Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #1306
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your job. I have MS...have had it since '98 and it's a ***** Disney will definitely help you look forward to something fun! Will you be getting a ECV or wheelchair for the parks?
I'll be in an ECV--couldn't manage Disney w/o it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
Wave if you see us. We have 3 children. 2 girls (9 and 7) and our youngest (Jack -4) has blue glasses.
I'll keep my eye out. Wave if you see me--I'm in an ECV with a big LGMH on the front and back of my scooter! And, much to my kids' horror, I usually have a fanny pack on!

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. 17 days.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 01-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1307
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Hawaii is closing for renovation for the next month and a half. I posted the renovation schedule for each longhouse from Tikiman a few pages ago.

We tried to get CL for our upcoming trip but couldn't
Same for us - boo! Just planning to spend some extra time at Captain Cook's and Tambu lounge. Of all the places to stay non-CL, we think Poly and BC are the best!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #1308
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

I totally agree. It certainly won't be a hardship at the Poly!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #1309
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Definitely no hardship! Captain Cook's is so convenient - my favorite resort CS at WDW. (And that means a lot because I usually don't like CS!) Then add the Kona Sushi bar and Tambu Lounge - yay! Still can't decide whether to add a Kona breakfast, but it's so easy to just grab breakfast at Captain Cook's, bring it back to the room and let our boys get ready without rush while eating breakfast (hopefully on the balcony or patio!) Without CL, we decided to head over to WL early before our Artist Point ADR to try the Territory Lounge. We've stayed at WL twice, but never been to that lounge. As much as I was initially disappointed about the CL closure during our stay, I'm doing much better now!

Still holding with our Samoa request, but thinking our backup will be either Fiji marina side or Tokelau quiet pool side. Fiji pros: great marina view and close to GCH. Tokelau pros: far from Spirit of Aloha, no need to get around marina to GCH, better chance of balcony/patio and close to TTC. We'll see what happens when we arrive - less than three weeks now!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #1310
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
I'll be in an ECV--couldn't manage Disney w/o it!

I'll keep my eye out. Wave if you see me--I'm in an ECV with a big LGMH on the front and back of my scooter! And, much to my kids' horror, I usually have a fanny pack on!

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. 17 days.
We'll be there in 18 days! I'll keep my eyes out for you too I hope that you have a great trip and being in Disney makes you feel better

me DH DD and DS
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #1311
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Definitely no hardship! Captain Cook's is so convenient - my favorite resort CS at WDW. (And that means a lot because I usually don't like CS!) Then add the Kona Sushi bar and Tambu Lounge - yay! Still can't decide whether to add a Kona breakfast, but it's so easy to just grab breakfast at Captain Cook's, bring it back to the room and let our boys get ready without rush while eating breakfast (hopefully on the balcony or patio!) Without CL, we decided to head over to WL early before our Artist Point ADR to try the Territory Lounge. We've stayed at WL twice, but never been to that lounge. As much as I was initially disappointed about the CL closure during our stay, I'm doing much better now!

Still holding with our Samoa request, but thinking our backup will be either Fiji marina side or Tokelau quiet pool side. Fiji pros: great marina view and close to GCH. Tokelau pros: far from Spirit of Aloha, no need to get around marina to GCH, better chance of balcony/patio and close to TTC. We'll see what happens when we arrive - less than three weeks now!
What dates are you there? We are there from Jan 30-Feb 3. We requested Tokelau quiet pool side...at our first family trip to WDW, we stayed there and loved the convenience to both TTC and GCH while being quiet. Capt Cooks is a good CS, especially for breakfast. Where else could you get Tonga Toast so quickly?! And of course, the Dole Whips. Can't wait!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #1312
coolbluewater
Earning My Ears

Leaving soon....

Leaving on Friday. Wanted to thank you all for your help - can't wait! hope your countdowns fly by...
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #1313
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluewater
Leaving on Friday. Wanted to thank you all for your help - can't wait! hope your countdowns fly by...
Have a great trip! We love the Poly and look forward to paying it a visit when we stay at the BCV in a couple weeks.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #1314
TinkPearl
Counting down the days until January!

I can't find a breakfast menu for Capt Cook's.......can someone tell me what they offer? thanks

Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #1315
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPearl View Post
I can't find a breakfast menu for Capt Cook's.......can someone tell me what they offer? thanks
www.allears.net has all the menu's. http://allears.net/menu/menu_chh.htm

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #1316
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hi. Not sure what state you live in, but you might want to check out the Div. of Vocational Rehab office near you. They provide worksite accommodations.
Just spoke with a CM. Poly patio doors DO NOT have an RFID lock in them. We'll all have to use the Internal door to lock the room. Too bad.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #1317
cricketgirl
I've waited my whole life for this!

My son and I will be Poly bound 2 weeks from today. His first trip to Disney (he's 26) My 5th. Second poly stay for me. Stayed CL last jan. kinda disappointed it wasn't available this time. Oh well. Can't wait to check in. He is a go go go person like me. He has never had any interest in Disney at all until this year. I had planned a solo trip cause hubby didn't want to go then on a whim jokingly asked my son and he said yes. He is a huge foodie and is really looking forward to the meals. I may start packing today.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #1318
gjl
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how deep the pools are at the Poly? My DD5 likes to know if she can stand up or not when she goes in the pool. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #1319
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone-- I hadn't read about this yet, but wondered if any of you had?

We leave for our Poly stay in one week. Last night I called and spoke to a CM about a room request. We requested tokelau, pool view, balcony.

Well-- she sent an email to me and I noticed the only part of the request that was listed was "Balcony". Today I got a call from Disney Accounting. It turns out we owed an additional $219 for our 6 night stay. At first I thought perhaps I had been upgraded to a theme park or lagoon room. Turns out, according to the really nice CM in Disney Accounting all Poly pool rooms are in a different price category as of 2013.

Does anyone else know about this? I was so surprised-- I had no idea. Just wanted to give you all a head's up. I was hoping she was incorrect, but she seemed to really know what she was talking about!
have a great day!
jen

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1320
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
Hey everyone-- I hadn't read about this yet, but wondered if any of you had?

We leave for our Poly stay in one week. Last night I called and spoke to a CM about a room request. We requested tokelau, pool view, balcony.

Well-- she sent an email to me and I noticed the only part of the request that was listed was "Balcony". Today I got a call from Disney Accounting. It turns out we owed an additional $219 for our 6 night stay. At first I thought perhaps I had been upgraded to a theme park or lagoon room. Turns out, according to the really nice CM in Disney Accounting all Poly pool rooms are in a different price category as of 2013.

Does anyone else know about this? I was so surprised-- I had no idea. Just wanted to give you all a head's up. I was hoping she was incorrect, but she seemed to really know what she was talking about!
have a great day!
jen
That seems really odd. We're arriving on January 26 and requested Samoa, balcony, Volcano pool side. It's had no impact on our rate at all. So I checked the Disney website for our dates to see if they added any categories, and the website still lists the categories as "standard, lagoon and TPV." The description of "standard" at the Poly for our dates on the Disney website is "views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area."

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: