Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #1651
smartestblonde
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednora
We arrive at the Poly on Friday. We're big Ravens fans, and would like to make plans to watch the Superbowl at the resort. Is anyone there now and do you know what the Poly has planned for the Superbowl?

Thanks so much!
I called the Poly, and they are definitely showing it inside at the restaurants and lounge areas. I've also read that they will likely show it on the big screens outside by the beach.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1652
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednora
We arrive at the Poly on Friday. We're big Ravens fans, and would like to make plans to watch the Superbowl at the resort. Is anyone there now and do you know what the Poly has planned for the Superbowl?

Thanks so much!
Tambu Lounge should be showing it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #1653
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179 View Post
Our kids wanted to go to the Neverland club every night afterwards. If only we could have afforded it! They had a great time and said it was their favorite part of the trip
Our kids too! I was so worried about it - if they would like it, if we would get a call that they were crying or lonely, and it turns out they had no desire for us to pick them up It is pricey but so worth it!!! One time we put the kids in as a walk in for a 2nd night on our vacation and when DH went to get the kids, he used cash. Well something was wrong with their system and DH said it was the only way he could pay and those fabulous people said that night was on them!!!! He even tried to tip them or leave the money but they wouldn't let him. That was probably the biggest amount of pixie dust we have ever had

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
I have a question for those of you who have tried Tonga Toast...is it sickeningly sweet? I read the description and it sounds like it. Just wondering if it tastes that way. Also - do you have to eat at Kona Cafe or can you get it at Captain Hook's too?

I will have a Dole Whip this time too!!

Thank you!!!
I am a huge sweets fan...and a banana fan...and a carb/bread fan...and Tonga Toast is way too sweet for me! I think you've got to try it though. My family of four got one order at Captain Cooks and then got other breakfast orders, especially heavy on the protein (kids breakfast plate with bacon, eggs, grapes, and juice ROCKS!!!). So we all got to try the Tonga Toast but still had other food to round out the meal, especially if one of us didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartestblonde View Post
Fabulous....cannot wait!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention this - and you may already know - but the Neverland Club also feeds the kids. They bring in kids meals from Captain Cooks so your kids get their choice of entree, sides, and drink. It is included in the price you pay so don't worry about feeding your kids dinner before they go.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #1654
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

We are here at the Poly now! Got all of my requests for a room and we are loving it here. Our only problem was the monorail service completely stopped running as we were waiting in line to come back from MK tonight. First they said it was only one train so we waited....then they closed it. It was rough because my kids were dressed for the warm weather today and it got very windy and chilly all of a sudden. My DD was in a wheelchair and has a chronic illness so it was not good for her. We ended up having to wait a while to get the boat launch back with everyone else and their mother. Got back for the fireworks though (I bundled my DS up and took him out). Amazing as always.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #1655
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
We are here at the Poly now! Got all of my requests for a room and we are loving it here. Our only problem was the monorail service completely stopped running as we were waiting in line to come back from MK tonight. First they said it was only one train so we waited....then they closed it. It was rough because my kids were dressed for the warm weather today and it got very windy and chilly all of a sudden. My DD was in a wheelchair and has a chronic illness so it was not good for her. We ended up having to wait a while to get the boat launch back with everyone else and their mother. Got back for the fireworks though (I bundled my DS up and took him out). Amazing as always.
Sorry to read about your bad expierence with the monorail. I worry about that happening when I am there too.

Happy to read your room requests were granted. Have a Magical trip!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #1656
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We had an amazing breakfast (Tonga Toast and Mickey waffles...delicious carbs) and we are off to Hollywood Studios!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #1657
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
I am a huge sweets fan...and a banana fan...and a carb/bread fan...and Tonga Toast is way too sweet for me! I think you've got to try it though. My family of four got one order at Captain Cooks and then got other breakfast orders, especially heavy on the protein (kids breakfast plate with bacon, eggs, grapes, and juice ROCKS!!!). So we all got to try the Tonga Toast but still had other food to round out the meal, especially if one of us didn't like it.
I'm a sweet's fan, but can only handle so much. I LOVE bananas! But, based on everyone's comments, I believe the first time we try it we'll get one and split it 4 ways. That way no one is stuck having to overload on sweetness at breakfast! Then we can all decide from there if we want our own later on in the trip.

Thank you everyone for all your comments!! Very much appreciated!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #1658
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
Thanks! We had an amazing breakfast (Tonga Toast and Mickey waffles...delicious carbs) and we are off to Hollywood Studios!
Have an awesomely FUN day!!

I am SO jealous!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #1659
Mainemama
Mouseketeer

Rarotonga rear view

Any advice on making a room request for a garden view room? Last year, we just requested a patio and ended up in Rarotonga facing the garden pool and loved it. We would like the same this year, but are worried that if we request Rarotonga, we might end up on the backside. We have three kiddos, including a baby, so proximity to GCH is key, and we liked the quietness of the rooms around the quiet pool.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #1660
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainemama View Post
Any advice on making a room request for a garden view room? Last year, we just requested a patio and ended up in Rarotonga facing the garden pool and loved it. We would like the same this year, but are worried that if we request Rarotonga, we might end up on the backside. We have three kiddos, including a baby, so proximity to GCH is key, and we liked the quietness of the rooms around the quiet pool.
I requested Tokelau, first floor, facing the quiet pool and I got all of my requests. But it's also a quieter time of the year so I would think it would depend on when you are going. If you request Rarotonga, also request quiet pool side if that's e most important to you. Tokelau is great too
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #1661
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Construction at the Poly

Haven't been on this sight for awhile so I am feeling a little out of touch. We are spending a couple of nights at the Poly at the end of March. What kind of construction should I expect? Will the main pool be under construction? We also requested Samoa? Which longhouses will be under construction at this time? Looked on Tikiman's site, but wasn't sure how construction of the longhouses is progressing?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #1662
psac
DIS Veteran

Do they play the Wishes music in the Club lounge? Thanks!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #1663
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Do they play the Wishes music in the Club lounge? Thanks!
Yes, they do!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #1664
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

We got back late Thursday night from our stay 1/24-1/31.

Absolutely a wonderful place. Our first stay and we all loved it. We had room 1608 Samoa, ground floor facing the volcano pool just as we had requested. As far as I am concerned this was a perfect location. We were steps away from the pool, steps away from the beach and only a very short walk away from Captain Cook's for mug refills. It was wonderful. I could see how it might be a bit loud in the afternoon with the kids' activities going on around the pool (we had warm weather!) but we liked it. If you are looking for something quieter, I would ask for the other side of the building.

I found the rooms to be fine and not too dark, although I do see what people are saying about how the hallways need sprucing up. The carpet in the hallway was pretty gross. But since the rehab is going on right now, I am not going to dwell on that.

The only minor problem we had with our room was a quirk with the exhaust fan in the bathroom and I am not sure whether that is a resort-wide problem or not. It was triggered by the person walking toward the toilet, which sounds great in theory except that it turns off after a while if nobody is in the toilet area. That means it would shut off in the middle of a shower, causing the room to steam up a LOT. You could see the damage this had done to the ceiling in the bathroom with too much steam over and over. It was certainly not something that caused us any distress and it was a very minor thing - just something I am hoping they fix when they do the rehab.

The cast members were so friendly and welcoming.

We shared in the frustration with the monorail, though. We left the kids in the Neverland Club one night (we did make reservations for them with the concierge a few nights before) and left the Polynesian a little before 7pm for a 7:45 reservation at the California Grill. That should have been more than enough time but there was something wrong with a train on the track that had to be pushed aside. We were almost late for our reservation and very stressed out. Those sorts of delays happened a few times while we were there. Frustrating to be sure.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #1665
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

At Poly now. Its perfect. I don't see much construction. We are in Tokeleu. At pool at the moment.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: