Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #391
battymum
DIS Veteran

Dope him up and put him in economy - he won't wake up until LA!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #392
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Maybe ANZ will have super-dooper, ridiculous special and you can get ANZ PE for $1200pp? Ahhh, wouldn't that be nice?

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #393
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

yeah, are you sure your dh won't take a little codral, a little valium and a big drink of bourbon to help him sleep through economy? virgin does have slightly roomier seats (18.5 inches wide) in economy, vs the standard 17 inches on other carriers

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #394
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506
yeah, are you sure your dh won't take a little codral, a little valium and a big drink of bourbon to help him sleep through economy? virgin does have slightly roomier seats (18.5 inches wide) in economy, vs the standard 17 inches on other carriers
Hey mate, how you feeling??? Better i hope.....as for dh he has changed his mind again, he says if these qantas flights are good in feb he'll go them again in sept....oh god, can i strangle him now, or should i wait til after DL in feb.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #395
cola
Mouseketeer

After so many years together, I'm sure you are entitled to strangle him whenevere you need to.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #396
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

How's everyone doing today?! My morning has not gone off with a bang and started with me grabbing the change tin at work to find that the person before me hadn't locked it. It was raining money, quite literally. Still saving, saving, saving and counting down the days until we book in February :D Alicia has decided to start studying next year, but has assured me she will still be able to afford to come to Disneyland. I'm going to hold her to this as I know how much she really want's to go....and her persistant Disney obsessed friend will be sending her waves of motivation along the way :D

I've been thking more about some special things I can plan for our trip, and have decided to order us gift baskets to be waiting for us in our room when we arrive! Does anyone know if you can still customise these? Or can you now only buy the pre planned ones that are on the website? I'm also looking at ordering us a cake! From what I have heard these can arrive in your room from 4-6pm. Which works in PERFECTLY with my plan to return to the hotel for dessert after our reservations at the Rainforest cafe for dinner. I'm really enjoying planning these special little things that will make our trip all the more special, especially for Alicia

Alicia really wants to go for 18 days, so at the moment our travel dates are looking something like 28.10.13-15.11.13. We are now trying to hit two birds with one stone and get Halloween and Christmas in the one trip. I'm not too sure what the predicted dates for Christmas are next year, or what the plan is for having a christmas party to see all of the seasonal entertainment. But if we were able to catch the Christmas parade, and the characters in their cosumes that would be icing on the cake!!

We are thinking of travelling to Six Flags for the day, but are debating how to get there. We have decided that neither of us want's to drive, so are getting around by bus tours and taxi's. Has anyone used a tour company to get to Six Flags from Anaheim before? I am also interested in looking into "personal drivers" (that's the only thing I can think to call them at the moment, haha!) That will pick you up and drop you at your destination and then pick you up again and take you home...does this even exist???

Hope everyone's having fun planning their trips.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #397
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl View Post
How's everyone doing today?! My morning has not gone off with a bang and started with me grabbing the change tin at work to find that the person before me hadn't locked it. It was raining money, quite literally. Still saving, saving, saving and counting down the days until we book in February :D Alicia has decided to start studying next year, but has assured me she will still be able to afford to come to Disneyland. I'm going to hold her to this as I know how much she really want's to go....and her persistant Disney obsessed friend will be sending her waves of motivation along the way :D

I've been thking more about some special things I can plan for our trip, and have decided to order us gift baskets to be waiting for us in our room when we arrive! Does anyone know if you can still customise these? Or can you now only buy the pre planned ones that are on the website? I'm also looking at ordering us a cake! From what I have heard these can arrive in your room from 4-6pm. Which works in PERFECTLY with my plan to return to the hotel for dessert after our reservations at the Rainforest cafe for dinner. I'm really enjoying planning these special little things that will make our trip all the more special, especially for Alicia

Alicia really wants to go for 18 days, so at the moment our travel dates are looking something like 28.10.13-15.11.13. We are now trying to hit two birds with one stone and get Halloween and Christmas in the one trip. I'm not too sure what the predicted dates for Christmas are next year, or what the plan is for having a christmas party to see all of the seasonal entertainment. But if we were able to catch the Christmas parade, and the characters in their cosumes that would be icing on the cake!!

We are thinking of travelling to Six Flags for the day, but are debating how to get there. We have decided that neither of us want's to drive, so are getting around by bus tours and taxi's. Has anyone used a tour company to get to Six Flags from Anaheim before? I am also interested in looking into "personal drivers" (that's the only thing I can think to call them at the moment, haha!) That will pick you up and drop you at your destination and then pick you up again and take you home...does this even exist???

Hope everyone's having fun planning their trips.
hey..just a quick word re 6 flags.....they say that at sometimes of the year that there is gang activity and security isnt too crash hot...so just be aware that it isnt "disney"....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #398
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Everytime you mentioned alicia i thought you were preparing the most awesome surprise for me :rofl:

I think doing halloween + xmas is a great idea and cake is a lovely idea. I have seen pics. The cakes are a regular large round cake size that a family of 4 would eat over several days... Just make sure you are prepared to eat cake for the better part of a week

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #399
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

Kiwimousegirl, we had a driver last year who took us on a day trip to all of the touristy places around LA etc, and some not so touristy as well. He was brilliant. He also does transfers, and will take you to/from just about anywhere. Not sure what he would charge, but let me know if you want his contact info.
aussie shaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #400
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie shaz View Post
Kiwimousegirl, we had a driver last year who took us on a day trip to all of the touristy places around LA etc, and some not so touristy as well. He was brilliant. He also does transfers, and will take you to/from just about anywhere. Not sure what he would charge, but let me know if you want his contact info.
can i grab his number..we are in la feb 2013.....OMG less than 2 months away.....thanks mate.... as long he doesnt try to sell us home mortgages like this poor schmuck http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3029366

i just wanted to include this link for maximum exposure....yes, i am one of the original mean girls
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #401
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Everytime you mentioned alicia i thought you were preparing the most awesome surprise for me :rofl:

I think doing halloween + xmas is a great idea and cake is a lovely idea. I have seen pics. The cakes are a regular large round cake size that a family of 4 would eat over several days... Just make sure you are prepared to eat cake for the better part of a week
Everytime I re-read it it sounded like I was talking about you, haha! Hopefully we are able to catch the parade and fireworks, that would be amazing! I thought the cakes looked absoultely adorable and delicious!! Even the smallest one (I think it's 6 inches??) looks wwaayy to big for the two of us. We would quite literally be, as you mentioned, eating cake for a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie shaz View Post
Ooh yes that would be amazing! Thankyou!! I think that along with six flags, we might also do Halloween Horror Night at Universal studios, which means we couldn't catch a bus tour as we would be leaving later :/ Hopefully he is able to help us!!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #402
australiankaren

ok so slow day at work today

so will try and sort my sept trip...as DH has changed it so many times i don't know whether I'm Minnie or daisy

at least i know what day we are flying out.....but to where??? lax or DFW....and who do we fly??/ANZ for $$$$$$$, delta for $ with a chance of upgrade back in business or qantas $ exit row A380........and if its qantas do we do the 15 hrs of hell to DFW????

Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #403
australiankaren

still thinking........

Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #404
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
so will try and sort my sept trip...as DH has changed it so many times i don't know whether I'm Minnie or daisy

at least i know what day we are flying out.....but to where??? lax or DFW....and who do we fly??/ANZ for $$$$$$$, delta for $ with a chance of upgrade back in business or qantas $ exit row A380........and if its qantas do we do the 15 hrs of hell to DFW????

The one and only time i've ever flown, has been with Air New Zealand. We flew with them because it was part of a package deal including accomodation. The food I personally thought was pretty good for "plane" food (not that I had any expectations) but the eggs for breakfast were . Alicia and I are planning on getting what my travel agent described as a "loveseat" where we will book 2 seats and be seated in a row of 3 and pay extra for the 3rd seat. OR a skycouch thingy where the foot rest actually folds up into a bed, which I REALLY like the idea of as I just cannot sleep upright!

I can't comment on Quantas, but the deal that our travel agent has given us as an example is flying with them. Are there some horror stories I need to be made aware of
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #405
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Just having a senior moment and can't remember when Disney release their Sept discounts. Can anyone remember when free dining and percent off generally comes out for September?
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: