Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #781
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Dh ended up booking both lots of car hire today. He checked out traveljigsaw and car hire 3000 and commented that they were the same site just in different currencies. Traveljigsaw ended up being a bit cheaper than alamo but required an $80 deposit that you had to forfeit if you cancelled, whereas when booking through alamo you can cancel and rebook if you find cheaper rates.

Tomorrow's job is to book the rocky mountaineer from vancouver to whistler. I think it's one of the parts of this trip that i am looking forward to the most (and of course seeing my kids faces light up when we take them to disneyland).

Aussie Shaz, I hope that we get offered an upgrade. I'd love a bigger room with the 5 of us sharing. I'll word dh up about paying for an upgrade when we get to the US. He'll have a whinge if I try to pay more now.
sarefromoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #782
5ofus
DIS Veteran

I've just booked our car hire! Things are moving along nicely Seven months tomorrow

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #783
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I've just booked our car hire! Things are moving along nicely Seven months tomorrow
Yay!!. Who did you go with? We have booked with National as we get a loyalty discount with them.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #784
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
Yay!!. Who did you go with? We have booked with National as we get a loyalty discount with them.
Alamo. There weren't many choices with car seats and Vegas - Anaheim

Old 02-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #785
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone *waves* my name is Lisa, I'm 29 and hope you don't mind if I join the list? I still can not believe that I am finally going to meet that Mouse and Donald! As you can all imagine I am over the moon I've been reading lots of websites the last month or so doing a bit of research and thought this place seems to be a nice website with lots of well informed members so may as well set myself up here

My friend and I are flying in on the 23rd with a stop over in Miami for our Carnival Imagination cruise (which is going to oh so EPIC in itself) then head to Universal on the 28th, Disney on the 31st until the 4th, hoping to get tickets to Mickey's Halloween event as well! I am just full of beans and excitement for this trip, there's quite a few firsts for me; it's my first trip to the US, first trip to Disney, first trip to Universal, first Halloween experience, first cruise..first everything it seems lol! I was born with kidney failure and had been on Dialysis for almost 3 years and I never thought I'd get the chance to visit the US so it's been bitter sweet to plan this trip, now though I just wish it was October already because I am SO ready to board that A380!! Any way I'm sorry for the long post, I am happy to see there's an Aussie board here!
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #786
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa Yours sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

5ofus - we're doing the Vegas to anaheim drive too and chose alamo. Dh thinks that it may be cheaper to buy a couple of boosters for 2 of our 3 kids (who will be almost 7 and almost 5 when we go), but it seems such a waste, because there'd be no point bringing them home. Have you planned any stops along the way? We stopped in Barstow last time and we went for a quick shop at the outlets. They were good back in '99, hopefully they still are as we're stopping in Barstow for a night this time (we're driving from Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Barstow to San Diego to anaheim)

When are you all getting Disney tickets? We're planning on being at disneyland/ca for 5 days. Would you spend the extra and get the park hopper tickets or just get the 5day park ticket where you can only go to one park per day? I think that that second option would save us about $150 (spending money )but if there are downfalls to that then we'd go the park hopper option. We'll be at disneyland between the 24th and 29th of Sept. it is over the weekend, so there should be fireworks at least one of the nights.
sarefromoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #787
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
Hi everyone *waves* my name is Lisa, I'm 29 and hope you don't mind if I join the list? I still can not believe that I am finally going to meet that Mouse and Donald! As you can all imagine I am over the moon I've been reading lots of websites the last month or so doing a bit of research and thought this place seems to be a nice website with lots of well informed members so may as well set myself up here

My friend and I are flying in on the 23rd with a stop over in Miami for our Carnival Imagination cruise (which is going to oh so EPIC in itself) then head to Universal on the 28th, Disney on the 31st until the 4th, hoping to get tickets to Mickey's Halloween event as well! I am just full of beans and excitement for this trip, there's quite a few firsts for me; it's my first trip to the US, first trip to Disney, first trip to Universal, first Halloween experience, first cruise..first everything it seems lol! I was born with kidney failure and had been on Dialysis for almost 3 years and I never thought I'd get the chance to visit the US so it's been bitter sweet to plan this trip, now though I just wish it was October already because I am SO ready to board that A380!! Any way I'm sorry for the long post, I am happy to see there's an Aussie board here!
Welcome to the ANZAC section of the Disboards. Seems like quite a few people will be at the World at the end of September/early October.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #788
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! Welcome to our little part of the DIS . Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned

Sare, we are only hiring the car for one day, to get us to Anaheim so it's not worth us buying car and booster seats for the boys. I think the Alamo price is only $5 per day each anyway. I haven't planned the drive yet, but Barstow sounds promising. That might be my job for tomorrow - plan the drive and stop(s). I'm hoping to only stop the once. We go camping a fair bit so the boys are use to long periods in the car. Seven months to go tomorrow!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #789
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Barstow is AMAZING!!! So many warehouse outlets....all in the one location.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #790
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome - we sailed on the Imagination in 2011. Which itinerary are you doing?
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #791
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to sharing my trip with you all and hearing about yours.. lots of Disney trips have been had by everyone I see Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful Disneyship for the Mouse and I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Welcome - we sailed on the Imagination in 2011. Which itinerary are you doing?
We're actually doing a celebrity cruise and I believe it's going to Half Moon Cay as it says "private island" but 3 days of non stop partying before we head to the parks. Probably not the most 'ideal' way to see the US on my first trip but heck it's going to be SO much fun, I am very excited!
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #792
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:

hi and welcome it is great that you are so excited about your trip!! you will love disney and universal is awesome we are also going to be there for halloween time and hope to catch mnsshp .. wonder if our paths will cross? lol.

the anzac disboards are fabulous and everyone on here is amazing.

welcome

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #793
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to sharing my trip with you all and hearing about yours.. lots of Disney trips have been had by everyone I see Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful Disneyship for the Mouse and I

We're actually doing a celebrity cruise and I believe it's going to Half Moon Cay as it says "private island" but 3 days of non stop partying before we head to the parks. Probably not the most 'ideal' way to see the US on my first trip but heck it's going to be SO much fun, I am very excited!
Welcome to the Disboards Lisa. It sounds like you have a great trip planned.

At first I was confused and couldn't tell whether you are cruising Carnival Cruise Line or Celebrity Cruise Line. But, after re-reading, I'm guessing you're doing a Carnival Cruise with celebrities on it? If so, how exciting! Who are the celebrities?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #794
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Welcome Lisa, it sounds like you have planned a fun and exciting trip
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #795
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Barstow is AMAZING!!! So many warehouse outlets....all in the one location.
I've just been looking at this today - yay! I still have to convince the DH that stopping there for some shopping with three very small boys in tow is a good idea though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: