Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #31
FoxberryJam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
Bumping this up.. we need a rental from Aug 19-Aug 30.
I have an SUV from National for $368 using the KLM code and the coupon code NWEBCPN027

Any one find any other decent deals so far?
I've got a minivan from 8/22 to 9/2 for $449 using the same codes.
FoxberryJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

August car rentals ...here we go, again :-)

Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $800+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Last year I rented a standard with Alamo for 9 days at $159, all taxes inc. We drove out of MCO with a very luxurious Cadillac - far from the "standard" we rented, but we were offered a car in that class since we arrived late (SWA flight delays), and were told a storm had passed through and the standard cars were not available. We had a great car for a GREAT price.

The year before, we paid $162 for a mid-sized SUV from Alamo for 8 days.

Re: smelly cars ... We favor Alamo and have had pretty good luck over the years. Last year when we were given the option of choosing a car in the premium class for the same rental fee that we were already paying for a standard, we checked out a few cars while we made the choice. One car we looked at smelled absolutely disgusting - as in it was VERY clear that some person (or persons) smoked up a storm in it. I was horrified, and also curious as to how something like that could happen. I thought rental car companies only rented non-smoking cars ...while that particular car stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke. Who does that?... and why would a person rent a car and think that the rules do not apply to them? I just don't get it.

TY for the tip on turning on the AC before driving out with the car. A moldy or vomit smell would def. put a damper on my vacation.

Let the games begin

Last edited by MrsDoubtfire; 04-01-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added info
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $600+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Last year I rented a standard with Alamo for 9 days at $159, all taxes inc. We drove out of MCO with a very luxurious Cadillac - far from the "standard" we rented, but we were offered a car in that class since we arrived late (SWA flight delays), and were told a storm had passed through and the standard cars were not available. We had a great car for a GREAT price.

Let the games begin
Awesome deals for your past trips! What types of discount codes did you use and how far out did you book?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #34
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $800+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Re: smelly cars ... We favor Alamo and have had pretty good luck over the years. Last year when we were given the option of choosing a car in the premium class for the same rental fee that we were already paying for a standard, we checked out a few cars while we made the choice. One car we looked at smelled absolutely disgusting - as in it was VERY clear that some person (or persons) smoked up a storm in it. I was horrified, and also curious as to how something like that could happen. I thought rental car companies only rented non-smoking cars ...while that particular car stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke. Who does that?... and why would a person rent a car and think that the rules do not apply to them? I just don't get it.

TY for the tip on turning on the AC before driving out with the car. A moldy or vomit smell would def. put a damper on my vacation.

Let the games begin
Rates are horrible for August. I'm picking up on 8/28 and dropping off 9/2. From a suggestion here, I priced out picking the car up from the Disney Car Care Center instead of MCO and then dropping it off at MCO and saved more than $200 by doing it that way. Maybe you can try that? Right now I'm using a Costco code with a free upgrade but am hoping a better one is released for my dates.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #35
donnaf516
DIS Veteran

During the past three years we've been able to get great rates in August (<$200 for 10-12 days - standard). I've checked a couple times but it's really too early for anything good.

What I do is book the best price I can find so I have something then as I find better deals I just cancel my original reservation and rebook at the better rate. The best deals I've found have been 3-4 weeks before travel.

It's great to have a place like this, some of the best discounts come from others who post them on here. Good luck everyone!

August 2010 - POR
August 2011 - CBR
February 2012 - Pop
August 2012 - BC
August 2013 - POFQ
donnaf516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #36
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

I found this web-site with discount codes for National

http://milesmomma.com/national-car-rental-codes/

There is one code (expires 2014) that is $30 (coupon from entertainment book). Do i need to present the coupon at the time of rental?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #37
MadaNickDis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case!
Quick question....have you used the KLM code before? Did you have to show anything at the counter? I just booked, thanks to you, with this but the website is now allowing me to join right now (plenty of time to try again but just curious)!

Disney Wonder April 2014
Disney Magic and Art of Animation January 2014
Disney Dream and Port Orleans/Caribbean Beach August 2013
All Star Music April 2013
Disney Magic August 2012
Disney Dream January 2012
Off Site 2012
Pop Century 2011
All Star Movies 2010:
Old Key West 2009
All Star Movies 2008
Off Site 2007
MadaNickDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #38
andychris14
DIS Veteran

Hi I just joined the klm program. Where do I get the coupon codes for rental cars?
Sorry if this was asked before
Thank you
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
andychris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaNickDis View Post
Quick question....have you used the KLM code before? Did you have to show anything at the counter? I just booked, thanks to you, with this but the website is now allowing me to join right now (plenty of time to try again but just curious)!
I have not used the KLM code yet (this August will be the first) but there are lots of positive reports in this thread (where I learned about it):

http://ww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

I am taking the print out of my KLM Flying Blue registration with me (I have a vacation binder that I stick in my carry-on, and in it is a section for my car rental info, so it will go in the binder right behind the rental confirmation along with my entertainment book coupon). I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

We also signed up for National's Emerald Aisle program and added our membership info to the reservation, so now we can bypass the counter and hopefully be on our way even faster. We don't arrive at MCO until 6:30 pm so by then, I am sure we will appreciate any time savers that get us to the resort faster!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #40
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
Hi I just joined the klm program. Where do I get the coupon codes for rental cars?
Thank you
The KLM code is found here in post #1:

http://ww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

For a coupon code, I am currently using a coupon from the 2013 entertainment book. I am sure there will be other public codes released a little closer to our travel date that encompass our time period . My coupon right now is for $25........but I have my fingers crossed that we might get a general public coupon worth $30 before the last week of August.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 04-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #41
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
Thank you
I keep getting a "technical error" when I try to join.

Did you have any problems? I tried yesterday. I tried today. I tried from home. I tried from work. I tried different browsers....arrrrgh!!!
8/10 Polynesian (40% PIN)
7/09 AKL (7-for-4 + AP discount)
8/08 AKL (Free dining!) & 5/08 Coronado Springs Resort
12/07 Animal Kingdom Lodge
9-10/06 Pop Century (Free dining!)
10/05 Wilderness Lodge (Free dining!)
12/04 Grand Floridian & 6/04 Polynesian
8/03 Contemporary for 15 minutes, Grand Floridian for the rest of the trip
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
brettb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
I keep getting a "technical error" when I try to join.

Did you have any problems? I tried yesterday. I tried today. I tried from home. I tried from work. I tried different browsers....arrrrgh!!!
Never mind. I registered for a non-Flying Blue KLM account. Then, when I was logged in, I "upgraded" to FlyingBlue and now have my Flying Blue number.
8/10 Polynesian (40% PIN)
7/09 AKL (7-for-4 + AP discount)
8/08 AKL (Free dining!) & 5/08 Coronado Springs Resort
12/07 Animal Kingdom Lodge
9-10/06 Pop Century (Free dining!)
10/05 Wilderness Lodge (Free dining!)
12/04 Grand Floridian & 6/04 Polynesian
8/03 Contemporary for 15 minutes, Grand Floridian for the rest of the trip
10/02 Polynesian
1976-96 Contemporary, Village Resort, All-Star Sports, Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Off-property
brettb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #43
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

My August rental has dropped .

Originally had a mid-sized SUV for 8 days (August 23 - 31) with National for $267 (using KLM code, so that rate includes all taxes plus the extra insurance coverages).

Rebooked today for the same vehicle using the same code and the same coupon ($25 from the Entertainment Book) and my rate is now $251 .

Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #44
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Let the games begin
Yes the rent non smoking cars only, but, not everyone follow the rules. Having said that, that car should never have been on the line before it was detailed.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #45
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
I found this web-site with discount codes for National

http://milesmomma.com/national-car-rental-codes/

There is one code (expires 2014) that is $30 (coupon from entertainment book). Do i need to present the coupon at the time of rental?
Sometimes they ask for non National electronic coupons. Depends on the counter or exit agent. Unless you have the coupon from the Entertainment book, I would not use it.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: