Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Just giving this a bump since I am back on the hunt for a reasonable rate. I haven't seen anything I am even willing to hold for hope of a better rate

It's still way too soon, but if nothing else pans out I'll use Pricelines "Name your own price" feature again. It didn't turn out too bad last time and I have some bonus bucks to use as well.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #47
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Just giving this a bump since I am back on the hunt for a reasonable rate. I haven't seen anything I am even willing to hold for hope of a better rate

It's still way too soon, but if nothing else pans out I'll use Pricelines "Name your own price" feature again. It didn't turn out too bad last time and I have some bonus bucks to use as well.
What size of a vehicle are you looking for? I can keep my eyes peeled for you too.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #48
5boyz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
I know it is a LONG way off but I am in the planning process. I would need to rent a car for a week before checking into disney property and returning it.I need to pick up the car at miami international airport and return it somewhere in disney. I am looking for the best deal. Is this too early to even start? Are any coupons out there yet? I would appreciate any advice-thank you so much
Havent read thru yet but I use Vroom Vroom Code 299851 from Alamo..I have been using it for almost 3 yrs now!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #49
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
What size of a vehicle are you looking for? I can keep my eyes peeled for you too.
Gina you are the best

I think we'd be fine with standard and up. It's just the four of us, but we'll have 3 suitcases and some carry on bags. Usually in a smaller vehicle one suitcase ends up between the kids but that's fine since really it's only from the airport and back.
We drive a midsize at home since my husband commutes so far. We do well in a smaller vehicle but a larger one is always a nice treat for a week

ETA) In the August heat it is a definite bonus when the kids don't need to be touching one another lol. I am hoping to stay in the $250 range though that may be wishful thinking!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #50
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gina you are the best

I think we'd be fine with standard and up. It's just the four of us, but we'll have 3 suitcases and some carry on bags. Usually in a smaller vehicle one suitcase ends up between the kids but that's fine since really it's only from the airport and back.
We drive a midsize at home since my husband commutes so far. We do well in a smaller vehicle but a larger one is always a nice treat for a week

ETA) In the August heat it is a definite bonus when the kids don't need to be touching one another lol. I am hoping to stay in the $250 range though that may be wishful thinking!
What dates are you looking for? I am picking up a car from the Car Care Center (Alamo) on Aug. 28 and dropping it off at MCO on 9/2. I got a rate of $277 for a standard with a free upgrade using the Costco Code and Upgrade Coupon. I'm hoping for something better, but for now that's the best I've seen.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #51
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boyz View Post
Havent read thru yet but I use Vroom Vroom Code 299851 from Alamo..I have been using it for almost 3 yrs now!
What is this code and do you need to be a member of anything to use it? I just priced out my ressie and got it down to $215 from $277. I just want to make sure it's ok to use.

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #52
DisneyDame27
Going to my happy place - Disneyworld

when should I start watching for Jan 2014 - yes I'm crazy!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #53
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
What is this code and do you need to be a member of anything to use it? I just priced out my ressie and got it down to $215 from $277. I just want to make sure it's ok to use.

Thanks!
It saves you .01 cents. And, yes it is ok to use it.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #54
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
It saves you .01 cents. And, yes it is ok to use it.
Thank you!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #55
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gina you are the best

Just to confirm....your dates are August 23 to September 2?

What are the pick up and drop off times?

Your dates are so close to mine, its easy to run your quotes when I check on updated rates for our vacay.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 04-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #56
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Just to confirm....your dates are August 23 to September 2?

What are the pick up and drop off times?

Your dates are so close to mine, its easy to run your quotes when I check on updated rates for our vacay.
We get to Orlando at 6:30 and would probably drop off around 9a.m.

Only if you see anything Gina! Don't do any extra digging for me
Old 04-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
That code takes $200 dollars off my the quoted price for me!!!
It still comes in at 300 for a standard but I'm sure I can find a coupon to add to it
Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #58
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That code takes $200 dollars off my the quoted price for me!!!
It still comes in at 300 for a standard but I'm sure I can find a coupon to add to it
I'm hoping to find a coupon too. Right now they all expire before August. Hope to find something soon.

Good Luck!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
KerriL
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thanks!
Yes..if anyone knows if you need to be a member or where this code originates from...because I just saved $420.49 on a 2 week rental in August...also used a coupon from BJ's for a midsize to standard upgrade!! Was $822.32....now $401.83!! Hope it's legit...
Kerri

Disney Magic August 1998, September 2000, July 2003 & December 2008
Disney Wonder September 1999
Disney Fantasy April 2014

Last edited by KerriL; 04-16-2013 at 05:43 PM.
KerriL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #60
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! Just got my rental down to $233.74 for a mid-sized SUV for 8 days with Alamo using the Vroom Vroom code (thanks to the PP for sharing!) and a $25 coupon from the Entertainment Book.

The rate includes all taxes, unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, and extended protection .

I guess I can go ahead and cancel my National ressie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: