Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #2881
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Thank so much for the answers. We are just looking to split some of our QS meals. How big are the meals at qs?

JUNE 2010- POFQ NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC Septmber 2015- Caribbean Beach Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #2882
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneSparrow View Post
Thank you so much for mentioning the Glow with the show ears here! I actually started a thread back in July with title Mickey Ears asking about these because I saw the World of Color videos with them. Back then I was told that WDW don't have these. I am so excited and would definitely purchase 4!!!! Are they expensive? Any links that has more details about this? I wonder if Fantasmic will be included too but I'm happy with Osborne Lights alone. :-)
I've heard they run about $25 or $26 a hat.

Disney Parks Blog says, "The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”

No Illuminations though...

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #2883
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
So excited for the Glow with the Show ears!! I will definitely be splurging on these, I can see it now....

DH: '$25 for a pair of ears??!!??'
Me: (whiney voice initiated)'But they are shiney and they glow and they flash in time to the music and we are at Disney and it will add to the magic and...'
DH: 'Here! Take my wallet, just please stop whining!!'
Me: 'I'll go get a pair for me and the princess'
DH: 'What about me??'
Me: 'Oh?, I thought they were too much?'
DH: (whiney DH voice) 'I WANT TO SPARKLE AND LIGHT UP TOO!!'

About the dining plan I assume as you are only paying child prices then you get a child's meal? This will be our first time on the DDP so I don't know the in's and out's of it but I am sure someone here will have the answer
:rofl: I wish my DH would be that willing.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #2884
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
I've heard they run about $25 or $26 a hat.

Disney Parks Blog says, "The magical Mickey Ear Hats will make their debut with Fantasmic! on October 15, a date that also happens to mark the 15th anniversary of the nighttime spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Also, beginning on October 19, “Glow with the Show” Ears will become part of “Wishes” fireworks and the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show at Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park. And during the holiday season, be sure to wear your Ears for special surprises during The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights and performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.”

No Illuminations though...
I now have an excuse to purchase Mickey Ears!

It'll be my first time to WDW, so these new shows/additions are making me wish November was closer!
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #2885
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Thank so much for the answers. We are just looking to split some of our QS meals. How big are the meals at qs?
I think they are pretty good portions - my husband and I will often split a QS to spread out our dining credits.

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Ashlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #2886
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Are any of you doing Blizzard Beach or the WPF&M ticket option?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #2887
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Yes. Even though I am not sure we will be going to Blizzard Beach (because, you know, Typhoon Lagoon closes the weekend before we get there ), I purchased the option because it was cheaper to do DisneyQuest that way. Hubby has been chopping at the bit since 2006 to go and I love videogames, too.

So, I hope we get to enjoy!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #2888
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradupafast View Post
POP in 53 Days (Nov 1st)
Can't wait I'm sure i'll walk by some of you there.
Does everyone have their LGMHs? :-)
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #2889
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smplicty29 View Post
Called Dining tonight to see if I could make changes to 4 of our dining reservations. MDE acts funny sometimes, rather the just saying nothing is available it tells you to call. Of course I couldn't change anything, so frustrating. I really think the parks are going to be much more crowded with the free dining.
I don't think it particularly affects the parks. Just the restaurants. Unless they're using a travel agent, most people still go to Disney without any knowledge of discounts.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #2890
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
We will be buying our tickets from Orbitz through Ebates and will get 2 WPF&M more with the option that we are buying. See details below:

Want Value and Extra Benefits? Our special Pay for 3, Play for 5 offer on 5-day Magic Your Way Tickets with Water Park Fun & More Option not only gives you 2 more days of Disney Theme Parks, but 2 more Water Park Fun and More too!

So yes, we are going to Blizzard Beach if the weather is nice. Otherwise, we will use both at Disney Quest.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #2891
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
I think some places are much bigger than others. I know that last 2 times at Cosmic Rays I could not finish the turkey wrap.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #2892
MrsNesbet
Earning My Ears

Hi there!!
I am a November newbie!!

we are going 11/9-11/17 at CBR!!!! I can't wait.

Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we got in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???

Our trips:
'97 - offsite (school band trip)
'11 - POP (1st family trip)
'12 - POR (we got the Disney bug)
'13 - CBR (we are bringing Grandma!!)
'14 - ??? ready to start planning!!!
MrsNesbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #2893
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet View Post
Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we got in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???
This is always an interesting question. One year we were there first week of November, and the cold weather (40s to 50s) caught even DW off guard. They had mobile racks of the previous years sweatshirts packed into the stores, next to the summer wear! Have several sweatshirts and hats from that year! We have also had the first week of November be so hot we wanted to change into dry clothes each late afternoon.

I would pay close attention to the weather reports and not finalize your packing until just before you leave. Hope this helps!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #2894
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbet View Post
Hi there!!
I am a November newbie!!

we are going 11/9-11/17 at CBR!!!! I can't wait.

We only go in November, and I have to tell you the weather is so crazy!!! In '04 the weather was amazing, lots of swimming and short sleeved shirts. In '05 we were in Full Winter gear!!! Coats, gloves, pants, etc. Last few times a mixed bag. I would definitely recommend short sleeved shirts for day, and bring along a light jacket or sweatshirt for night. I typically wear jeans. Last year out of 2 weeks, only two of those days were hot enough for swimming. If you are staying in a resort with laundry, I'd definitely bring a few summery items and wintertime items. You can always wash and reuse so you don't have to bring a ton of luggage. I do have to tell you that it's amazing time to go, ESP. if you're big on Christmas. They do an amazing job! Enjoy!!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #2895
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Showed DH the Glow Ears video and he sent me more pictures of other princess ears I might also want to get. And a silver sequin headband minnie ears. LOL
Too funny.

He knows how much I need this vacation. Tough day yesterday and now just waiting to see what the rest of today will bring. So far no crisis calls.

I threatened everyone I was leaving for the airport last night to just wait for my plane.

67 days to go!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: