Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yay! I actually made page 1 Now back to read!

ETA: Shoot! It WAS still page one when I started to post
Sorry about that! Congrats on being first on page 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
A-MAZING so far! We have to visit Kuai now! The scenery is beautiful! I love your excitement over the boys just having fun being boys! I loved the comment, "Sudden Death."
Yes- you DO have to visit Kauai! It is breathtaking- EVERYWHERE!! And that's funny you caught that sudden death- I wondered if anyone would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well not page 1 but not bad !!! Rllrn I grew up on oxtail soup, it was canned and a big favorite in England , along with ox tongue lunch meat and Black pudding !!!
Hi Rosie! The oxtail soup was delicious- but it was asian, so maybe a bit different than what you may have enjoyed growing up- it came with grated fresh ginger and cilantro on the side-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing glad you had a great time
Thanks and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
So was Tim crazy? Looks like he was going to slide right down in that stream.

More stunning pictures. You know it's good when a teen leaves his ipod in the car!
TIMMY IS A MONKEY!!! Seriously- the way he was jumpin all over the place on the hikes, we actually started calling him monkey boy! I think he was swinging through the trees on vines half the time, he was always so far ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Oh my, i've been waiting for this trip report and it is worth the wait. Please keep it coming. Love the videos. But my youngest wouldn't have listened to me when i told him not to slide down. He would have been down before i knew it.
Yay! Thanks! I just didn't want his white shorts to be all red!I tried to take lots of video- I was being very ambitous, juggling my iphone, flip and Canon tho!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeADisMom View Post
Not page 1, but I'm here! Can't wait to read about your adventures. I do believe your second husband will be reading this TR along with me, if only looking at the pictures. Oh My!!!
Hi Joanie! And Hi Peter! I hope you like it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I'm here, need to go catch up!
Hi mother of Wicket! Thanks for coming along-

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
always behind! but omg those views are amazing makes me wanna book a trip and head back there. Last time i was there i was 18 for about 2.5 days after doing 2 weeks in Australia. WOuld love to go back and really experience the island! Cant wait to read more and see all about the islands!
WOW- you went to Australia? How cool THAT must have been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post

Subbin'
Beautiful Hawaiian weather, wonderful food, GREAT WINES..........

& yet here I am headin off to 60% chance of rain IN NYC this week.
(not to mention the US Open and the Cowboys opening up at NY Sept 5th)

Yea- the weather is not looking too good here right now- I think Pods is going to that game on Wednesday night- hope you have fun!

Thares somethin a miss here!!

Can't wait to hear more.

ALOHA

&

T.T.F.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Gidget goes Hawaiian? Too funny! I am so in. Back to look at the pictures!
Hi MEK!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #33
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh Ellen. I saw your FB pictures and they were stunning, but these are perfection. Wow! Your arriving hotel looks beautiful and brings new meaning to the phrase "picture perfect".

Can't wait to read more!
Well, the FB pics were only taken with my phone- I was checking in constantly because a friend of mine had done that a month before from Europe, and I loved it everyday! I'm honored you like the pics so far- there are soooooo many more to come- Kauai demands many, many photographs be taken- looking back, I actually wish I had taken more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Gorgeous pictures Ellen!

Is the dashboard in your rental car flowerified?
Yes- it's my lei of tuberose and carnation- the tuberose was very strong, but so gorgeous.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow!! So beautiful!! I was lucky enough to visit Hawaii ~20 yrs ago and I have been longing to return ever since. Maybe with Aulani I can make it happen. Off to check those point charts.

Looking forward to following along on another trip with you and your terrific family!
I want to say we used about 350 points for 6 nights in a 1 bdrm OV- but in August. When we go back it will probably be a May trip- so somewhat less. But you HAVE to visit a second island- I think Kauai is the most beautiful, but I remember Maui was really nice on our honeymoon as well-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
So excited to see another of your TR's!!! Looks awesome so far
Thanks! I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #34
podsnel

Just a little higher up, and we had arrived at-

So first we went to gaze in awe at the Canyon-

click to play-

I was so, so happy because there were not clouds- it is very important to get up here early as you have a better chance of actually seeing all of this- and all of what's to come in Kokee State Park. I was really nervous we might not see it- so imagine how ecstatic I was when this is what we got, just a little haze-

When we were leaving the official, fenced canyon lookout, Timmy (who we were now calling Monkey boy because of his EXTREME hiking skills) saw a hiking path through the woods, so we all followed-

And were rewarded with standing on the edge of the canyon without barriers-

click to play-

I got my pic!

Next we checked out the lookout to Niihau, the forbidden island-

Monkey boy chased some chickens-

And we bought some waters, mango and dried coconut from a stand in the lot-

It was SERIOUSLY ono (very good)- I wish I had a sliced up bowl of juicy mango for $3 right now! Back in the car- headed to Kokee State park and the MOST beautiful views I have ever seen!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Simply GORGEOUS. We need more and more please.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
podsnel

After you get through the Waimea Canyon, there is another park called Kokee which is at the top (and end) of the road. Our first stop here was the small museum- not ever having really hiked strenuously before, I wanted to ask the advice of the ranger there- after reading many, many ratings about all of these trails, I wasn't sure what to make of it. So many of the hikes on Kauai are considered strenuous and advanced- even something moderate would often be called dangerous in some sources. I had seen that the best thing to do was ask the ranger- so, we did- and she recommended the Pihea Trail at the end of the road. Great!! That was the one I REALLY wanted to do! 1 mile in and one mile out (although Pods said that was as the crow flies- he wanted how many miles we really did, being that the trail is extremely vertically challenging. But for now- the museum-

Outside, next to the museum, were a few tents, and I think we passed cabins to rent as well. We were only spending the day up here, but clearly you could make a MUCH longer trip of it.

The island of Kauai-

Can you make out the canyon? We were about to hike on the ridge overlooking Kauai's largest valley, going towards the ocean.

A hiker came in and reported that the Kalalau Valley was somewhat socked in- but would that last? Up next- (sorry- Timmy needs the computer for a fantasy football draft)

Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #37
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Your pix are inspiring !!Mmmmm another free trip maybe !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #38
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Holy cow!!!! I have a feeling I am going to be saying that a lot. But Wowsa!!! Amazing views. Gorgeous colors. I don't even know how to comment on it. It's just stunning.
I also love how you've been an updating fool. I am always so slow writing TRs, but I love it when people post a lot fast.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #39
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What an absolutely beautiful TR so far. The pictures are just gorgeous and I'm sure they probably don't do what you seen justice. But I am enjoying them none the less. It just looks like you had an amazing time so far and it is only day 1.

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #40
dizney4us
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting a TR, really looking forward to reading it all! Also...Happy Anniversary!!
dizney4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
mouseketeer70
Mouseketeer

I'm in! your pictures are amazing! I can't imagine what it must be like in real life! So breathtaking!
I can't believe they have ox tail soup! My grandfather used to make it when I was growing up and my memories are of how absolutely delicious it was!!! That's a good reason I need to go to Hawaii.....
Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #42
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Sorry Ellen, I am kinda late to the party but as you know I was somewhat "stuck" on a DREAM.
We're still on vacation, so reading up will have to wait a bit, but I promise that I will catch up as soon as I am back home!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Just saw your trip link on Facebook. Looks wondeful so far. I can't wait to read more. Dave and I are thinking of Aulani for our 10 year anniversary next year.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #44
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Wow! Like JensieB said there are no words... Such amazing colors, and your outlook views are incredible. Thanks for the update! Hope Timmy got a good team. Ryan was doing his on Wed - must be a different league.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #45
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Ellen your pictures are marvelous! You are making me edge closer to Hawaii for our fiftieth anniversary! What a beautiful place.

I'm anxious to see the resort. Love Tim & the chickens!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: