Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #1426
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
So the moral of the story is....if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

My last post got me to thinking....I wonder what would happen if I logged in to my Insiders account through Alamo.ca rather than Alamo.com (which is the site I usually use).

So...I log in to Alamo.ca, and begin the check-in process. Then I add payment information. Then.......voila! I get my bypass ticket and confirmation that payment and additional driver information were both added successfully!

It will be right to the garage for us after all! Whoop, whoop!

(Yup, I know....its the small things that make me so happy )

Our final price for an 8 day rental of a standard SUV, including taxes and fees, was $285.
Make me happy and tell me you printed this out, also, again have a GREAT time.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #1427
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Woo hoo!!! Alamo rate just dropped!!! $146.93 - 9 days to go!! Anything else now is just icing on the cake!!!!
Down to $142.61 now
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1428
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Make me happy and tell me you printed this out, also, again have a GREAT time.
Yes ma'am, I did . And thank you so much .

We just checked in for our flight tomorrow, and upgraded to Even More Space seats with JetBlue....a first for us! We leave in 51 minutes.....so excited!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #1429
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
You have a GREAT time. I am going to miss your posts.
Ah, I will still be kicking around the boards somewhere . I might even do another trip report......assuming I have enough interesting stuff to share from our travels .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #1430
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Can't believe some of our "go-to" posters have left for their vacations. Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Currently, Alamo has their minivan price for our dates within $2 of the lowest price I've seen (which was that dip that only last a few hours).

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #1431
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I'm still hanging in and price checking!! I still have 7 days for that price to drop some more
Old 08-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #1432
FoxberryJam
Mouseketeer

Got to the Alamo fullsize aisle around 11pm last night. Walking down the front half of the aisle, hardly any cars...an Impala and an Avenger. I was going to just grab that Impala, but decided to walk further down to the far portion of the aisle. I found, parked bumper to bumper across the parking lines, a cornucopia of sedans, wagons, small SUVs, full size SUVs, minivans, etc. I grabbed a Pathfinder, as it was at the front of the bumper to bumper line of cars. Make sure you walk the whole aisle, dont just grab the first vehicle you can get your hands on!
FoxberryJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #1433
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxberryJam View Post
Got to the Alamo fullsize aisle around 11pm last night. Walking down the front half of the aisle, hardly any cars...an Impala and an Avenger. I was going to just grab that Impala, but decided to walk further down to the far portion of the aisle. I found, parked bumper to bumper across the parking lines, a cornucopia of sedans, wagons, small SUVs, full size SUVs, minivans, etc. I grabbed a Pathfinder, as it was at the front of the bumper to bumper line of cars. Make sure you walk the whole aisle, dont just grab the first vehicle you can get your hands on!
Thank you for the report and suggestion! Nice to score a Pathfinder.

Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1434
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
I'm still hanging in and price checking!! I still have 7 days for that price to drop some more
Same here!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #1435
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Thank you Alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from Port Canaveral to Disney Car Care Center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, I checked one more time and it was FINALLY down from $189 to $77!!!

We fly out late tonight so I am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and I wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina
Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #1436
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Thank you Alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from Port Canaveral to Disney Car Care Center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, I checked one more time and it was FINALLY down from $189 to $77!!!

We fly out late tonight so I am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and I wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina
WOW!!!! Awesome! Safe travels & best wishes to you also.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #1437
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxberryJam View Post
If you see them parked bumper to bumper they are what they call overflow. You are not supposed to take them. They are waiting to be assigned to the proper rows and a Pathfinder is NOT a full size car. Look above you, the signs will tell you if you are in the correct row. In this case, this renter was NOT in full size.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #1438
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
Thank you for the report and suggestion! Nice to score a Pathfinder.
It was not a good score and I am surprised the exit agent did not say something or change the price. Bumper to bumper parked cars are not fair game. They are overflow waiting to be parked in the appropriate parking areas. Yes, it was a cornicopia, which would tell you that something was a bit different. Usually they have an attendant there, but, apparently they did not at this time.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #1439
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Thank you alamo!!! Our one-way 3 day rental from port canaveral to disney car care center had not budged one single penny in over 3 months but last night, i checked one more time and it was finally down from $189 to $77!!!

We fly out late tonight so i am signing off for now.

Safe travels to you all and i wish the most magical vacation ever!

Gina
awesome!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #1440
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

My Alamo rental dropped another $1 today at this point my husband is laughing at how excited this makes me. However our rental started at $225 and we are now sitting at $141- we have 7 days until arrival

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: