Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

I checked in with Tracey, who can't say whether Sayhello or nmoore14 are likely to be switched to main dining. I had the feeling she wasn't hopeful.

I can submit the full list, and hope the two of you get to join us, we can put out the call for any late diners looking for tablemates, or maybe Tracey can specially link the two of you, so at least you're dining together if you can't be switched to main dining.

Let me know what you think.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
I checked in with Tracey, who can't say whether Sayhello or nmoore14 are likely to be switched to main dining. I had the feeling she wasn't hopeful.

I can submit the full list, and hope the two of you get to join us, we can put out the call for any late diners looking for tablemates, or maybe Tracey can specially link the two of you, so at least you're dining together if you can't be switched to main dining.

Let me know what you think.

Kathy
Kathy, I'm really hoping to get Main dining; second seating is really too late for me to be eating (or too close to bedtime to be exact. My stomach is not as young as it used to be... ) So I'm planning to run to wherever you can change dining when you first board if I don't get main dining before then. I'm hoping if you have a table with one or two people missing, and we're linked, they'll take pity on me...

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Kathy, I'm really hoping to get Main dining; second seating is really too late for me to be eating (or too close to bedtime to be exact. My stomach is not as young as it used to be... ) So I'm planning to run to wherever you can change dining when you first board if I don't get main dining before then. I'm hoping if you have a table with one or two people missing, and we're linked, they'll take pity on me...

Sayhello
Great! I will ask Tracey to link you with the rest of the group, and hope for the best.

Kathy

Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
rkdahl
Mouseketeer

Thanks Kathy for arranging this! Looking forward to all of us dining together! Thanks!

Keith
rkdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Great! I will ask Tracey to link you with the rest of the group, and hope for the best.

Kathy
Thanks, Kathy!

Sayhello
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #21
nmoore14
Is there life outside of Disney? If so, I don't want to know about it.

Quote:

Sayhello
I think this is a great idea. I will also check when I first get on board to see if I can change to main dining. If there is still room at the table, can I join your group Kathy? Maybe they will take pity on me to being a solo traveler..
nmoore14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore14 View Post
I think this is a great idea. I will also check when I first get on board to see if I can change to main dining. If there is still room at the table, can I join your group Kathy? Maybe they will take pity on me to being a solo traveler..
Hey, as far as I'm concerned you are already part of our group! Of course, we're all at DCL's mercy.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Our dining group is up to 14 people. Ann and Albert (Bilbo UK and Frodo UK) have joined us. I refuse to believe that our two waitlisted members won't get switched to main dining. Positive thinking and all that.

I don't know that DCL has a table large enough for all of us, so we may be split up. It should be a lot of fun no matter what.

I think we should cap our group at 14. I would hope we could be handled at no more than two tables that way.

If any of you haven't completed your online registration yet, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll send the list to Tracey at Dreams by the end of this coming week.

Do we want a brief meet on the first day before dinner?

Kathy

Old 09-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Our dining group is up to 14 people. Ann and Albert (Bilbo UK and Frodo UK) have joined us. I refuse to believe that our two waitlisted members won't get switched to main dining. Positive thinking and all that.

I don't know that DCL has a table large enough for all of us, so we may be split up. It should be a lot of fun no matter what.

I think we should cap our group at 14. I would hope we could be handled at no more than two tables that way.

If any of you haven't completed your online registration yet, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll send the list to Tracey at Dreams by the end of this coming week.

Kathy
Well, the fun thing is, since we'll all be linked, we could shuffle around from night to night and get a chance to eat with everyone! I'm sure they wouldn't care who sits at which table.

Sayhello
Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

I thought of that as well. We'd have to have the same serving team, I think. Also, I think the team would have to be experienced, or they couldn't handle it.

On our last cruise we sat next to different people every night, and couples didn't sit together. That was fun too.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
KarenMom
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to meet all of you! For the two of you waiting to move to main dining, keep checking the DCL website. I was originally waitlisted for main dining and got it! I didn't get notified, it just changed on the website.
KarenMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #27
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMom View Post
Can't wait to meet all of you! For the two of you waiting to move to main dining, keep checking the DCL website. I was originally waitlisted for main dining and got it! I didn't get notified, it just changed on the website.
THANK YOU!!! I just checked my reservation, and I *HAVE* been moved to Main Dining!!! Oh, yay!

So glad that's all settled! I'm officially "in"! Can't wait to meet you (and everyone!) too!

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 09-22-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Kathy
I think 14 is a good number for the reasons you list. And I think a meet before dinner would be lovely. We could meet up somewhere, maybe get a drink, then head over to wherever we're dining together.

YAY! Your positive thinking worked!

Sayhello
Old 09-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #29
KarenMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
THANK YOU!!! I just checked my reservation, and I *HAVE* been moved to Main Dining!!! Oh, yay!

So glad that's all settled! I'm officially "in"! Can't wait to meet you (and everyone!) too!

Sayhello
Yeah! I'm so glad you were able to switch. Now we just need nmoore14 to get switched to main dining and our group is set.

We won't have a lot of time to meet before dinner with the muster drill and sail away party, but i think we should have time for a quick get together.

Karen
KarenMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
nmoore14
Is there life outside of Disney? If so, I don't want to know about it.

I found out tonight that I have been moved to main dining! I am so happy I will be able to join other Disers for dinner. For PCC 3.0, I sat with a family who had no idea what the DIS was! I look forward to meeting everyone on the cruise and sharing dinner with I know will be wonderful company!
nmoore14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: