Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #2896
ccjmjzh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Thank so much for the answers. We are just looking to split some of our QS meals. How big are the meals at qs?
They are always filling. Often, my husband and I split without a problem, to make our DP meal credits go further. Certainly kids splitting a meal would feed 2 or more, depending on their ages.

That being said, there is definitely variation in the amount of food at different QS places (and even from meal to meal at the same place). With a little research, you can go in prepared to purchase meals that are more filling when you split them. Cosmic Ray's and Flame Tree BBQ are two that come to mind. They have some meals with huge portions that are certainly easy to share.
ccjmjzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #2897
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet View Post
Hi there!!
I am a November newbie!!

we are going 11/9-11/17 at CBR!!!! I can't wait.

Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we got in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???
I'll make sure to get you on the first post!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #2898
supradupafast
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Does everyone have their LGMHs? :-)
LGMHs ? Help out a Forum newbie

Upcoming:
Jan 14' - ? Suggestions ?

(I think I'm addicted to Disney now!)
supradupafast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #2899
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Showed DH the Glow Ears video and he sent me more pictures of other princess ears I might also want to get. And a silver sequin headband minnie ears. LOL
Too funny.

He knows how much I need this vacation. Tough day yesterday and now just waiting to see what the rest of today will bring. So far no crisis calls.

I threatened everyone I was leaving for the airport last night to just wait for my plane.

67 days to go!
I may or may not own sequined Minnie ears. ;-)

I want to buy DS Pirate ears for our trip. And I keep looking at the cute pink girl pirate one. Which I need like a hole in the head. *lol*

I'll probably buy DS the glow ears though. He will love them. So I may not do the pirate ones too. It's a budget trip. Though of course it's also his birthday.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #2900
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Showed DH the Glow Ears video and he sent me more pictures of other princess ears I might also want to get. And a silver sequin headband minnie ears. LOL
Too funny.

He knows how much I need this vacation. Tough day yesterday and now just waiting to see what the rest of today will bring. So far no crisis calls.

I threatened everyone I was leaving for the airport last night to just wait for my plane.

67 days to go!
I had gotten Minnie ears for my daughter with a changeable bow and my middle son a Perry cap so I was not going to get any Mickey ears, let alone $25 glow ears, figuring they may or may not wear them, although I'm sure they will love to look at them. They are SOOO tempting though, especially with my sister trying to talk me into them. I wonder how it would go over if I got them for myself only? LOL!
Hope your day is going better today....

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #2901
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradupafast View Post

LGMHs ? Help out a Forum newbie
Lime Green Mickey Head - the DIS symbol used to identify each other on the park. They used to be Mickey-shaped paint chips you could get from Home Depot. But they don't have those anymore.

You can find ones to print out from the Creative DISign board. I'm on my iPad right now but I'll post a link when I'm at my computer.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #2902
ammag
DIS Veteran

I am making a lime Mickey head!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #2903
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Here's the ones we used for Dec last year. There's a blank one.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1828
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #2904
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And I keep looking at the cute pink girl pirate one. Which I need like a hole in the head. *lol*
My mom has those! Just her and my stepdad went a few years back- they were like two little kids!

The boys each have the original Mickey ears with their names from their first trip. DH has the Sorcerer Mickey hat with ears. He got me the pink princess ones with the crown and veil when we were there for my b-day in '06. I admit I wear them around the house sometimes...

2013 Pre-trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post49361617

2013 Trip Report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post50187824

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013

Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #2905
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjmjzh View Post
They are always filling. Often, my husband and I split without a problem, to make our DP meal credits go further. Certainly kids splitting a meal would feed 2 or more, depending on their ages.

That being said, there is definitely variation in the amount of food at different QS places (and even from meal to meal at the same place). With a little research, you can go in prepared to purchase meals that are more filling when you split them. Cosmic Ray's and Flame Tree BBQ are two that come to mind. They have some meals with huge portions that are certainly easy to share.
When I went with my youngest son just the 2 of us, he was 14 and I paid out of pocket for food. After two meals of him eating part of it and telling me he was full, I would have him order, cut it in half and share it. Worked way better and then later we got snacks. The burgers themself were double the size we normally eat. So he ate the fries and I added a side salad. Worked.
Honestly I was thinking my DH and I might share a burger if they are still that big. I eat mostly salad so the shared burger would be enough. We'll have to see what his appetite is like. Maybe pack for the end of the trip the less snug pants.

Quote:
I may or may not own sequined Minnie ears. ;-)

I want to buy DS Pirate ears for our trip. And I keep looking at the cute pink girl pirate one. Which I need like a hole in the head. *lol*

I'll probably buy DS the glow ears though. He will love them. So I may not do the pirate ones too. It's a budget trip. Though of course it's also his birthday.
Giggles! I want to vacation with you. I have a tiara and I wore it to MK my last trip with my friend. I keep debating this time.
I will definite buy the glow ears if it appears to be worth when I'll be wherever. Not gonna plan this part out. This will be on the moment decision. I know when I come back if they do glow at home, my DS21 with Autism will love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I had gotten Minnie ears for my daughter with a changeable bow and my middle son a Perry cap so I was not going to get any Mickey ears, let alone $25 glow ears, figuring they may or may not wear them, although I'm sure they will love to look at them. They are SOOO tempting though, especially with my sister trying to talk me into them. I wonder how it would go over if I got them for myself only? LOL!
Hope your day is going better today....
Thanks Cara. It was an up and down day that continued into today. In brief summary.....DS21 is starting to really show anxiety of me going on vacation with my husband. Seems like all we are doing to prepare him (as advised by the Autism experts) are making it worse.

Thanks for asking. appreciated.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #2906
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet
Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we go in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???
We are in N AL, and even here Novembers are crazily unpredictable. For our 8 day trip (during which I have access to laundry facilities if needed) I plan to pack 2 pairs of long pants/jeans, 2-3 capris, and 2 pairs of shorts. Probably 1-2 long sleeve shirts, 1-2 tank tops, 4 short sleeve, and definitely a fleece hoodie. I'm waffling on whether to bring hats or gloves as long as everyone has a hoodie w/ pockets, bc sometimes I go overboard trying to pack for contingencies and we never use the stuff, but then again sometimes we do and it saves us cash. I don't want to be buying sweatshirts, pants, or jackets, but I suppose I could handle picking up a few pairs of gloves. For the boys I'm going to try to find a couple pairs of pants w/ zip-off lower legs, and for dd I'm hoping to pack mix-and-match stuff like plain short sleeve shirts and leggings to layer under dresses, tunics, and tanks. That way we can all shed layers as the day warms then put them back on as the evening cools. :-)
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #2907
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

When I went with my youngest son just the 2 of us, he was 14 and I paid out of pocket for food. After two meals of him eating part of it and telling me he was full, I would have him order, cut it in half and share it. Worked way better and then later we got snacks. The burgers themself were double the size we normally eat. So he ate the fries and I added a side salad. Worked.
Honestly I was thinking my DH and I might share a burger if they are still that big. I eat mostly salad so the shared burger would be enough. We'll have to see what his appetite is like. Maybe pack for the end of the trip the less snug pants.

Giggles! I want to vacation with you. I have a tiara and I wore it to MK my last trip with my friend. I keep debating this time.
I will definite buy the glow ears if it appears to be worth when I'll be wherever. Not gonna plan this part out. This will be on the moment decision. I know when I come back if they do glow at home, my DS21 with Autism will love them.

Thanks Cara. It was an up and down day that continued into today. In brief summary.....DS21 is starting to really show anxiety of me going on vacation with my husband. Seems like all we are doing to prepare him (as advised by the Autism experts) are making it worse.

Thanks for asking. appreciated.
Hope your day is better tomorrow. My boy had a rough day today too. I understand about the prepping though, and battle that decision most every day. Sometimes I feel it just builds more anxiety.
Who knows, I may break down and buy those darn Mickey glow ears too. My autism spectrum boy does loves rainbows and all things shiny and sparkly. I guess for $10 more than the the double bubble Mickey balloon (and he adores balloons too), I could have something we can bring home. It just is hard to think about when I have to multiply by 3, cause clearly they all will want one! And to be completely honest, if one of them does not wear theirs, I will!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #2908
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Woohoo!!!!

Paid off balance today & now just have to wait to do online check in next week, get MB's(hopefully), do FP+ & get my Mickey Mail. That actually seems like a lot of stuff still, lol. Nov 17th can't come soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #2909
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

80 more days - sigh!

I just called member services for the Disney Magical Express a few minutes ago.

We will be buying park ticket and Amy's transfers next.

We are buying MVMCP tickets when it gets closer and we can see what the weather will be.

We will buy Photopass+ maybe 20 days out.

I still need to do the math to determine if we should buy a dining plan for our 1 night reservation (we have a 1 night studio at BLT which we added to our trip to save on airfare). We can get a dining plan on this day and use it for 2 days. Other option is Tables in Wonderland which will cover all our ADRs including those beyond what dining plan will cover. Gotta do the math but I keep checking DISBoards instead!

And now gotta add those Mickey ears to our budget- lol! The only one we had belongs to DS4 from his godmother when we went to Disneyland. I was waiting for these ears! DH may not one and DS1 may simply want one because his big brother has one. So 3 minimum - lol!

DS1 also LOVES balloons and thank God for dollar stores or those stores who gives them away for free. I don't know how many balloons we will have from this trip. This little guy can scream very loudly when he wants something and DH always gives in. Tsk, tsk!

Then I get 2 40th, 1 60th bday parties, Halloween and Thanksgiving in between! My DS4 is turning 5 on 10/28 and has requested a Paw Patrol bday party at Chuck E Cheese's last week. He said he wants to invite all 19 of his Pre-K friends!
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #2910
supradupafast
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=Tltorrez;49529994]Here's the ones we used for Dec last year. There's a blank one.

Don't remember seeing anyone with those last March. People just print and Pin them ?

Upcoming:
Jan 14' - ? Suggestions ?

(I think I'm addicted to Disney now!)
supradupafast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: