Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #1366
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Mine start 8-30-- maybe there is still hope of dropping more
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #1367
DISNEYGAMMIE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Mine start 8-30-- maybe there is still hope of dropping more
I check once or twice a day and earlier today the prices were outrageous!

So, as soon as you see someone post here go check right away!
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #1368
travelalot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingLikeC View Post
Has anyone posted the United Mileage Plus coupon? I'm already a member, but I have no idea what the code is...please help...
It should be on here: http://www.rentalcodes.com/airline_miles.html
travelalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #1369
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYGAMMIE View Post
Yeah! Thank you for the heads up Gina I just checked my rates again 8 days standard and saved $50.00!!! Total is now $140.84
You're welcome!!! And woohoo on the price drop!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
What are your dates?
Mine are August 23rd to 31st.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #1370
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Mine are August 23rd to 31st.
Gina, I guess you might want to go with the slightly larger (?) SUV, but did you see that Intermediate SUV (Ford Escape/similar) is $167/$239 for your dates at Budget?
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #1371
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Gina, I guess you might want to go with the slightly larger (?) SUV, but did you see that Intermediate SUV (Ford Escape/similar) is $167/$239 for your dates at Budget?
Thanks rich . We really don't need the standard SUV (a midsize would have been perfectly suitable) but the standard, up until a week ago, was way cheaper with Alamo than the midsize . After a bad Budget experience over Christmas (we were assigned a beat up, high mileage Ford Edge that had been smoked in and the cleaner/deoderizer gave our son an allergic reaction every time we drove somewhere), we would rather avoid Budget this time around and have the ability to pick a vehicle that has been less abused and smells better.

The Edge in December was so bad that the staff at the Budget at MCO must have looked up the vehicle after we took the online satisfaction survey that we received after we returned home. The manager actually contacted me after receiving the survey with a profuse apology to say they had reviewed our comments, identified that the vehicle was not up to their customary standards, and had subsequently retired said vehicle from their fleet. I thought the follow up was good customer service (and we were relieved that no one else would be subjected to that hunk of junk) we are sadly once bitten, twice shy. Alamo has given us good experiences so far, so its a favourite of DH's.

It was thoughtful of you to look up a more cost effective option for us, though!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 08-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #1372
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Edge in December was so bad that the staff at the Budget at MCO must have looked up the vehicle after we took the online satisfaction survey that we received after we returned home. The manager actually contacted me after receiving the survey with a profuse apology to say they had reviewed our comments, identified that the vehicle was not up to their customary standards, and had subsequently retired said vehicle from their fleet. I thought the follow up was good customer service (and we were relieved that no one else would be subjected to that hunk of junk) we are sadly once bitten, twice shy.
Wow, that brings up another difference between Budget and Alamo. Alamo would have also given you a credit on that rental or a future. In fact, if it had been Alamo and you mentioned it upon returning the car, they likely would have credited you on the spot. That has happened to me with Alamo three times: once I mentioned the fuel tank wasn't quite full -- they gave me an immediate $25 credit. Another time I mentioned that they should look at a tire because I had to put some air in it a couple times. I wasn't looking for anything, just wanted them to know about it. The agent checking me in gave me an immediate $30 credit. And the last time happened on my rental this month. I had a problem where my rate at checkin didn't match my confirmation rate. They not only made up the difference, but credited me another $20 or so for my "trouble". Very nice customer service from Alamo.

And I remember when Alamo was the most hated rental agency in Orlando. I'm going back to the days before they were onsite and had the "world's largest rental facility" offsite. Nightmarish lines there... Times have changed.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #1373
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, that brings up another difference between Budget and Alamo. Alamo would have also given you a credit on that rental or a future. In fact, if it had been Alamo and you mentioned it upon returning the car, they likely would have credited you on the spot. That has happened to me with Alamo three times: once I mentioned the fuel tank wasn't quite full -- they gave me an immediate $25 credit. Another time I mentioned that they should look at a tire because I had to put some air in it a couple times. I wasn't looking for anything, just wanted them to know about it. The agent checking me in gave me an immediate $30 credit. And the last time happened on my rental this month. I had a problem where my rate at checkin didn't match my confirmation rate. They not only made up the difference, but credited me another $20 or so for my "trouble". Very nice customer service from Alamo.

And I remember when Alamo was the most hated rental agency in Orlando. I'm going back to the days before they were onsite and had the "world's largest rental facility" offsite. Nightmarish lines there... Times have changed.
We've had great rentals from Alamo so far. Our only complaint has been the long lines at the counter, but we are hoping to improve on that for this rental by doing the online check-in and using the kiosk.

I had no idea they used to be offsite. I just learned something new today .

Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #1374
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I remember those days well, Rich. Back when it was owned by Vanguard and the owner's before them. They were horrible. Things began to change for the "much better" when Enterprise bought them.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #1375
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've had great rentals from Alamo so far. Our only complaint has been the long lines at the counter, but we are hoping to improve on that for this rental by doing the online check-in and using the kiosk.

Yep, they used to be on Narcoose (sp) road.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1376
jrw118
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I was told that if you do online check in you do not need to use the kiosk. Just bring paperwork to the garage.
Aug 23-Aug 29 2012 AKV Kidani Savanna
Aug 21- Aug 27 2013 Beach Club
jrw118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #1377
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw118 View Post
I was told that if you do online check in you do not need to use the kiosk. Just bring paperwork to the garage.
And THAT would be even better!!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1378
abbygirl
Earning My Ears

Hi just a question if you could help what codes did you use to receive this price on a suv from budget thanks
abbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #1379
abbygirl
Earning My Ears

question

Quote:
Hi just a question if you could help what codes did you use to receive this price on a suv from budget thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #1380
abbygirl
Earning My Ears

question

I always have a hard time checking prices with Alamo I am a member but I usually rent elsewhere because it is difficult checking prices using codes and coupons. Do others have troubles or is it me thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: