Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #121
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
Not much better if you ask me, since it's for Compass Group and I don't work for them...
I just used the Compass Group code and no questions were asked at the exit booth. No questions are asked about the KLM codes either, it is a frequent flier code.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #122
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
Dont blame you...I would stick to what I was comfortable with too! Hope you get the price your looking for and have a great trip. So do you stay off site is that why you rent the car? We only use it for one day to do shopping and then if we go on a cruise we use it to drive there and drive back. We did stay off last year in May and that is when I got 8 days for $102. I have only ever had problems with Dollar and would never use them but I am sure other people have never had problems with them...sometimes I think it is just who you get at the counter!

When we stay at WDW, we stay on site. This year I booked 4 nights at the cabins on the Wilderness Campground as my sister will be staying with us a few nights - so we needed room for 3 adults and 2 children. We always rent a car because we combine our theme park activities with a visit to family (sister and mom) who reside in Daytona and New Smyrna, and also rent a house or condo for some time at the beach. This year will be the same, with a longer stay. We arrive and depart from MCO, but our trip is kind of "split", as in MCO to NSB for 4 days, then to Orlando/WDW for 5 days, then back to NSB for 4 more days. With that in mind, I am unable to rent a car from the Daytona Airport or the car care center on the WDW site. We don't go to WDW every year - on off years we go to Universal, Seaworld, the springs, Tampa, Miami, etc. A car comes in handy so we don't have to borrow one from family

Perhaps I will try the KLM code after I join that site. We used the kiosk last year and bypassed the counter, and did not pay a cent more than the $159.53 for a 9 day rental. We rented a "fullsize" car but drove off in a Cadillac for the same price. The codes I used last year was a BJ's code (supposedly 25% or so off) and an AA Valley offer code for $35 off. And I am an "Alamo Insider", so I booked with that also.
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #123
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
When we stay at WDW, we stay on site. This year I booked 4 nights at the cabins on the Wilderness Campground as my sister will be staying with us a few nights - so we needed room for 3 adults and 2 children. We always rent a car because we combine our theme park activities with a visit to family (sister and mom) who reside in Daytona and New Smyrna, and also rent a house or condo for some time at the beach. This year will be the same, with a longer stay. We arrive and depart from MCO, but our trip is kind of "split", as in MCO to NSB for 4 days, then to Orlando/WDW for 5 days, then back to NSB for 4 more days. With that in mind, I am unable to rent a car from the Daytona Airport or the car care center on the WDW site. We don't go to WDW every year - on off years we go to Universal, Seaworld, the springs, Tampa, Miami, etc. A car comes in handy so we don't have to borrow one from family

Perhaps I will try the KLM code after I join that site. We used the kiosk last year and bypassed the counter, and did not pay a cent more than the $159.53 for a 9 day rental. We rented a "fullsize" car but drove off in a Cadillac for the same price. The codes I used last year was a BJ's code (supposedly 25% or so off) and an AA Valley offer code for $35 off. And I am an "Alamo Insider", so I booked with that also.
WOW...you need a vacation after all that!! Good Luck with your planning!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #124
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I just used the Compass Group code and no questions were asked at the exit booth. No questions are asked about the KLM codes either, it is a frequent flier code.
That's very comforting feedback. The difference between my Alamo/Vroom Vroom rate and the National/KLM Flying Blue rate was minimal.......$233 vs. $255.....so I am totally happy to stick with the National reservation. $22 is not a bad price to pay for peace of mind. And who knows? Maybe the rental Gods will smile on me and it will go even lower before the end of August.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #125
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
That's very comforting feedback. The difference between my Alamo/Vroom Vroom rate and the National/KLM Flying Blue rate was minimal.......$233 vs. $255.....so I am totally happy to stick with the National reservation. $22 is not a bad price to pay for peace of mind. And who knows? Maybe the rental Gods will smile on me and it will go even lower before the end of August.
Oh, I will bet it will drop a bit more. End of August means things slow down, all the little kids are back in school in a lot of states here.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #126
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Oh, and I hate to break it to everyone...but the vroom code doesn't include the insurance. It's additional when you go to preregister and pay.
Insurance has never been included in any of my rentals ever. We are covered well by our credit card and our regular insurance policy. Most people are, but it does require calling and looking into what your coverage is.
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #127
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Just subscribing. Booked from Tampa Alamo at the vroom vroom rate for 300, and I have a backup with Payless for 260. Id really like to do MUCH better than this. Just has a rental I returned yesterday at MCO for 150 for 9 days (alamo). Sigh. Ill keep on checking!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #128
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post
Just subscribing. Booked from Tampa Alamo at the vroom vroom rate for 300, and I have a backup with Payless for 260. Id really like to do MUCH better than this. Just has a rental I returned yesterday at MCO for 150 for 9 days (alamo). Sigh. Ill keep on checking!
Have you tried your dates and times with National using the KLM Flying Blue discount? Might be worth comparing against the two quotes you have now.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #129
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Also needing a car rental for first week of August, but for Disneyland. I have booked Alamo already, just in case it goes up, got an OK rate, I think around $350(we will be renting from San Diego airport taking back to LAX), but would love something cheaper!!!
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #130
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Have you tried your dates and times with National using the KLM Flying Blue discount? Might be worth comparing against the two quotes you have now.
I did check earlier (and just rechecked now), but with the KLM code its running about 360 for my dates (8/15 to 8/24). There are no national coupons out currently that I can find that extend into August.

Im sure it will go down. Heck, this one I just got for 150 started out at 330!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #131
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Priceline at the last minute is looking better and better.
pigletto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #132
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post

If you can post the size car you have for the prices listed it would help others, also dates
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #133
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Thank you for this info, gmeh1. My rate for a standard car from National drops from $998 using codes from BJ's () to $388.23 () using the KLM code and a $30 off coupon from BJ's. I will not by flying to FL on "Royal Dutch Airlines", but I will sign up on their website in case that matters. Is it possible to use a kiosk to check out the car with National at MCO? We did this last year at MCO and it was so easy. Does National work similar?

Last edited by MrsDoubtfire; 04-24-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added info
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #134
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
Thank you for this info, gmeh1. My rate for a standard car from National drops from $998 using codes from BJ's () to $388.23 () using the KLM code and a $30 off coupon from BJ's. I will not by flying to FL on "Royal Dutch Airlines", but I will sign up on their website in case that matters. Is it possible to use a kiosk to check out the car with National at MCO? We did this last year at MCO and it was so easy. Does National work similar?
If you are an Emerald Club member, you go straight to the garage and select your car. BTW, if you are not a member, join, it is free and then make a reservation via the Emerald Club log in for midsize and then you can select from the Emerald Aisle. you are guaranteed a mid size and often will get something larger and perhaps save some money also. You can also join and reserve a standard car (you would select from the full size cars as they don't have a standard row" and just go to the garage and select your car. Saves a ton of time.

To be totally honest, I do not remember if National has kiosks or not.

Last edited by gmeh1; 04-25-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #135
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

Looking to book a Minivan in Fort Lauderdale from Sept 23-Oct 7th. I have seen numerous people mention codes but I can't find them anywhere. So far the cheapest rate I have found is with advantage for $607 all in. Can't find any coupon codes to lower the price.
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: