Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #91
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
Your meal looks WONDERFUL! Maybe I will sneak in for some snacks before I head over to my party No one will notice if I'm wearing my dress right?!

Everything looks great! I know that there was probably a lot of sticker shock, but it really looks like you are getting a lot of bang for your buck!

I can't wait to see how everything comes together!
By the time your ceremony is over, we'll be on our way to our dessert party- we're just a hop skip and a jump away from there, so go eat everything that is left!! :-) Getting close to the 200 day mark, Sarah!
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #92
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

I bought a dress!!

Not putting it on here in fear that Nick stumbles over, but you can PM me if you want a pic.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #93
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
I bought a dress!!

Not putting it on here in fear that Nick stumbles over, but you can PM me if you want a pic.
Oh my gosh! How exciting! I want to see! I totally agree, don't put it on a public forum
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #94
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Thank you for posting your BEO, it really does help a lot. Even though you're having more guests, I feel like, if we end up with approximately the same amount per person as you, then we'll actually come out right around where we want to be. It may be muddled thinking, but it makes sense to me.

So exciting that you found your dress!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #95
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I tried to comment on your dress on Facebook but every times tried to, my phone would lock up! You looked so pretty!!! Was it different than what you planned on? The dress I picked was so different than what I thought I wanted.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #96
Tink2182014
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for posting your BEO. It's so helpful as I plan my 125 person wedding at the same venues!
I also loved your wording in your STD and hope you don't mind I took some sentences!
Tink2182014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #97
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Thank you for posting your BEO, it really does help a lot. Even though you're having more guests, I feel like, if we end up with approximately the same amount per person as you, then we'll actually come out right around where we want to be. It may be muddled thinking, but it makes sense to me.

So exciting that you found your dress!
That totally makes sense in my head too! I just read your PJ- such cool ideas. I love the multicolored idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I tried to comment on your dress on Facebook but every times tried to, my phone would lock up! You looked so pretty!!! Was it different than what you planned on? The dress I picked was so different than what I thought I wanted.
Thank you! It was totally different than what I planned on. I don't love lace, so that was different, and I expected to have more of a ball gown. It wasn't on my list of dresses to try on, but she brought it out and I couldn't get over how much better it looked on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2182014 View Post
Thank you so much for posting your BEO. It's so helpful as I plan my 125 person wedding at the same venues!
I also loved your wording in your STD and hope you don't mind I took some sentences!
Glad it could help! Feel free to steal anything you want- I stole so much from other Disbrides that the wedding is hardly my own!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #98
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That totally makes sense in my head too! I just read your PJ- such cool ideas. I love the multicolored idea!
Oh, thanks! I'm going to update as soon as I get all caught up.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #99
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

This just in...

We have changed pretty much the whole wedding! Moved to a 7:30 ceremony, our Illuminations party is now our cocktail hour, and we are having our reception in the American Adventure Rotunda. Switching from buffet to plated. Aaaah crazy times 5 months before the wedding.

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 04-07-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #100
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This just in...

We have changed pretty much the whole wedding! Moved to a 7:30 ceremony, our Illuminations party is now our cocktail hour, and we are having our reception in the American Adventure Rotunda. Switching from buffet to plated. Aaaah crazy times 5 months before the wedding.
Amazing!! What made you change everything???? I LOVE the AAR! I can't wait to see your photos. I can't wait to hear the story behind your changes. Will it change your BEO a lot?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This just in...

That's exactly what we are having 6/14, can't wait to see your next update!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #102
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This just in...

Saw this over on FB. Excellent news! Congratulations! It may be more work for the next couple months but you are going to so much happier looking back knowing that you didn't compromise on your dream location! It's going to be breathtakingly beautiful!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #103
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeesings View Post
Amazing!! What made you change everything???? I LOVE the AAR! I can't wait to see your photos. I can't wait to hear the story behind your changes. Will it change your BEO a lot?
Well, on Tuesday the announcement was made that DFTW will now let outside photographers into in park events, which makes it a lot more affordable. AAR has always been my dream location, and this kind of pushed it over the edge. I think we'll come out about even (or maybe a little under) because we were just about to add a Soarin ride mix in, which won't happen now. We'll be losing about 4k worth of desserts from the dessert party (since we'll be doing cocktail hour now), so that definitely helps balance things out. The venue rental fee is more and we'll need some more decorations and transportation. Funny thing is, we sent our invitations to be printed Tuesday morning at Michael's. When I saw the announcement, I called and told them HOLD THE PRESS! lol while it got all sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariapicardikenyon View Post
That's exactly what we are having 6/14, can't wait to see your next update!
Oooooh I can't wait to see pictures! Do you mind telling me what you're doing decoration wise in AAR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Saw this over on FB. Excellent news! Congratulations! It may be more work for the next couple months but you are going to so much happier looking back knowing that you didn't compromise on your dream location! It's going to be breathtakingly beautiful!
Thanks! I agree!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #104
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well, on Tuesday the announcement was made that DFTW will now let outside photographers into in park events, which makes it a lot more affordable. AAR has always been my dream location, and this kind of pushed it over the edge. I think we'll come out about even (or maybe a little under) because we were just about to add a Soarin ride mix in, which won't happen now. We'll be losing about 4k worth of desserts from the dessert party (since we'll be doing cocktail hour now), so that definitely helps balance things out. The venue rental fee is more and we'll need some more decorations and transportation. Funny thing is, we sent our invitations to be printed Tuesday morning at Michael's. When I saw the announcement, I called and told them HOLD THE PRESS! lol while it got all sorted out.

Oooooh I can't wait to see pictures! Do you mind telling me what you're doing decoration wise in AAR?

Thanks! I agree!
Hi. I think you misunderstood. Our date hopefully will be 6/28/14 so it's a bit of time. Getting great ideas from these boards! Looking forward to your posts!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #105
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Subbing to your thread....looking forward to hearing all the changes! AAR is BEAUTIFUL!

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: