Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #61
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Yay Gina!!
My grand total is $261.71 for 9 days This is for a standard car (I used a coupon on Alamos site for one car class upgrade. I can live with this.

I LOVE using Alamo and was disappointed to not be able to last trip. There is nothing better than just waltzing up to the self serve kiosk, picking your own car, and leaving. It's easy and so much faster than many of the other places
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #62
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriL View Post
Yes..if anyone knows if you need to be a member or where this code originates from...because I just saved $420.49 on a 2 week rental in August...also used a coupon from BJ's for a midsize to standard upgrade!! Was $822.32....now $401.83!! Hope it's legit...
Kerri
From the research I did, the code comes from the VroomVroom website and a google search pulls up many Disboards posts of people who used it. Several mentioned you can book through the actual website (which is essentially a middle man between you and the car rental companies, OR just use the code yourself which is what most people did.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #63
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
From the research I did, the code comes from the VroomVroom website and a google search pulls up many Disboards posts of people who used it. Several mentioned you can book through the actual website (which is essentially a middle man between you and the car rental companies, OR just use the code yourself which is what most people did.
Thanks! Glad it was used successfully! I'll find out in August

Disney Magic August 1998, September 2000, July 2003 & December 2008
Disney Wonder September 1999
Disney Fantasy April 2014
KerriL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #64
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Glad it was used successfully! I'll find out in August
I don't use anything that's really questionable and I feel comfortable with it from the posts I read. Also gmeh1 that answered on the last page worked for Alamo for years until recently and if they say it's ok I am sure it is.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #65
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay Gina!!
My grand total is $261.71 for 9 days This is for a standard car (I used a coupon on Alamos site for one car class upgrade. I can live with this.

I LOVE using Alamo and was disappointed to not be able to last trip. There is nothing better than just waltzing up to the self serve kiosk, picking your own car, and leaving. It's easy and so much faster than many of the other places
That's a great rate! (particularly this early in the game)

We like Alamo too...our first two trips in 2012, we used Alamo and loved being able to pick our vehicle. We used Budget for our Christmas vacation and hated just being assigned something (not to mention, the SUV we got was awful ). LOL, I like to have "choice". Yep, I have control issues .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #66
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't use anything that's really questionable and I feel comfortable with it from the posts I read. Also gmeh1 that answered on the last page worked for Alamo for years until recently and if they say it's ok I am sure it is.
pigletto......tried sending you another PM but I'm getting a message saying your storage is full.

I have a $15 off from the Entertainment Book that I can send you (and there's no maximum to the number of days to your rental like the other coupon code). I will drop the hard copy in the mail but I can PM you with the code too, once you clear out a few old messages from your inbox and free up some space.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #67
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Thank you Gina. I used an upgrade coupon that works out to about the same so don't worry about sending the coupon. I really appreciate the offer though

I already did the online check in and my reservation confirmation says I reserved a Standard, but the online check in confirmation says I reserved a midsize. I am now wondering if I shouldn't have done the online check in because of the upgrade coupon?
I'll call tomorrow to make sure.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #68
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Ok I called Alamo quickly. It is showing as a midsize because I can't apply a coupon if I want to do online check in. So she said I still have a standard car reserved but I need to use the counter or the kiosk. That is fine. As long as it's still showing the upgrade to standard I don't mind using the kiosk.
Just keep that in mind everyone who is using a coupon with Alamo.. you have to go to the counter or the kiosk (which is super fast) because coupons won't apply if you go use online check in.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #69
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just keep that in mind everyone who is using a coupon with Alamo.. you have to go to the counter or the kiosk (which is super fast) because coupons won't apply if you go use online check in.
Good to know. I have used the counter on both previous Alamo rentals, but maybe this time I will try the kiosk....just for fun .

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #70
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Good to know. I have used the counter on both previous Alamo rentals, but maybe this time I will try the kiosk....just for fun .
The kiosk makes you feel like you are getting away with something. I mean, there's 15 people lined up at the counter and I just saunter up to the kiosk, push a few buttons and off I go! I felt like any minute a message would come on the screen that said "Just kidding.. get in the line sucker!"
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #71
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Yeah! I used the vroom vroom code and coupon code AD2338FDF (30.00 off) and got a midsize SUV for $326 USD from Aug 19-30
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #72
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
Yeah! I used the vroom vroom code and coupon code AD2338FDF (30.00 off) and got a midsize SUV for $326 USD from Aug 19-30
Thank you for this coupon. I just applied it to my ressie and got it down to $193 from $215. Just remember you have to use a Visa card to pay since it's a Visa coupon.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #73
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't implying that it was questionable..I just wanted to make sure it was a public code and that I did not need a membership to be able to use it I didn't realize one of posters worked for Alamo...I may have missed that...just so excited for this code!! I really was not relishing the thought of paying over 800.00 for my rental. And my confirmation also shows the midsize and not the standard but when I pull the res up it does show. So, good to know...I will use the kiosk. And I don't know if it's still true but MCO does not offer standard size, so you automatically get a full-size. At least this was true last year when we rented.

Last edited by KerriL; 04-17-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #74
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't implying that it was questionable..I just wanted to make sure it was a public code and that I did not need a membership to be able to use it I didn't realize one of posters worked for Alamo...I may have missed that...just so excited for this code!! I really was not relishing the thought of paying over 800.00 for my rental. And my confirmation also shows the midsize and not the standard but when I pull the res up it does show. So, good to know...I will use the kiosk. And I don't know if it's still true but MCO does not offer standard size, so you automatically get a full-size. At least this was true last year when we rented.
After I wrote that post I thought "Hmm.. does that sound accusatory or rude? I hope not!" I think sometimes the way I speak doesn't translate so well in post form. I was just saying I worry about weird codes too so I didn't want you to worry.
It's still true that there is no standard at MCO so we're good for a full size! That usually means a ton of Impalas to choose from but we like that because you can get some serious luggage in those trunks. They are huge!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #75
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
After I wrote that post I thought "Hmm.. does that sound accusatory or rude? I hope not!" I think sometimes the way I speak doesn't translate so well in post form. I was just saying I worry about weird codes too so I didn't want you to worry.
It's still true that there is no standard at MCO so we're good for a full size! That usually means a ton of Impalas to choose from but we like that because you can get some serious luggage in those trunks. They are huge!
No worries pigletto It is hard to imply tone in posts, but I know what you're saying. And that is great about the no standard at MCO...full-size works for me!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: