Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #631
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Welcome to the club. If you see 10 people in the same neon color shirts. That's prob us if it says bracken/Mize family reunion.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #632
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
Welcome to the club. If you see 10 people in the same neon color shirts. That's prob us if it says bracken/Mize family reunion.
Well, we will be 3 people in matching shirts, more if I can convince others.... You know who you are..... To wear them.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #633
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-A-RAMA View Post
Hello All,

I have just spent the last three days reading this increasingly lengthy thread(not all in the same siting of course) I can't add to the Jersey number--sorry guys. Anyway, my wife, my five kids(16,14, 11, 7, and 2 at time of travel) and I will be going to WDW from November 21-December 1. We have adjoining rooms at POP, even though we really wanted AoA LM. The reason we went with POP is because we really want some free dining, and it hasn't been offered much at LM. This is our 5th trip to WDW. We have gone three times at Thanksgiving and once in April. Thanksgiving is so crowded, but we love the temperatures. We usually go to EPCOT on Thanksgiving day since it is so spread out and we don't feel the crowds as much. This year will be the first time our youngest(only boy) will really know what is going on. When he went in 2011, he was only six months old. We had to skip 2012 because our central heat/air had to be replaced in our home. We are having some major withdrawals! Sorry for the long post.
I don't mean to bust your free dining bubble, however, it is not looking like it will not happen. Danny25 had said so months ago, and everything he has posted about discounts has been correct. I guess there is a chance they will do another stay,play,dine.... Which is almost free dining, but I wanted you to know in advance so you could plan financially. I do think there will be some kind of room discount for fall if nothing else. .
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #634
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

If stay, play, & dine is offered, how does that work with kids who are Disney adults? Ds will be 10 at time of travel....
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #635
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Hey, my fellow DCL from January! No DCL for us this trip, though. We arrive day after Thanksgiving to Sea World and check into WDW on Dec 1st for a week. tried to fit a cruise in but time and budget said otherwise.

Last edited by Marshay; 03-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #636
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks & we will be on the lookout for the neon.
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #637
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post

I don't mean to bust your free dining bubble, however, it is not looking like it will not happen. Danny25 had said so months ago, and everything he has posted about discounts has been correct. I guess there is a chance they will do another stay,play,dine.... Which is almost free dining, but I wanted you to know in advance so you could plan financially. I do think there will be some kind of room discount for fall if nothing else. .
We are fully aware of our total, but it doesn't hurt to wish. Thank you for managing this thread; I have enjoyed the reading.
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #638
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post

Hey, my fellow DVCer from January! No DVC for us this trip, though. We arrive day after Thanksgiving to Sea World and check into WDW on Dec 1st for a week. New tried to fit a cruise in but time and budget said otherwise.
Hi.

We are using this yrs points and next yrs points for this trip. We're staying all together at okw in grand villas before and after our cruise. Have a great time.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #639
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostrophe76 View Post
First post here...we're going with a party of 6: my husband, two kids (8 and 5), my mother and stepfather, and me from 11/7-11/11, staying at POFQ. We're pretty excited! I haven't been to WDW since my senior trip in 1994, so it's been a while. More NJ people invading the boards.
Quote:
Change of plans sorta. Now arriving on nov 22nd at okw then on Disney dream on the 24th returning on the 27th going back to okw until the 30th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmom01 View Post
You can add us too! We're booked at CSR from 11/29/13 - 12/8/13. Can't wait to try the new business class club rooms!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW-A-RAMA View Post
Hello All,

I have just spent the last three days reading this increasingly lengthy thread(not all in the same siting of course) I can't add to the Jersey number--sorry guys. Anyway, my wife, my five kids(16,14, 11, 7, and 2 at time of travel) and I will be going to WDW from November 21-December 1. We have adjoining rooms at POP, even though we really wanted AoA LM. The reason we went with POP is because we really want some free dining, and it hasn't been offered much at LM. This is our 5th trip to WDW. We have gone three times at Thanksgiving and once in April. Thanksgiving is so crowded, but we love the temperatures. We usually go to EPCOT on Thanksgiving day since it is so spread out and we don't feel the crowds as much. This year will be the first time our youngest(only boy) will really know what is going on. When he went in 2011, he was only six months old. We had to skip 2012 because our central heat/air had to be replaced in our home. We are having some major withdrawals! Sorry for the long post.
Hello and to all the new people!!! And no worries about long posts - I tend to write novels myself. I will add all the new info to the first post.

On a side note: the family & I are heading to Washington DC on Saturday to visit the National Zoo (I wanna see the pandas!!!) and see the cherry blossoms. Wish us good traffic, please.

I hope everyone has a great weekend; I know many of us have kids off school or long weekends from work. Oh!!! And one more thing: I officially start my new job on Wednesday (although, my technical start date is the 1st). I am the new Accounting Manager at the local Jewish Community Center!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to be working with such a great group of people as well as an organization that helps the community. I've been waiting a long time to get back into a nonprofit and I'm just so pumped.

Have a great afternoon, all!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #640
figmentswife

Congrats Melanie, is that the place you had the part time shirt term job!!!!

We are getting closer every day.

DH has more tests tomorrow to see how the first surgery went, if all is well there will be another test next week then second surgery the following week. He still has the 3 open wounds from the complications after first surgery but they are closing well.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #641
Vility
Mouseketeer

Just booked today!
We are going November 9-16th!
We'll be staying at the Poly for our 10 year anniversary!
My youngest will be celebrating her 3rd bday as well!

Plus we are making this trip a secret!
I would love suggestions how to suprise them closer to the date!
YAY!!!!!

82,83,84,85,86,87,93,94Poly_98ASS__09,10,12WL
Vility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #642
Three cats
DIS Veteran

I wonder how much longer we will have to wait for the November hours to come out? I am also anxiously awaiting JetBlue to release their schedule. Whole lotta waiting going on....
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #643
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

I'm anxiously waiting too!!!! Not air prices we drive...I'm an overpacker! But waiting on hours, adr date, discounts (fingers crossed -if it's a good one we can check in two days early)!!!! Waiting.....patiently.....well trying to wait patiently....
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #644
Saralew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
I wonder how much longer we will have to wait for the November hours to come out? I am also anxiously awaiting JetBlue to release their schedule. Whole lotta waiting going on....
Southwest next release is may 6 - cant wait
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #645
Conway733
DIS Veteran

The weather just turned a little nicer today...and then I thought, still have to get through spring, summer, and fall before out trip!

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: