Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #661
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21
Wow!! Good for you getting your flights booked! Im still holding out hope that we can get direct flights from SW once they open up the rest of the year...I would be happy with that $307 price!
I had thought about waiting for SW but I was makin myself nuts watching prices! Some flights were so high and I knew I didn't want to pay higher than $307 so....
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #662
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Will anyone be there for Thanksgiving? This will be our first Thanksgiving eating on Disney property. Anyone have turkey day at WDW before? Any restaurant preference?

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #663
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
We are booked for November 10-November 15 at all star movies!! Yay so excited. Will be taking my 2 dd's 5 , 7 and sister who is 9. I can't wait to tell them the morning we leave. Dis board has helped me keep the secret by being able to talk about it on here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
It's official!!! Airfare and room booked! Nov12-20!!! Pop!

So real now! So excited
Glad you guys are booked!!! I'll make sure you're on the first post and welcome aboard!!! Send me a PM if you would like to become apart of the FB group.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #664
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21 View Post
I agree - I want official park hours, MVMCP dates so we can plan!!! I need to feed my planning obsession
Yes I definitely can't wait for times, magic hours and fantastic show schedule!!

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #665
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

At least the planning for me will be fairly easy since we're not doing the dining plan (and, I have to say, it will be a relief not to have to plan everything out). We will be doing two maybe three table service meals: Coral Reef, Tusker House and maybe O'hana. I'm going to make those reservations the second I can (May 4th), but that's it.

I do want the hours to be released so I can figure out which parks we'll start out at each day as well as if Typhoon Lagoon will be open during our trip (doesn't look hopeful, please cross your fingers) and when the shows are. We're definitely not going to attend MNSSHP but I have been told by numerous people that we shouldn't miss MVMCP. However, since the only night we can attend will be the first night on the 8th, I'm very wary of that. I think it will be waaaay too crowded for out taste.

And, of course, I'm freaking out over what to feed the family. I know I don't need to and I know I will have plenty of funds to hit counter service for every meal if I want, but I'm still freaking out. And, of course, it's not like we haven't rented a house before which is very similar to staying in a villa. I'm so thankful that we will have a full-sized fridge and freezer (not to mention the washer and dryer). My kids are DiGiorno pizza eaters, so they would be happy if they had that every night (and that's, like, $4 a pie). I don't know why I'm worrying.....there's nothing to stress over (deep breathes......).

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great night and all planning goes smoothly.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #666
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Yes I definitely can't wait for times, magic hours and fantastic show schedule!!
I'm looking forward to seeing them, too. However, TouringPlans already has up their projected hours, etc, and they're usually pretty accurate. I'm debating on whether to renew my subscription (it expires Oct 30) because I originally got it for the lines app but ended up using the preplanning crowd calendar much more extensively, then when we were always at the right park on the right day we didn't really need the lines app very much. I guess it was good for finding out showtimes.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #667
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing them, too. However, TouringPlans already has up their projected hours, etc, and they're usually pretty accurate. I'm debating on whether to renew my subscription (it expires Oct 30) because I originally got it for the lines app but ended up using the preplanning crowd calendar much more extensively, then when we were always at the right park on the right day we didn't really need the lines app very much. I guess it was good for finding out showtimes.
What's this touring plans thing?

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #668
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
What's this touring plans thing?
TouringPlans.com.

They take calendars and crowd levels from previous years, then aggregate the statistics to predict which parks will be busy on which days, so that you can decide to go to MK if its a 2/10 if DHS is going to be an 8/10. They also do a great application for your smartphone that has line information updated consistently and works better than DisneyMobileMagic on my phone. Its a $10 subscription for one year to see their data and get the app if you use the MouseSavers newsletter link (or was when I bought it), but to me the extra fun/ planning was well worth it.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #669
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
TouringPlans.com.

They take calendars and crowd levels from previous years, then aggregate the statistics to predict which parks will be busy on which days, so that you can decide to go to MK if its a 2/10 if DHS is going to be an 8/10. They also do a great application for your smartphone that has line information updated consistently and works better than DisneyMobileMagic on my phone. Its a $10 subscription for one year to see their data and get the app if you use the MouseSavers newsletter link (or was when I bought it), but to me the extra fun/ planning was well worth it.
Thanks I downloaded it and bought the subscription using mouse savers. Now if I can learn to work it lol

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #670
Lisadaa2
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We are planning on going to WDW Nov 9-17 We went last year at that time and we loved it. Can't wait!!! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook Nov 2013 Dis group? There was last year and between these boards and FB there was a ton of great tips!
Lisadaa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #671
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
Hi Everyone! We are planning on going to WDW Nov 9-17 We went last year at that time and we loved it. Can't wait!!! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook Nov 2013 Dis group? There was last year and between these boards and FB there was a ton of great tips!
You can send a private message to either me or figment chick to join the Facebook group
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #672
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Jet Blue Flights

Jet Blue will be extending flight dates from 10/27 to 01/06 Tomorrow April 3 @ 9 am

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #673
stevecin721
Earning My Ears

November 2013 Trip

We are going Nov 10 to Nov 17 and staying at POR. I am hoping they have free dinning.

November 2013 - POR Royal Room
March 2011 - Polynesian
April 2009 - Coronado Springs
December 2004 - POR
stevecin721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #674
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecin721 View Post
We are going Nov 10 to Nov 17 and staying at POR. I am hoping they have free dinning.
Going the same dates as you (same resort) with the hopes of free dining and great weather of course.Still not sure about veterans day though.They offered it last year but I guess we'll have to see what happens

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #675
disneylove1021
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecin721 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

Going the same dates as you (same resort) with the hopes of free dining and great weather of course.Still not sure about veterans day though.They offered it last year but I guess we'll have to see what happens
Me too! We're staying at POR Nov 10-19. I have budgeted for the full price but I would LOVE to save some money with free dining or a room discount.

Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room
May 2010

Polynesian Resort
September 2011

Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Guest Room
November 2013
disneylove1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: