Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #1666
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki
At Poly now. Its perfect. I don't see much construction. We are in Tokeleu. At pool at the moment.
Thanks for the rwview!what floor/ view did you choose?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #1667
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Question about CL room views and locations

We are planning a vacation for December 2013 and are planning to stay in CL rooms at the Poly. Very excited! I've read about the different level rooms - garden view (patio), Lagoon view (no balcony) and Theme Park view (balcony.) I'm curious as to whether all the rooms on the side that doesn't face the lagoon are considered garden view, even if they are on the 2nd or 3rd floor? How does that work? And could someone also tell me where the lounge is located and whether it is better to be near it (for convenience with the kids and a group of 10 people traveling together) or far (if it tends to be noisy?) What floor do you enter the lounge from?
Thanks so much!! This site has been so helpful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #1668
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
We are planning a vacation for December 2013 and are planning to stay in CL rooms at the Poly. Very excited! I've read about the different level rooms - garden view (patio), Lagoon view (no balcony) and Theme Park view (balcony.) I'm curious as to whether all the rooms on the side that doesn't face the lagoon are considered garden view, even if they are on the 2nd or 3rd floor? How does that work? And could someone also tell me where the lounge is located and whether it is better to be near it (for convenience with the kids and a group of 10 people traveling together) or far (if it tends to be noisy?) What floor do you enter the lounge from?
Yes, all of the rooms that are on the side that doesn't face the lagoon are GV. The rooms on the 1st floor have patios. The second floor rooms in Hawaii (all of them regardless of category) only have sliders and all of the third floor rooms have balconies. Just to clarify, not all of the TPV rooms necessarily have balconies. There are some TPV rooms located on the first floor, so they have patios, and some on second floor, and therefore don't have balconies. Likewise, there are some LV rooms on the first floor (patios) and one on the third floor (balcony). It's the floor that the room is on that determines if it has a patio, slider or balcony, not the category of room.

The lounge is located on the second floor. There is also a loft section with a bathroom and some seating on the third floor, with a third floor entrance, that accesses the main part of the lounge via an internal staircase. I don't think being located near the lounge would really be noisy, other than maybe foot traffic in the hall around food service times? (I don't think there would be a lot of noise from the lounge itself)

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #1669
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
All CL rooms that do not face the lagoon are GV. The lounge is located on the second (serving area) and third floor (additional seating). Access to the main area is on the second floor, but you can easily get there from any floor. Our room preference is in the middle of the building, 3rd floor--close enough to the exits and lounge, but far enough from the elevator that noise isn't an issue. Honestly though, we have never been bothered by any noise from the lounge itself--only folks who are noisy in the hallways.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #1670
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Yes, all of the rooms that are on the side that doesn't face the lagoon are GV. The rooms on the 1st floor have patios. The second floor rooms in Hawaii (all of them regardless of category) only have sliders and all of the third floor rooms have balconies. Just to clarify, not all of the TPV rooms necessarily have balconies. There are some TPV rooms located on the first floor, so they have patios, and some on second floor, and therefore don't have balconies. Likewise, there are some LV rooms on the first floor (patios) and one on the third floor (balcony). It's the floor that the room is on that determines if it has a patio, slider or balcony, not the category of room.

The lounge is located on the second floor. There is also a loft section with a bathroom and some seating on the third floor, with a third floor entrance, that accesses the main part of the lounge via an internal staircase. I don't think being located near the lounge would really be noisy, other than maybe foot traffic in the hall around food service times? (I don't think there would be a lot of noise from the lounge itself)
We must have been typing at the same time! Great minds think alike!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #1671
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
We must have been typing at the same time! Great minds think alike!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #1672
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Hello fellow Poly Lover's.

I am in need of some advice.

DH and i are planning (well I am planning, he just talks about it) a trip after tax season for us. This will be our 1st trp alone since 1989 (our Honeymoon). We plan on calling it our 24 Anniversary trip since our actual date is June 30th and that is just a crazy time of year to go.

We never really do much for our Anniversary so figured we would go for it in April. The Poly is our family spot, we have stayed 3 times, twice CL.

Here is where i want opinions.

I keep asking him where he wants to stay and he says Poly CL. Right now with Spring offer it's only 20% off, so i booked BWI at 30% and he says that's fine. I am all for trying the BWI because we love Epcot. He keeps saying well the Poly has the monorail there.

I am going to be at WDW in 6 days with my DD. I could have the opportunity to book Poly CL with BB at 35% so according to my math is approx $136 more per night than what i have at BWI SV.

SO i was wondering how many of you would suprise him with Poly CL or how many are thinking we have have our own spot at BWI and leave the Poly for family time.

On a side note...Hawaii should be done by April 21? Also, any other construction planned for that time other than the other Longhouses?

Thanks so much (i am really torn on trying something new for us or surprising him with his fav)
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #1673
Jedimike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

DH and i are planning (well I am planning, he just talks about it) a trip after tax season for us. This will be our 1st trp alone since 1989 (our Honeymoon). We plan on calling it our 24 Anniversary trip since our actual date is June 30th and that is just a crazy time of year to go.

We never really do much for our Anniversary so figured we would go for it in April. The Poly is our family spot, we have stayed 3 times, twice CL.

I keep asking him where he wants to stay and he says Poly CL. Right now with Spring offer it's only 20% off, so i booked BWI at 30% and he says that's fine. I am all for trying the BWI because we love Epcot. He keeps saying well the Poly has the monorail there.

I am going to be at WDW in 6 days with my DD. I could have the opportunity to book Poly CL with BB at 35% so according to my math is approx $136 more per night than what i have at BWI SV.

SO i was wondering how many of you would suprise him with Poly CL or how many are thinking we have have our own spot at BWI and leave the Poly for family time.

On a side note...Hawaii should be done by April 21? Also, any other construction planned for that time other than the other Longhouses?

Thanks so much (i am really torn on trying something new for us or surprising him with his fav)
I think if I were there alone w/o my kids, I would be a little sad to go back to the Poly, especially since you've been there so many times w/ them. Since you'll be alone, I would assume you'd be spending more time at Epcot? Every time we go, we debate about location, and we've been staying on the monorail line since our kids are young, but when they're teenagers, we're all looking forward to staying at one of the Epcot resorts!! -- my favorite "evening" park.
[2001 - All-Star Movies] [2007 - All-Star Music] [2009 - Caribbean Beach] [2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary] [2012 - Grand Floridian] [2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)/ Polynesian] [2013 - Wilderness Lodge] [2014 - Polynesian]
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1674
Debrn
Mouseketeer

yummy cocktails for girls only trip in Oct.2012

10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #1675
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Is that a "Back-Scratcher" ?

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #1676
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict

If it were me in that situation, I'd definitely book the Poly as a surprise if it were within your budget if a BB offer was available.

Bonny
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #1677
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

It sounds like your husband would like to stay at the Poly so I say surprise him if you can!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #1678
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Since someone else posted some fabulous drink photos - here is one of the menu along with the Island Sunset. While it is not the strongest drink, it is the perfect one to pick up after check in while you wander around the resort

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #1679
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Maybe I'm the only one - but this does not look dark to me. Not in the 5 times I've stayed in this type of decorated Poly room -

Just ignore the excited children

Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #1680
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

And since I'm on a photo kick - here are some of the cabanas. I'm seriously considering booking these as an additional surprise for my DD's birthday trip (and she doesn't know I booked the Poly )

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: