Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #481
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Thanks Karen.

We normally do Alamo when in Florida but with that discount code, looks like Budget might be the way to go.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #482
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Thanks Karen.

We normally do Alamo when in Florida but with that discount code, looks like Budget might be the way to go.
use either
W810011

or

Y937800...

we love budget, so clean, new and easy..when at WDW we pick up from doubletree @ DTD.....we just hop a bus to DTD and walk...or you can arrange for the shuttle 24hrs in advance to come get you..and its always cheaper getting the car from DTD than from the airport....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #483
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Karen, how far is budget at Cape Canaveral to the port? We have always used National or Alamo but I don't think they have a depot there.

Another question, if we get a shuttle from Port Canaveral to the airport, can we then get the bus to WDW? Problem is there are 7 of us and I don't think all of our luggage will fit in a mini van.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #484
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3
Karen, how far is budget at Cape Canaveral to the port? We have always used National or Alamo but I don't think they have a depot there.

Another question, if we get a shuttle from Port Canaveral to the airport, can we then get the bus to WDW? Problem is there are 7 of us and I don't think all of our luggage will fit in a mini van.
It's about 2 min by shuttle to the port.

If you are staying at wide resort then you can use ME from the airport but it may be cheaper and quicker to get shuttle straight to wdw . I'm sure you can rent a shuttle for cheaper than transfer on dcl bus .... Check out the mouse savers site under wdw transport .
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #485
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited - I booked the Grand Californian hotel today! We will split our stay between this (for our son's birthday) and probably the Fairfield Inn. I never thought we'd ever get to stay in this hotel, as it is so $$$$, but I was able to get a good rate due to gay days.

I have chosen hotels for Denver and Las Vegas too (has anyone stayed at Signature Suites? We were going to stay at the Paris hotel, where we stayed last time, but Signature Suites looks pretty swish!) but I am putting off booking them until I get flights. Oh, I wish the flight specials would come out!

Friends will now be travelling with us - my friend from work and her 2 children aged 13 and 15 (they often babysit my son). Sadly my friend's husband recently died after a short battle with cancer, so they are in need of some cheering up and certainly need something to look forward too! I am now the trip organiser - I just hope she likes everything I have planned!
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #486
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5 View Post
I'm so excited - I booked the Grand Californian hotel today! We will split our stay between this (for our son's birthday) and probably the Fairfield Inn. I never thought we'd ever get to stay in this hotel, as it is so $$$$, but I was able to get a good rate due to gay days.

I have chosen hotels for Denver and Las Vegas too (has anyone stayed at Signature Suites? We were going to stay at the Paris hotel, where we stayed last time, but Signature Suites looks pretty swish!) but I am putting off booking them until I get flights. Oh, I wish the flight specials would come out!

Friends will now be travelling with us - my friend from work and her 2 children aged 13 and 15 (they often babysit my son). Sadly my friend's husband recently died after a short battle with cancer, so they are in need of some cheering up and certainly need something to look forward too! I am now the trip organiser - I just hope she likes everything I have planned!
she'll love it.....enjoy the ride!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #487
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
It's about 2 min by shuttle to the port.

If you are staying at wide resort then you can use ME from the airport but it may be cheaper and quicker to get shuttle straight to wdw . I'm sure you can rent a shuttle for cheaper than transfer on dcl bus .... Check out the mouse savers site under wdw transport .
Thanks Karen. I haven't even started looking at transport yet. Still wanting to book those flights first.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #488
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Thanks Karen. I haven't even started looking at transport yet. Still wanting to book those flights first.
heres a great link to get you started
http://www.mousesavers.com/transport...ney-vacations/

enjoy the chase!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #489
GrazingGoat1966
Mouseketeer

For what it's worth for our trip in September, I finish work here in Perth at 5pm on Fri the 27th Sep, catch the midnight flight for Sydney, a couple of hour layover before the LA flight, a couple of hours before a Vegas flight to pick up the Boss and the DD5, then straight to Orlando to arrive on the Saturday night about 7pm. And on the way back we arrive back in Perth at 3pm Saturday arvo for Monday back at work. I use every available minute of holiday time because it's so few and far between!!
Look out Disney World.....
1997 Dec Disneyland Anaheim and WDW Florida
2006 Sep Disneyland Anaheim
2008 Sep Disneyland Anaheim and WDW Florida
2010 Sep WDW Florida
2013 Sep WDW Florida
2016 Dec WDW Florida (Already planning for the big 5oh)
GrazingGoat1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #490
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5

We were looking at the Signature Suites because that's where our friends were originally going to have their wedding. They look AMAZING!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #491
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
We were looking at the Signature Suites because that's where our friends were originally going to have their wedding. They look AMAZING!
Yeah, it does look like a nice hotel. Good rates too. My only hesitation is that it's not right on the strip, but maybe with 3 kids in tow, that's not such a bad thing?! And I've been told it's pretty close to the shops at Planet Hollywood (which I like to spend some time in ) and I think the monorail runs alongside as well (which I have never used because I have always stayed on the strip).

Where have you booked into?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #492
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5

Yeah, it does look like a nice hotel. Good rates too. My only hesitation is that it's not right on the strip, but maybe with 3 kids in tow, that's not such a bad thing?! And I've been told it's pretty close to the shops at Planet Hollywood (which I like to spend some time in ) and I think the monorail runs alongside as well (which I have never used because I have always stayed on the strip).

Where have you booked into?
They are now getting married at the Platinum Hotel so we'll be off strip (with three kids) too

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #493
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
They are now getting married at the Platinum Hotel so we'll be off strip (with three kids) too
That looks really nice too!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #494
Lewdannie
Mouseketeer

I got very excited on xmas day when I rolled over in bed and saw an e-mail from Qantas titled:

"It's the one you've been waiting for, 2013 Seat Sale on now"...

sadly it was for domestic airfares only...the patient wait continues
Lewdannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #495
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

according to my countdown app on my phone we are at 265 days today. omg. that's practically no time!! (just under 9 months).

and i'm thinking of changing our itinerary yet again.

wow, some of you really do maximise your travel to get the most out of your holidays i have been given explicit instructions that some of our travellers need 'down time' after returning and need 'down time' while on the trip... these crazy, crazy people i'm just planning on packing lots into our trip and they can choose to sit certain events out if they wish

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: