Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #2926
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I know this is off topic of the thread, and I promise for the others I will go into Private message if this becomes a conversation, but how was it to travel solo in the World? I'm pondering a possible Solo trip in February. That month usually is a depressing month for me with the cold (and S word) and other things of that time of year. I don't think we will be able to secure support for my special needs son for my husband to go with me again after November and at this point the girlfriends are not as Disney excited as I am. So considering a solo trip but not sure yet.
I have been many times to WDW so going solo was great! I have an Autistic son so it was great to get away and recharge so I can be ready mentally to return and give him my all. Always good to get a break with a special needs child. I stayed at Pop since that is my favorite value resort. I didn't get park hoppers tho next time I definitely will since being solo I was able to move from place to place quicker and got done each park a lot quicker then expected especially with a few rides having single rider or if they didn't they would ask for singles riders so I got right on rides a lot. Dinig solo was fine. Even ate at a couple table services (ones family not interested in but I was). A lot of people recommend doing tours when you go solo but that wasn't in the budget. The only way I could go is if I kept cost down. So I did penny presses instead as a little hunt in each park. I made two bracelets from them when I got home. PM me if you have ny specific questions or just anything else you would like to know I am happy to help.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #2927
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2977 View Post

My mom has those! Just her and my stepdad went a few years back- they were like two little kids!
My parents will be with us that day. I would love for all of us to have pirate ears. My DS is turning 11 so we're getting to the end of that time when he'll enjoy this sort of silly dressing up play. But, as I keep reminding myself, this is a budget trip.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #2928
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradupafast View Post
Don't remember seeing anyone with those last March. People just print and Pin them ?
Yes. I punched a hole through mine and put them on like a key ring. Then I just switch it between my camera bags. DSis has one on her wheelchair.

We almost always run into at least one DISer. Last Dec a lot of people from our thread were Tweeting from the parks so we connected with a lot of them.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #2929
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Finally have my PC back...darn viruses Anyways, dd has informed me that she wants to stay at AoA in the Nemo room...really. So now I guess I'll check to see if it's even available...anyone now if FD is offered there?
Nevermind...just saw the prices
Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #2930
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post

Our summer disappeared when September began! we have already had a frost warning!!!

I hear southern Ontario is still having nice summer weather.
It was 95 in DC yesterday. I'm ready for fall!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #2931
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this is off topic of the thread, and I promise for the others I will go into Private message if this becomes a conversation, but how was it to travel solo in the World? I'm pondering a possible Solo trip in February. That month usually is a depressing month for me with the cold (and S word) and other things of that time of year. I don't think we will be able to secure support for my special needs son for my husband to go with me again after November and at this point the girlfriends are not as Disney excited as I am. So considering a solo trip but not sure yet.
That sounds wonderful and relaxing. I would do it! Heck, I would join you if I could! February has always been my least favorite month as well so I understand that choice as well.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #2932
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess you're right this is a little off topic, but I've done it several times and try to do it roughly every year for a long weekend. I would absolutely encourage you to go for it. Without going into a lot here, there's a Solo and Adult Travelers discussion board on DIS... I'd encourage you to get a lot more insight over there.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #2933
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Hi everyone!

My family will be down Nov 3rd-8th at Fort wilderness. This will be our first vacation to WDW during Jersey Week. Tho not the last since DS started school this will be our new vacation dates. Joining everyone else that comes down from New Jersey.

Would have joined earlier but was focusing on the August thread. It was my first solo trip to the world. Loved the Magicband and FP+ at Pop. Now that that is over on with the nov family vacation. The grandparents will be joining us to enjoy a vacation with their grandson. Any ideas of things to point out to them in each park that helps show how great disney is? Ya know the little details that separates Disney from the rest. Really like for my Dad to drink the Disney Kool-Aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerjenn View Post
Ill be there 11-12 to 11-17 hoping for 70's weather and magic bands for POP!
both of you! I'm running a bit ragged today (it's a rough day)....so I hope to have everything updated later.

Ariel, where in Jersey are you from? I'm at Exit 1.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #2934
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Ariel, where in Jersey are you from? I'm at Exit 1.
We are Exit 4
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #2935
lindap1
DIS Veteran

60 days!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #2936
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah and no FD. That was our first choice, but we are in two Pop rooms instead.

Rejoyce - Disney talk isn't off topic at all! I think a Disney solo trip could be a lot of fun
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #2937
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Any ideas of things to point out to them in each park that helps show how great disney is? Ya know the little details that separates Disney from the rest. Really like for my Dad to drink the Disney Kool-Aid.
Depending on how much you are able to spend, the Keys to the Kingdom Tour is a nice introduction to DW and MK. Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land is much cheaper ($18 I think) and a neat view of DW environmental efforts. A hidden Mickey scavenger hunt is always fun for the whole family, at the parks and the resorts.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #2938
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just did one night there to appease the little ones. It is more expensive, well not much for my family of 5, but I figured it would be worth it. We are going on our last night, so just spending the day there and relaxing! Kinda like going to one of the parks without all the hassle! No dining plan though since it is one night...I'm not sure what is available for multiple nights.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #2939
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think a solo trip is a wonderful idea.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #2940
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Hey all, 63 days here.

Hello to all my fellow Jersey girls Although I'm not really near you, I used to be exit 114, but now I'm not even an exit, well, at least not on the Parkway. We won't be going Jersey Week though, we home school so we will head down after you all get back.

I'm totally going to put a green Mickey head on whatever bag I decide to bring. That is so cute.

As for the weather in Florida in November, I figure that by that time Jersey will already have had a major snowstorm (probably near Halloween again) so no matter how weird the weather will be in Florida it probably won't faze me. I don't really get cold so with the pools heated to 80-82 I will probably swim as long as it is above 50.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: