Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
rowan1813
Disney Princess since birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryANDJessMom View Post
Didn't block me...I just posted again....
Don't feel bad; you'll probably get blocked soon and can join the rest of us "evil liars". Keep it up until then!

rowan1813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #47
rowan1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
Are you sure they're selling 'illegal' tickets? I clicked through to their 'buy now' site and a 2 day park hopper is $190, where it's $200 through Disney. I've bought tickets for WDW from local sellers before for a small discount, and it's above board.
Its their policy of renting out tickets to multiple people, having them return them to their office so others can use them that we are trying to make people aware of. That is against Disney policy and terms of service and conditions. At WDW it is above board because it is illegal in Florida to resell partial used tickets like this site (and others) are doing. Unfortunately there is no such law here in California so they can get away with it although people who try to use them at DLR are getting the short end of the stick. If you look at their replies to comments they have blatantly stated that they are renting out tickets and you are to return them if there are days left.

Last edited by rowan1813; 09-03-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Spelling counts
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #48
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

This is good that everyone here is standing up for ensuring that others know this is against Disney ticket policy.

On a similar note, I just want to make it clear that though in some cases Disneyland has stated the removal of the 6 day Park Hopper is because of fraudulent ticket use, they did personally tell me over the phone that they discontinued the 6 day Park Hopper pass because the '6-day Park Hoppers were not selling very well.'

I'm not doubting that fraud is taking place, and I am also against people using tickets purchased through non-authorized sources. I just wanted to clarify the reason I was told that the 6 day Park Hoppers was discontinued.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #49
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan1813 View Post
Its their policy of renting out tickets to multiple people, having them return them to their office so others can use them that we are trying to make people aware of. That is against Disney policy and terms of service and conditions. At WDW it is above board because it is illegal in Florida to resell partial used tickets like this site (and others) are doing. Unfortunately there is no such law here in California so they can get away with it although people who try to use them at DLR are getting the short end of the stick. If you look at their replies to comments they have blatantly stated that they are renting out tickets and you are to return them if there are days left.
I don't see anywhere on this page where it says they're 'renting' tickets or to return tickets with unused days?
http://www.facebook.com/halfoffthemeparks

It's above board in FL not because it's illegal but because there are ticket resellers who are licensed to sell at a slight discount to the gate price. (Above board = legal, allowed)
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #50
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't see anywhere on this page where it says they're 'renting' tickets or to return tickets with unused days?

It's above board in FL not because it's illegal but because there are ticket resellers who are licensed to sell at a slight discount to the gate price. (Above board = legal, allowed)
I copied this from comments that they made on the $95 PH ticket post on their FB page:

Yes we split up the days and savings to our customers, that's why the more days rented the less of a discount off of gate price is realized

its not possible to upgrade with our ticket because you are renting from us... even if its a last day ticket... if you want to upgrade to an annual pass I would recommend you go through Disney directly...
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #51
rosie2283
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09

Read through the comments under the posts. They clearly say exactly what they are doing. If it no longer says that anywhere, they have deleted those posts. I know I saw it and a few others on this thread have seen it.

These sellers are not above board AND in Florida, it is in fact illegal to resell previously used tickets as this particular company is doing.
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #52
rowan1813

Quote:

This is what I got off of their FB page in response to someone's question of why did you have to return your tickets at the end of your days with them. This post was on the $75 ticket offer that was posted Saturday.

Half Off Theme Parks, LLC ‎John Babcock we rent the tickets off that is why you pick and drop off the tickets.. we do not transfer bar codes..

What I am thinking they are doing is buying multi-day PHs like 4 or 5 days and then telling people that they are only available for 1 or 2 days. This inference is a result of hearing that people are trying to use tickets like these at the gates and they have already been activated and days have been used and it wasn't by the people who had them currently. This is just an educated guess as I am definitely not on the inside of their operations.

As far as Florida, yes there are licensed retailers and I understand that WDW has a relationship with these legitimate companies. However my understanding (due to a another DISer's post) is that companies like this one who do not have a relationship with Disney and are "renting out" tickets do not "rent out" tickets as that is illegal in Florida. So they can't get away with it.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #53
rowan1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
This is good that everyone here is standing up for ensuring that others know this is against Disney ticket policy.

On a similar note, I just want to make it clear that though in some cases Disneyland has stated the removal of the 6 day Park Hopper is because of fraudulent ticket use, they did personally tell me over the phone that they discontinued the 6 day Park Hopper pass because the '6-day Park Hoppers were not selling very well.'

I'm not doubting that fraud is taking place, and I am also against people using tickets purchased through non-authorized sources. I just wanted to clarify the reason I was told that the 6 day Park Hoppers was discontinued.
Thank you Jory for your support!

I can understand that the reason the 6 day PHs were discontinued were because of lack of interest (although by the amount of interest that have been generated here on the DIS, I think Disney underestimated their guests ) but I can also imagine that they would say something like that in order to take the blame of the issue off them. Can you imagine Disney saying something like "Oops we are being outsmarted by these people who are ripping us and our guests off. Lets just get rid of the longer days until we can do something else about it." I'm not trying to argue with you or anything but in the words of Bing Crosby from White Christmas, "Everyone is working a little angle."

Hopefully Disney will do something about this, like the fingerprint scanners or photographs on passes, and both of these problems will be solved. Keep up the emails to Disney!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #54
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I just posted on their FB site
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #55
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan1813 View Post
Thank you Jory for your support!

I can understand that the reason the 6 day PHs were discontinued were because of lack of interest (although by the amount of interest that have been generated here on the DIS, I think Disney underestimated their guests ) but I can also imagine that they would say something like that in order to take the blame of the issue off them. Can you imagine Disney saying something like "Oops we are being outsmarted by these people who are ripping us and our guests off. Lets just get rid of the longer days until we can do something else about it." I'm not trying to argue with you or anything but in the words of Bing Crosby from White Christmas, "Everyone is working a little angle."

Hopefully Disney will do something about this, like the fingerprint scanners or photographs on passes, and both of these problems will be solved. Keep up the emails to Disney!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #56
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Does this affect AP holders in any way? Getting into the parks, showing ID, etc.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #57
rowan1813

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
I just posted on their FB site
Great BecBennett! Don't forget to report them to FB as a scam and if you have the time and inclination, an email to Disney will go a long way. Thank you for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
Does this affect AP holders in any way? Getting into the parks, showing ID, etc.

Rhonna, I think I have always had to show my ID at the start of a new day. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember showing my ID the first time I get into the park and then afterward if I have a stamp on my hand, then I don't need to. I know that there are photos that pop up when they scan your AP but I think ask to see your ID for extra security.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #58
rowan1813

Just scanned through their page and while most of the comments/truths that were up earlier are not there anymore, there are a couple of ladies (DISers?) that have posted including a lady who asked what will happen if they have to put their name on the back of the ticket at the gate?

Their response - you would not be responsible if that happened alle ask is you notify us when it does right away so we know when we get the tickets back the next day what happened .

Still shady IMO especially when they are saying the tickets must be returned. What are they going to do? Use white-out?

They have also asked the other lady to please stop we are not forcing you to use our service go put a negative comment on someone else page

HAHAHA looks like we are getting to them. Its not negative when its the truth unfortunately for them.

Please don't forget the emails to Disney. They are the real game changers here. Even if it just a small message explaining what is going on and encouraging them to change things, it will help and maybe Disney will understand we are sick and tired of being screwed over because someone wants to make a buck the shady way.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #59
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

To what email address can we report this to Disney? These guys are disgusting!
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #60
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

They blatantly stated under their park hopper promotion that you are renting the tickets in order to get the discount...it wasn't that hard to find. It is sad people patronize places like this just to save a buck.
My evil side would get some pleasure watching people get turned away though...is that wrong?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: