Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #1216
Kac923
Mouseketeer

only one pool at the GF will be closed at same time as Poly's volcano pool. The beach pool and new alice in wonderland splash area and beach pool bar will al be open at GF.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #1217
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Depending on how early your reservation is at CRT, I would take the monorail--the boats may not be running early in the a.m. Barring any monorail issues, it would be faster anyway.
8:05am so we will be sure to take the monorail. Hopefully it will be running! This will be our first full day there and our only early morning breakfast reservation. I figure the excitement will be enough to get us up. It will feel early since we are on Mountain time usually, but we have that evening off to take it easy. I have never stayed at the Poly before so I am super excited!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #1218
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Here's the update from Tikiman on renovation schedule and look of the rooms:
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/new...oom-renovation
Thank you! I have been hungry for this info! Just wish I knew about any renovations going on for the pool in August when I will be there. Just hoping not!
Old 01-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #1219
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Anyone having any luck booking a discounted GV room for 2013? We've been trying for awhile and are getting anxious about our May trip!
I got a PIN code that was good til the end of September(2013) and was able to get 35% off GV Poly. Dont know if you called, but might be worth a call to see if you have the same offer.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV,VWL,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #1220
JVP1
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! Just back from 10 days at the Polynesian. Our room was on the 3rd floor of Fiji overlooking the beach and Grand Floridian. We loved the location and even enjoyed every evening listening to the music at the Luah. It is very close to the main building so if you want to run over to Captain Cooks for a cup of tea or whatever it is super convenient. I did not find the rooms in disrepair nor did I find our room dark. Our room was spotless but you can tell it is time for an update. The last few days we were there, workers were coming out of the rooms across the hall from us (marina view)
Looked like boxes for lighting fixtures and a few people coming out with clip boards so the renovations are beginning! The hallways and elevators REALLY need to be redone.

The grounds are as beautiful as ever. We had no problems with the monorails. I can't imagine they will redo the Poly pool until the Grand Floridian's is done. The teacup pool at the Gr Fl is open but the main one still had walls up.

The Poly will always remain my favorite hotel but next time I think we are going to try the Yacht and Beach. We don't go into the MK as much as we used too - end up spending alot of the time in Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #1221
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
We just called and "Stu" said both the Polynesian and Grand Floridian pools will be closed during our time. Just sick to my stomach...
Oh no...that is such a sickening feeling when the Poly isn't cheap! Are you going to switch resorts??

What pool did he say resort quests could use?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #1222
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kac923 View Post
only one pool at the GF will be closed at same time as Poly's volcano pool. The beach pool and new alice in wonderland splash area and beach pool bar will al be open at GF.
Will POLY quests be allowed to use it though?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #1223
MommaNinja
Earning My Ears

This is a great thread! We are booked at Poly during July 4th. I have read the beach gets crowded for the fireworks. Any idea how early we will need to be on the beach in order to watch the fireworks on July 4th?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1224
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Will POLY quests be allowed to use it though?
they have been in the past during similar pool shut downs. just as recently GF guests (from what I've been told) have been allowed to use Poly pool when the main GF pool was closed.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #1225
Debrn
Mouseketeer

So we surprised the kids at midnight last night for our upcoming trip.
We had a Mardi Gras theme they popped a balloon filled with confetti which had a note that led them to the jester which had the trip info. But what we didn't tell them is after 2nights at POR we are heading to their favorite resort Poly for 6 nights. We are going to surprise them on that day !!
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #1226
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Hello to my fellow Polynesian Resort fans!

(Not sure if anyone remembers me, but this thread has been my favorite place on the DIS in years past).

Well I try to not visit here unless/until I have a WDW trip planned, but tonight, I just couldn't help it.

GuitarRob: AWESOME, EXCELLENT THREAD!!

I was just looking through the first few posts, at the gorgeous pictures, and immediately I felt that old familiar urge to want to go "home" to the Polynesian.

This past year we took a 9-night Disney cruise, but our last WDW trip was in 2010. I am in serious withdrawal here!!

I'm going to go back and continue browsing this terrific thread and see what's new at my favorite place; thanks to all who have contributed.

Edited to add: How could I forget?! We actually were at WDW and had breakfast and dinner at the Polynesian (Kona Cafe and 'Ohana) this past June, while on a port day in Port Canaveral during our DCL cruise (it sailed out of NYC). So really, I *have* been to the Polynesian within the past 6 months, but we didn't STAY there, so I forgot about it. LOL

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]

Last edited by SeaSpray; 01-01-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #1227
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Welcome back SeaSpray!
Hope you find yourself planning a Poly trip sometime soon!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #1228
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray

(Not sure if anyone remembers me, but this thread has been my favorite place on the DIS in years past).

Well I try to not visit here unless/until I have a WDW trip planned, but tonight, I just couldn't help it.

I was just looking through the first few posts, at the gorgeous pictures, and immediately I felt that old familiar urge to want to go "home" to the Polynesian.

This past year we took a 9-night Disney cruise, but our last WDW trip was in 2010. I am in serious withdrawal here!!

I'm going to go back and continue browsing this terrific thread and see what's new at my favorite place; thanks to all who have contributed.

Edited to add: How could I forget?! We actually were at WDW and had breakfast and dinner at the Polynesian (Kona Cafe and 'Ohana) this past June, while on a port day in Port Canaveral during our DCL cruise (it sailed out of NYC). So really, I *have* been to the Polynesian within the past 6 months, but we didn't STAY there, so I forgot about it. LOL
Nice to see another DIS old-timer.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #1229
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post

I remember you from when I first joined the DIS five years ago. So nice to see you back here.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #1230
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post

Nice to see you back at the old haunt. I don't post much either, but now and again I provide my two cents. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: