Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1711
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Our last Polynesian stay was several years back but we're booked for June 2013 for our older daughters high school graduation/18th birthday. Our prior stay was less than magical, room delays until almost 6pm due to housekeeping shampooing our carpet to remove "something". Manager was awesome though, insisted on comping our dinner at 'Ohana. Our girls were looking forward to the volcano pool, which wound up being closed our entire stay for "extensive cleaning/sanitizing" after parents let their children swim without swim diapers and then left "biologicals" floating Hoping that's not the case this time!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #1712
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
All rumor until it happens or Disney officially announces it (which is generally at the same time). Best 'rumors' are from Tikiman but even he has received misinformation.
This would be really really bad. We have our trip booked for the end of September. And for us the pool would be a deal breaker. I had no idea they were going to maybe do work on it then.

Trips: Many before DS, 2013- DS 1st trip Poly CL, 2014-BLT LV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #1713
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
I am super excited because I just booked our first Poly stay. We've been to several disney resorts (POFQ, AKL & BC), but Poly has always been on my resort "wish list"! I was able to get the 35% pin code for our stay in August 21-27th. Given this is our first time at Poly, my kids (DD13, DS 9), DH and I are not sure which longhouse we want to request or if we should request one at all. After reading this whole thread, I'm leaning towards Samoa, balcony, volcano pool side. We would like to be close to the pool and the GCH. Does that sound like a good request? Again, I'm just so thrilled to be able to stay at Poly......I don't think I'll care much which longhouse we're in.
We just love this location! We requested it a second time after our first stay there. I have photos from our room in my trip report linked in my signature. Beautiful view, perfect location, and you will definitely get a renovated room!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #1714
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Are buildings 'open' during renovations this time?

I think my question got buried a few pages ago (perhaps between all my drink and cabana photos ).

Last time they renovated, we stayed in Tokelau (2007). The were renovating Tokelau WHILE we stayed there. There was a bit of noise during the day and we did have to ask them to keep it down at one point while the kids were napping (we only asked once and they were really nice about it!). Other than that, the renovations didn't bother us at all - they didn't start too early or go to late and it wasn't smelly or dusty nor were they even renovating on our floor (just above).

So I am staying at the Poly in May and it looks like Tokelau will be renovated during that time (or at least if the schedule is spot on). Well, I adore the longhouse and do not care if they are renovating it while we are there.

BUT...this time around, are they keeping the longhouses open while they renovate? So just renovating a section of a longhouse at a time so they still have other rooms available? It sounds like a yes because people have reported they have stayed CL recently while renovations were ongoing.

Does anyone know for sure the the longhouses will still be open during renovations?

Wow, such a long post for such a short question

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #1715
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
This would be really really bad. We have our trip booked for the end of September. And for us the pool would be a deal breaker. I had no idea they were going to maybe do work on it then.
I agree - a volcano pool closure would be a deal breaker for me too. The kids love the slide and DH and I like to enjoy the castle view while we relax! BUT I will say that the whole family prefers to actually SWIM in the East Pool. We usually start off at the volcano pool then move to the East Pool to really be able to swim (yup, Mom's getting her hair wet - FINALLY).

But I haven't heard the rumor about a pool closure in the fall. Doesn't mean it isn't a rumor or that it isn't going to happen though!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #1716
angbuz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
We just love this location! We requested it a second time after our first stay there. I have photos from our room in my trip report linked in my signature. Beautiful view, perfect location, and you will definitely get a renovated room!
Thanks! Just went through your trip report and it makes me soooo excited for the POLY. We'll be there in August and we can't wait!!!!!
August 2010 - BC
August 2013 - POLY :
Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1717
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think my question got buried a few pages ago (perhaps between all my drink and cabana photos ).

Last time they renovated, we stayed in Tokelau (2007). The were renovating Tokelau WHILE we stayed there. There was a bit of noise during the day and we did have to ask them to keep it down at one point while the kids were napping (we only asked once and they were really nice about it!). Other than that, the renovations didn't bother us at all - they didn't start too early or go to late and it wasn't smelly or dusty nor were they even renovating on our floor (just above).

So I am staying at the Poly in May and it looks like Tokelau will be renovated during that time (or at least if the schedule is spot on). Well, I adore the longhouse and do not care if they are renovating it while we are there.

BUT...this time around, are they keeping the longhouses open while they renovate? So just renovating a section of a longhouse at a time so they still have other rooms available? It sounds like a yes because people have reported they have stayed CL recently while renovations were ongoing.

Does anyone know for sure the the longhouses will still be open during renovations?

We just got back from the Poly this last Saturday, while checking out, I overheard a guest checking in asking about paying to upgrade. The cm told him it was unlikely because they were quite full as 2 longhouses were closed due to renovations but she would call and check. So to answer your ?, sounds like they are closing them during renovations.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1718
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, They are closing the whole longhouse til it is all done. I asked the CM and that is what I was told.

Trips: Many before DS, 2013- DS 1st trip Poly CL, 2014-BLT LV
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #1719
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Tinkerbellie16 I believe they are closing down the longhouses for the renovations because it also includes plumbing and electrical work.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #1720
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Hi everyone, We am going to be staying at BLT this coming april. We have an ADR at Cona Cafe on the day we arrive, I figured we would check out the Poly and have dinner there that night. Is there anything we should absolutely check out at the Poly before heading back to BLT for the night?

We have always passed by the Poly on the Monorail but have never been in there!
Kona Cafe is great, enjoy it. I would definitely take a little walk out the back of the main building and see the torch lit walkways. If the timing is right, maybe even watch Wishes on the beach. Also check out the gift shop on the first floor of the main building for the fun tiki statues.
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #1721
GinCar
DIS Veteran

So excited, we leave tomorrow, which means.... I will be sleeping at the Poly for the first time ever.

We are only staying 3 short nights before our cruise, but I am hoping we will love it so much that we will want to book it again.

Thanks for all the help on this thread.
2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1722
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Jogging stroller as CL guest?

I swear I read somewhere that the Poly has jogging strollers for CL guests, although for the life of me I can't now remember where! I was wondering if this is true and if anyone has been able to take advantage of it. Is it something I can count on being available? Can they be reserved? Anyone know if they have singles or doubles?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #1723
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbuz View Post
Thanks! Just went through your trip report and it makes me soooo excited for the POLY. We'll be there in August and we can't wait!!!!!
You're welcome! Thanks for reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Hi everyone, We am going to be staying at BLT this coming april. We have an ADR at Cona Cafe on the day we arrive, I figured we would check out the Poly and have dinner there that night. Is there anything we should absolutely check out at the Poly before heading back to BLT for the night?

We have always passed by the Poly on the Monorail but have never been in there!
If it isn't a Sunday or Monday, try to catch the Torch Lighting Ceremony. It's usually around 5PM? right in front of the lobby. For free, you get a little show from the famous fire twirler who performs at the luau. As your concierge at BLT for the exact time. I agree that watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly is really specially. It will give you a different perpective from the one you will have from BLT. Also walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. You will hear the Polynesian music playing in the background and the torches are very beautiful at night. The Tambu Lounge is also one of our favorite places to grab a drink.

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #1724
DelaneyJ
Mouseketeer

Doing online check in right now

I just logged in this morning and we are at 58 days! Woohoo
I was so excited, I started doing online check in. Don't know why this is making me nervous but I just hope I am doing the right thing
So I REALLY want a renovated room and it looks like the Samoa building is going to be renovated starting Feb 3rd and the Niue/ Rarotonga starting March 3. I wonder if either it will be done by April 7th?? If so, which should I request and should I request floor or balcony? (We have a 3 1/2 and 5 year old)
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #1725
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyJ View Post
I just logged in this morning and we are at 58 days! Woohoo
I was so excited, I started doing online check in. Don't know why this is making me nervous but I just hope I am doing the right thing
So I REALLY want a renovated room and it looks like the Samoa building is going to be renovated starting Feb 3rd and the Niue/ Rarotonga starting March 3. I wonder if either it will be done by April 7th?? If so, which should I request and should I request floor or balcony? (We have a 3 1/2 and 5 year old)
Thanks!
I think they are allotting 2 months per building for the renovations, so Niue/Rarontonga will not be done, Samoa, maybe ...

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: