Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2776
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Personally, I like online check in because the resort knows you're coming. When I checked in for the upcoming trip, I don't remember if there was a comment box, but there were request options, like which floor would you prefer, which wing, etc. Online checkin also gives the resort the opportunity to have your room ready if you are going to be in early. We usually are, and not only is our room ready (9am ) but a CM greeted us by name when our car dropped us off! You do still get to talk to a CM for the checkin process and have any questions answered. Of course you can always call reservations for requests too; I have always found them very helpful.
Maybe this might be a good idea. We have a wheelchair assesable room at POR. I guess usually the have you on the first floor depending the section your in. (Like no elevators in the AB section) but my mother whould prefer second or third floors so at least I could mention this. Our room only reservation is at pofq garden view and didn't request a wheelchair assesable room since it was only for one night.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2777
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is normal. It will change to Customize MB if your resort becomes part of the testing or if full roll out happens. From what I have been reading, MDE can switch to Customize 60, 30, or even 17 days before your reservation. Do, you just need to keep an eye on it.

I have now gone TWO days without looking at MDE! I don't think I will make it through today, however, because it is not a busy day.
Thanks!! My check in isn't until mid November so I know it's not time for me yet I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #2778
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakstef View Post

Thanks for some positive news! The plan is to get there by 8. We are renting a car and are normally out of the house each morning dressed and feed by 7:15, so getting up and going early is not a problem. The kids are 8 and 5. We are kind of set with Mama Melrose because of the Fantasmic package. The only things that they are excited about are Jedi Training, Star Tours and Fantasmic - anything else will be a bonus to them.
The plan so far is for DH to take DD (8) to Jedi Training sign up, (per Google Earth it's 1/4 mile from the gate to the sign up, they have been running for weeks to build up speed), DS and I will go to Toy Mania for FP. There is only 1 Fantasmic show that day.
The kids do fairly well waiting on lines and we do have 2 nights at the end of the week, when we go to AK and BB that we could go back to HS and catch anything we've missed.
We are planning this first trip with the idea that we will definitely go back, most likely in 2018 when the Star Wars part of HS opens.
Sounds like a perfectly fine plan. FWIW, there is no longer a stampede to TSM. Now that they filter people through the turnstiles before park open, it works so much better.

Also, they sometimes add a second Fantasmic at this time of year. Hard to predict. But if you have the package, you'll be fine.

No worries. There will be crowds but you'll be far better prepared than anyone else. You'll have a great time.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #2779
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Oh thank goodness. I missed that, but I would have been so worried about him. I mean what fun is a non-dancing banana? : )
That's the one downside to using the iPad app. I really wanted the dancing banana yesterday.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #2780
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

67 days today!! Whoop!!!
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #2781
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
67 days today!! Whoop!!!
Down to 56 for us! And I made it TWO WHOLE DAYS without checking MDE. Luckily work was really busy. Of course, I've checked it several times today; checking for Customize MB to magically appear, or FP+. And I had to compare web based versus iPad app versus smartphone app. Important research.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2782
yankeesmom21
Mouseketeer

Trying to read through the last 30 pages of this thread! This is our first time staying on property - I'm excited to read all the positive reviews of the resort, I was a little nervous about staying
here. We just have a standard room for our family of 4....I didn't request any specific building - should I?? What would all you experts recommend?
yankeesmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #2783
troll buster
Mouseketeer

77 days!
troll buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #2784
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21 View Post
Trying to read through the last 30 pages of this thread! This is our first time staying on property - I'm excited to read all the positive reviews of the resort, I was a little nervous about staying
here. We just have a standard room for our family of 4....I didn't request any specific building - should I?? What would all you experts recommend?
I haven't requested anything specific because I don't have kids with me to need the big deal pool or easy access to the food area.

I guess it depends on how much your vacation will be ruined for you if you are not at the "it" places. Not sure there is a "bad" place to stay as each area has it's own perks. Keep reading. You have time to request if you feel you need to. I doubt requesting now verses a week or so before you vacation will matter.

No expert, just my thinking.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #2785
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21 View Post
Since it's your first time, I don't think you need to request anything in particular. When you go again next year you will have a better idea of what works for your family.

I would recommend that at check in, you mention it is your first time and ask the CM what they recommend for your family. If there are rooms available, you may end up with a magical upgrade!

Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #2786
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since it's your first time, I don't think you need to request anything in particular. When you go again next year you will have a better idea of what works for your family.

I would recommend that at check in, you mention it is your first time and ask the CM what they recommend for your family. If there are rooms available, you may end up with a magical upgrade!
I like the way you think!
I kind of have that "surprise me" attitude.
I've never stayed at CSR and when we were deciding where to go I thought "nah" but FD took me from POFQ. So I'm hoping that the CM makes me love CSR.

When I was calling to switch my reservation to FD, the CM said "well aren't you like most people and will only be there to sleep?" and my answer was pretty much yes because if we go to the pool it might be an hour out of the day. Tooo much to do for me to sit by the pool all week.

My most worry was where to catch the bus, but since each section has a bus stop.....no problem.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #2787
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
When I was calling to switch my reservation to FD, the CM said "well aren't you like most people and will only be there to sleep?" and my answer was pretty much yes because if we go to the pool it might be an hour out of the day. Tooo much to do for me to sit by the pool all week.
Very true! Except for AKL. When we stay there, it always takes MUCH longer to get out of the room. "Look! The giraffe are walking this way!"

Old 09-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2788
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

This is our first time staying at one of the All Star resorts! All Star Music!! Any recommendations for room requests or insider info on the resort?

DisneyWorld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 1990 Off Property
DisneyWorld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
DisneyLand 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip DisneyLand 2009 Day Trip
DisneyWorld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
rabbruzzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #2789
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbruzzetti View Post
This is our first time staying at one of the All Star resorts! All Star Music!! Any recommendations for room requests or insider info on the resort?
If you search the threads there are resort specific posts that give all the ins and outs of what people like and don't like and recommendations on room requests and so on. Those threads might help those of you looking for recommendations since this group is a mish mash of where people stay, but those are all about that resort and people from year round.

Hope you can find them and they help as the CSR one helped me.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #2790
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
If you search the threads there are resort specific posts that give all the ins and outs of what people like and don't like and recommendations on room requests and so on. Those threads might help those of you looking for recommendations since this group is a mish mash of where people stay, but those are all about that resort and people from year round.

Hope you can find them and they help as the CSR one helped me.
Thanks!! I will check them out. I have been to Disney World 5 times now but this is the first time going in November and not staying at Fort Wilderness. It feels like my first visit all over again!!

DisneyWorld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 1990 Off Property
DisneyWorld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
DisneyWorld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
DisneyLand 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip DisneyLand 2009 Day Trip
DisneyWorld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
rabbruzzetti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: