Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #661
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
I'm not expecting much tbh, but it's still fun to say I'm going first class
Just know that mere plebs, like me, will be jealous!

Disney World - Sept/Oct 2015 or Dec 2015/Jan 2016???
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #662
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alicia - Can you please update my dates in the first post? I'm tentatively looking at the 15th Sep - 12 Oct. Target destinations: DLR, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Durango, Orlando (Universal and WDW).

Thanks!
PIO, I'll be reading your TR with interest. Love, Love Love the southwest! but we haven/t managed to get to Mesa Verde or Durango yet.

Are you going to do the San Juan Skyway Scenic Drive? It's on my bucket list...

Andona
Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #663
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Yay, just booked my final flight. LAX to MCO with Virgin America.

I was about to book Main Cabin (economy) when I noticed Main Cabin Select (premium economy) wasn't too much more expensive ($150 p/p extra). Once you factor in the extra cost of luggage, meals, drinks and entertainment that you need to pay with main cabin (but not main cabin select) I figured that the difference was actually only about $80 p/p more for better seats and priority boarding and check-in. That and the fact that we can order as many drinks, food and movies without having to feel guilty about our spending.

I was really excited when I ran this option past DH and he said "Just book it".

Anyway, thought I'd mention this in case anyone is looking for a more reasonably priced premium economy option.

Last edited by WanderlustNZ; 01-18-2013 at 11:56 PM.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #664
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alicia - Can you please update my dates in the first post? I'm tentatively looking at the 15th Sep - 12 Oct. Target destinations: DLR, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Durango, Orlando (Universal and WDW).

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder6 View Post
We're going October 15-20. BWV Grand Villa. Super excited. DD3 first trip. Cant wait. Planning has started.
doneskies
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #665
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post

I was about to book Main Cabin (economy) when I noticed Main Cabin Select (premium economy) wasn't too much more expensive ($150 p/p). Once you factor in the extra cost of luggage, meals, drinks and entertainment that you need to pay with main cabin (but not main cabin select) I figured that the difference was actually only about $80 p/p more for better seats and priority boarding and check-in. That and the fact that we can order as many drinks, food and movies without having to feel guilty about our spending.

Anyway, thought I'd mention this in case anyone is looking for a more reasonably priced premium economy option.
i was looking at virgin america for our mco - lax flights. if the main cabin select is being sold for only this $ much more, i say you got a bargain when you factor luggage fees and priority boarding etc. sounds awesome. putting a note in my diary now to research it later
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #666
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ

I was about to book Main Cabin (economy) when I noticed Main Cabin Select (premium economy) wasn't too much more expensive ($150 p/p). Once you factor in the extra cost of luggage, meals, drinks and entertainment that you need to pay with main cabin (but not main cabin select) I figured that the difference was actually only about $80 p/p more for better seats and priority boarding and check-in. That and the fact that we can order as many drinks, food and movies without having to feel guilty about our spending.

Sounds like you got yourself a bit of a deal there - well done

I am starting to freak out about how quickly this year is going tough. September will be here before I know it!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #667
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

I was looking at virgin america for our mco - lax flights. if the main cabin select is being sold for only this $ much more, i say you got a bargain when you factor luggage fees and priority boarding etc. sounds awesome. putting a note in my diary now to research it later
I'm really pleased. For a 5 hour flight, it seems a pretty good deal to me.

Just thought I'd better mention though, incase my post wasn't entirely clear, the seats weren't $150. They were $150 MORE than main cabin and cost about $329 each. I just realised that the wording of my post may have been a bit confusing. I hope I didn't get anyone too excited. :-/

Edited to say: I just went back into my booking to check something and I noticed that the price for Main Cabin Select has already increased on the day I'm flying to about $680 p/p. Basically there are 12 seats on the plane and as soon as someone books the first seats (in our case 3 of them), it seems the price skyrockets. Thought I'd just mention this incase anyone is interested. In the case of Virgin America, it seems it pays to book early.

Last edited by WanderlustNZ; 01-19-2013 at 12:37 AM.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #668
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Urgh, latest dilemma...will they let the boys on the hotel shuttle without carseats? I'm usually going-ho about carseats - all my boys were rear facing until well after they were required to - its something that is important to me. BUT the hotel we are staying at is less than 1km from the airport - courtyard lax. I actually would really like to walk, but I don't think that is an option...is it? The idea of carting two boosters and a carseat through three airports for a five minute shuttle seems rather ridiculous to me!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #669
battymum
DIS Veteran

Is that the only time you will need them?

Bur yeah, I would definitely not bother with the older two. Are you taking a stroller?
if you are really concerned about the little one, maybe one parent can walk with him in the stroller, while the other takes the luggage and the other two in the shuttle.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #670
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum
Is that the only time you will need them?

Bur yeah, I would definitely not bother with the older two. Are you taking a stroller?
if you are really concerned about the little one, maybe one parent can walk with him in the stroller, while the other takes the luggage and the other two in the shuttle.
That's what I'm thinking Battymum...I really think we will all be fine in the shuttle for such a short trip (wouldn't dare post that elsewhere on the DIS!). I've emailled the hotel so I'll see what they say.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #671
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

We have taken the shuttle from LAX to Alamo with the kids at various ages without car seats. DD has been 35 months, 4 and 6, DS1 19 months, 3 and 5 and DS2 9 months and 2 1/2.

I am paranoid about car seats. But having taken 3 on one of our trips, I would never ever do that again.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #672
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3
We have taken the shuttle from LAX to Alamo with the kids at various ages without car seats. DD has been 35 months, 4 and 6, DS1 19 months, 3 and 5 and DS2 9 months and 2 1/2.

I am paranoid about car seats. But having taken 3 on one of our trips, I would never ever do that again.
Thanks again Jade! I don't know what I would do without you planning this trip. You are a wealth of information for somebody travelling with three small kids.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #673
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Thanks again Jade! I don't know what I would do without you planning this trip. You are a wealth of information for somebody travelling with three small kids.
Hehe, I am glad to see that there are others as silly as us (just kidding).

Mine will be 8, 7 and 4. It will be the 4th time for the two eldest kids. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Our first bottle and nappy free trip since 2004.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #674
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3

Hehe, I am glad to see that there are others as silly as us (just kidding).

Mine will be 8, 7 and 4. It will be the 4th time for the two eldest kids. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Our first bottle and nappy free trip since 2004.
On our 'big trip' in 2015 ours will be 4,6 and 8. With the 4 and 6 year olds closer to 5 and 7. That's going to be a lot easier!

This trip was a bit impromptu - if you can call booking a year out impromptu! A close friend is getting married in Vegas. I didn't want to miss it and won't leave the boys for longer than a night yet, so the trip was on! On the crazy side, we took the two oldest to Tokyo Disneyland when they were 16 months and 3. If we didnt have the boys in the order they were born in, this WOULD NOT have happened! DS3 is a runner and DS2 has an attitude - which hadnt developed at 16 months. A 3 year old DS1 and 16 month old DS2 made it a lot easier than it sounds.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #675
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz

Thanks!
Oooooh a road trip! Looking forward to reading all about your plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ

I'm really pleased. For a 5 hour flight, it seems a pretty good deal to me.

Just thought I'd better mention though, incase my post wasn't entirely clear, the seats weren't $150. They were $150 MORE than main cabin and cost about $329 each. I just realised that the wording of my post may have been a bit confusing. I hope I didn't get anyone too excited. :-/

Edited to say: I just went back into my booking to check something and I noticed that the price for Main Cabin Select has already increased on the day I'm flying to about $680 p/p. Basically there are 12 seats on the plane and as soon as someone books the first seats (in our case 3 of them), it seems the price skyrockets. Thought I'd just mention this incase anyone is interested. In the case of Virgin America, it seems it pays to book early.
It still sounds like a good deal to me.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH
DLP - 9/98
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: