bad. They've got water in other rides, why go cheap? There's very little animatronics and there should be more.
Well I had to wait a half hour! lol. And I didn't even know they ripped this off from DCA! Wow that makes me even more upset with it!! They had the opportunity to tweak it! Was there a section of the ride that u go into the room and the sea creatures are singing "Under The Sea"? This felt SO cheap to me, and they could have done so much more than a couple of ceramic fish twisting back and forth on top of coral! Humm...so unfortunate, I'm hoping the Mine Train makes up for this! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe1vestone2 View Post
Well I had to wait a half hour! lol. And I didn't even know they ripped this off from DCA! Wow that makes me even more upset with it!! They had the opportunity to tweak it! Was there a section of the ride that u go into the room and the sea creatures are singing "Under The Sea"? This felt SO cheap to me, and they could have done so much more than a couple of ceramic fish twisting back and forth on top of coral! Humm...so unfortunate, I'm hoping the Mine Train makes up for this! Thanks for sharing!
From what I understand, it's the same ride at both parks. WDW will almost always have a longer wait because there are more first timers there. DL is more geared towards locals and once they've done a not so magical ride, they won't do it again.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
From what I understand, it's the same ride at both parks. WDW will almost always have a longer wait because there are more first timers there. DL is more geared towards locals and once they've done a not so magical ride, they won't do it again.
Gotcha. Never been to DL, want to go buuut its a lot more $$ over all lol. Thanks for the info!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: