Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #76
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminDisney2013 View Post
Hi! We're planning on a trip Nov 1st thru 11th. It will be my sons' first time. They will be almost 5 and 2 1/2. Question for anyone who has been there...are we crazy to go during Jersey Week? Is it that crazy? We really want to see the change over from Halloween to Christmas. Just curious!! Thanks!!
Welcome!!

We are going to be there during "Jersey Week" as well. Yes, a few people from my town go during that week, but I don't think it will be crazy busy. I've checked the historical crowd calendars for that week and, at most, some days have been a 6 or 7, but they're mosting 4 or 5s. I think that is more than doable.

Where are you planning to stay? And I will have a 5.5 year old at that time.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #77
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I was talking to DH the other night about how I don't seem to be able to connect with any cancer support groups right now and he said, "You have your support group. It's the DIS!" He's so right! This is my happy place and I know I'll always find support here. We all understand each other beyond our every day lives!

My countdown calendar said 385 days this morning. That means 20 days away from one year, when the countdown REALLY begins! Yay!

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #78
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick

Welcome!!

We are going to be there during "Jersey Week" as well. Yes, a few people from my town go during that week, but I don't think it will be crazy busy. I've checked the historical crowd calendars for that week and, at most, some days have been a 6 or 7, but they're mosting 4 or 5s. I think that is more than doable.

That's great to hear! Thanks, doesn't sound too bad! I'm so excited to start planning! We are going with my parents and they are big poly fans so we are hoping to stay there. And we like the idea of staying at motorail hotel since the kiddies are little. We are going to try to book it today with my Dads AAA discount and hope its a good one. If not, I hope we get one closer to date. Where are you going to stay?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #79
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great to hear! Thanks, doesn't sound too bad! I'm so excited to start planning! We are going with my parents and they are big poly fans so we are hoping to stay there. And we like the idea of staying at motorail hotel since the kiddies are little. We are going to try to book it today with my Dads AAA discount and hope its a good one. If not, I hope we get one closer to date. Where are you going to stay?
I would love, love, love to stay at the Poly! Alas, it is Port Orleans Riverside (POR) for us. We started staying there in 2009 when we took hubby's mom down with us and, for us, it's home. We love the food court, the bayou setting is great, and the rooms are a good size for the five of us.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #80
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
We book through AAA all the time. It's a 20% discount, but you'll probably be able to do better, either through free dining or a room discount. Last year we got 40% off the Poly and it was about $900! For us, more than free dining would've been. Still pricey, but almost a thousand off is much more doable. Poly is again in our list of possibles next year. I'm still torn on what resort to pick! (More below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I would love, love, love to stay at the Poly! Alas, it is Port Orleans Riverside (POR) for us. We started staying there in 2009 when we took hubby's mom down with us and, for us, it's home. We love the food court, the bayou setting is great, and the rooms are a good size for the five of us.
Have you been to POR or POFQ for Christmas yet? I heard it was decorated nicely. If we opt for a moderate resort, it'll probably be POFQ.

I'm still wavering on which resort to pick. DH keeps mentioning renting a car if we stay at WL, but I don't see the point. Part of what I like about Disney onsite is the transportation. Renting a car wouldn't chop off much of the time of the buses, when you factor in having to take the tram from the parking lot to the park. And it's an added expense, which I don't want. Part of my issue with WL is waiting around for buses and the 20 minute boat ride to MK. I know the resort is beautiful for Christmas, but how much are we going to be there? Then again, BW has no counter service in the resort.

Hey, does anyone know if there is any way to get to BC/YC from BW by walking? Do you have to take the boat? If that was a quick trip, that may solve my problem.

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #81
katla33
Mouseketeer

I am planning our next trip for November 2013. Praying for Free Dining!
I plan to book it soon. I want to stay at the Contemporary. Our favorite hotel is the Wilderness Lodge but now that DD2 is over 3, we would have to stay Deluxe Club Level and that is too much money.
We have never stayed at the Contemporary before. I have enough coming in from commission to pay for our room there but if business really picks up, I might move us to the Grand Floridian. My kids really want to stay there!

katla33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #82
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome!!

I am set to go 11/7 to 11/13, part of Jersey week as well...and Vet. Day. I'm hoping it won't be that bad. I'm sure it will be better then Spring Break (which is my other option).

Last edited by peteanddebbie; 10-26-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: update
peteanddebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #83
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
I am set to go 11/7 to 11/13, part of Jersey week as well...and Vet. Day. I'm hoping it won't be that bad. I'm sure it will be better then Spring Break (which is my other option).
Isn't it exciting planning a DISNEY trip!? November will be much better than Spring Break, most definitely! I started planning our first trip 1 1/2 years prior to the actual trip. I am now planning our second trip for next November around the same time as your visit. Have fun planning!!

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #84
peteanddebbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Isn't it exciting planning a DISNEY trip!? November will be much better than Spring Break, most definitely! I started planning our first trip 1 1/2 years prior to the actual trip. I am now planning our second trip for next November around the same time as your visit. Have fun planning!!
It is exciting...I've been planning for a few months now, so it will be almost 1 1/2 years of planning by the time we go in Nov 2013. Then all the planning is over in a flash of a week
Old 10-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #85
susanm
DISNEY MANIAC ºoº

i havent booked yet....cant decide want to go in may/june...cant wait to see the new area in fantasyland...but might not all be open by then anyway.. and would like to do the food and wine festival...but oct 2013 seems so far away

and since i like to go for long periods of time...like 2 weeks.... i cant afford to go twice....i am looking at AoA for 13 or 14 nights (checked ou the resort when i was there in july -staying in asmu) and loved their food court.... such a major decision....but will prob go with october

COMING UP - 17 DAYS OCTOBER 2014 - FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL & MICKEYS NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY

Comfort inn 8/94 Caribbean Beach 8/95 Coronado Springs 6/98 Port Orleans - 07/02
All Star Music Resort - 4/96 10/96 12/97 10/98 4/99 2/00 2/03 4/04 7/12
All Star Sports 12/96 9/00 11/06
All Star Movies 10/99 07/02
Downtown Disney Travelodge 4/97
Pop Century 06/02 08/11 10/14
susanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #86
JacknDawn4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteanddebbie View Post
It is exciting...I've been planning for a few months now, so it will be almost 1 1/2 years of planning by the time we go in Nov 2013. Then all the planning is over in a flash of a week
But that one week will make a lifetime of magical memories! Today I was talking to a Co-worker about planning a Disney trip and now she is going to book her and her 2 DS's a trip for March 2013. It will be their first trip and she has asked me to help her plan. I am so excited about helping her. I believe I have missed my calling by not being a Disney travel agent.

March 2015 - Resort TBD
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #87
weezel42002
Earning My Ears

nov 2013

We just got back from DW 3 weeks ago and are already planning our next trip and it looks like Nov 2013 We are thinking of being there for thanksgiving or arriving the first day after Thanksgiving. We are still pondering this. We want to stay at least 5 nights and with your help please we still have to make these decisions.

1)WHICH RESORT WL, POLY, OR BW WE STAYED AT BW AND LOVED IT THE RESORT WAS GREAT AND THE LOCATION WAS AWESOME FOR EPCOT AND HOLLYWOOD BUT WE WERE THINKING ABOUT BEING IN MK AREA THIS TIME,

2) where to eat for thanksgiving if we are there for the holiday

3) how will the crowds be if its better to go during thanksgiving or go after we are not quite sure yet

I know this is alot but please help I just want to book it and start making payments this disboard is addictive love yall thanks in advance
weezel42002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #88
weezel42002
Earning My Ears

you can walk from bw be bc/yc you follow the actual boardwalk to epcot once you walk across bridge instead of making a right to internationl gateway you make a left and you are at the bc its not a far walk at all except when your 8 year old is on your shoulders after a very long day at epcot lol
weezel42002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #89
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
But that one week will make a lifetime of magical memories! Today I was talking to a Co-worker about planning a Disney trip and now she is going to book her and her 2 DS's a trip for March 2013. It will be their first trip and she has asked me to help her plan. I am so excited about helping her. I believe I have missed my calling by not being a Disney travel agent.
I often have this same thought!

I know there are quite a few of us who live in NJ and around the Philly area. Please be safe. I shut down my office last night and I don't expect to allow anyone in tomorrow as well. I've done all I can for my house (gutters cleaned, pump all set, and sand bags out). I'm praying all of you stay safe and your electric stays on. If you could add a small additional prayer for me I would appreciate it: that the Delaware River stays in its banks. I love 1/2 block from the River and this storm scares me so much more than Irene. Iren was bad, but it's eye didn't go right over my house.

Stay safe everyone and think happy thoughts!!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #90
JacknDawn4ever

Quote:
I often have this same thought!

I know there are quite a few of us who live in NJ and around the Philly area. Please be safe. I shut down my office last night and I don't expect to allow anyone in tomorrow as well. I've done all I can for my house (gutters cleaned, pump all set, and sand bags out). I'm praying all of you stay safe and your electric stays on. If you could add a small additional prayer for me I would appreciate it: that the Delaware River stays in its banks. I love 1/2 block from the River and this storm scares me so much more than Irene. Iren was bad, but it's eye didn't go right over my house.

Stay safe everyone and think happy thoughts!!!!
Prayers are going up for all who are in the path of Sandy!! Be safe and as soon as you are able, let us know how you are!!!

March 2015 - Resort TBD

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: