Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #676
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove1021 View Post
Me too! We're staying at POR Nov 10-19. I have budgeted for the full price but I would LOVE to save some money with free dining or a room discount.
I think we've picked a good week.The marathon will be over the day before we leave.The Sun we arrive will be the last day of food and wine and most of the Jersey week people will be leaving so the crowds will be low. So there should be some sort of discounts

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #677
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65

I think we've picked a good week.The marathon will be over the day before we leave.The Sun we arrive will be the last day of food and wine and most of the Jersey week people will be leaving so the crowds will be low. So there should be some sort of discounts
We are booked nov 12-20! Hoping for that discount as well
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #678
Rpasko
Earning My Ears

Just changed my dates to November 7-16. Now waiting until tomorrow when JetBlue extends schedule. 😃 Staying in Cars family suite.
Rpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #679
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jet Blue will be extending flight dates from 10/27 to 01/06 Tomorrow April 3 @ 9 am
Fingers crossed that airfare will be *reasonable* tomorrow morning.....

I have been anxiously awaiting booking. For some reason, the trip always seems "real" once the airfare is booked.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #680
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
Hi Everyone! We are planning on going to WDW Nov 9-17 We went last year at that time and we loved it. Can't wait!!! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook Nov 2013 Dis group? There was last year and between these boards and FB there was a ton of great tips!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecin721 View Post
We are going Nov 10 to Nov 17 and staying at POR. I am hoping they have free dinning.
to both of you!!! As figmentswife said, send me or her a PM if you'd like to be a part of the FB group. I will admit, we are chatting it up quite a bit in there and I'm sure in four weeks when we're able to start ADRs, it will get *really* busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpasko View Post
Just changed my dates to November 7-16. Now waiting until tomorrow when JetBlue extends schedule. 😃 Staying in Cars family suite.
Got your change in!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #681
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jet Blue will be extending flight dates from 10/27 to 01/06 Tomorrow April 3 @ 9 am
I have been waiting for this. Hopefully prices are reasonable!!

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #682
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

Haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet, but we are booked at the Poly for 11/24-30, which is Thanksgiving week. This will be our second Thanksgiving at Disney. November is a WONDERFUL time to visit The Happiest Place in the World!
2007 - Polynesian
2013 - Polynesian - THANKSGIVING
www.bentosonthebayou.com
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #683
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Will anyone be there for Thanksgiving? This will be our first Thanksgiving eating on Disney property. Anyone have turkey day at WDW before? Any restaurant preference?
We will be at the Poly for our second Thanksgiving this year. We LOVED having Thanksgiving at Disney! Last time, we had our Thanksgiving dinner at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. We had a standard turkey dinner, but they had the regular menu available, as well.

Where are you staying? Maybe we can meet up!
2007 - Polynesian
2013 - Polynesian - THANKSGIVING
www.bentosonthebayou.com
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #684
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

I'm in too! And really nervous? Staying BC Nov. 9-16 and it seems the resort is almost fully booked . We've never been in November. Does anyone have any input on this week? I know it's Veteran's Day weekend, marathon weekend and the end of F&W and Jersey Week. Hopefully the crowds are not too bad.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #685
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStormtrooper View Post

We will be at the Poly for our second Thanksgiving this year. We LOVED having Thanksgiving at Disney! Last time, we had our Thanksgiving dinner at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. We had a standard turkey dinner, but they had the regular menu available, as well.

Where are you staying? Maybe we can meet up!
Thanks for the info! I will check out their menu!! We are staying in a timeshare off property. We need as much room as we can with two little ones running around! lol Our trip starts the 27th but we won't start park hopping till that following Monday, so it might make it hard to meet up.

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #686
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove1021 View Post
Me too! We're staying at POR Nov 10-19. I have budgeted for the full price but I would LOVE to save some money with free dining or a room discount.
Same here! Staying 10th through 15th at POR!!! May actually be coming in the 9th if the flights work out the way we think they will.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #687
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=FigmentChick;47987456] to both of you!!! As figmentswife said, send me or her a PM if you'd like to be a part of the FB group. I will admit, we are chatting it up quite a bit in there and I'm sure in four weeks when we're able to start ADRs, it will get *really* busy.

A girl from last years Nov group added me to your FB group. Looking forward to chatting with you all
Lisadaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #688
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
I'm in too! And really nervous? Staying BC Nov. 9-16 and it seems the resort is almost fully booked . We've never been in November. Does anyone have any input on this week? I know it's Veteran's Day weekend, marathon weekend and the end of F&W and Jersey Week. Hopefully the crowds are not too bad.
I seriously considered going that week since DS's 7th birthday is Veteran's Day, but then since we're DVC and own on the West Coast I figured we would run the risk of not being able to get a villa at any of the properties we wanted, so we decided to go a week later. I'm hoping to stay at BCV the next week, starting the 17th (190 points for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom next to Epcot, sign me up!), but would be okay with BWV or BLT if we can't get it. It would shock me if BCV was less than 100% full during a F&W week, usually at 11 months out too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
to both of you!!! As figmentswife said, send me or her a PM if you'd like to be a part of the FB group. I will admit, we are chatting it up quite a bit in there and I'm sure in four weeks when we're able to start ADRs, it will get *really* busy.
I'll start getting into planning when I know which resort we'll be at; I'll be able to book in 2 weeks! I do believe everybody starts going into overdrive planning at about 6 1/2 months or so.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #689
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
It will be busy that first weekend, but according to touringplans.com it really drops off, even Monday doesn't look too bad. Our 1st trip was during Nov. and we absolutely loved it as far as crowd levels & weather. I can't wait to get back! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #690
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
I have been waiting for this. Hopefully prices are reasonable!!
I have had good luck with decent fares on the first day they are released in the past so have my fingers crossed that is the case in the morning

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: