Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #2731
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I'm not sure why I feel the need to know what the wait times are in September.
HA! I was studying those last night too!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #2732
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Too funny those of you checking the wait times in September.

I've been ok with not doing a daily check of MDE but I can't stop coming back to check the DIS board. I keep saying I can take a day off, but it's not working.
At this point I don't know what more I would need to know. LOL

My other obsession is trying to figure out what I can pay for with my Disney Visa to earn more rewards so that I can schedule another Disney vacation. Dah I haven't even gone on my November vacation.

Then just got off the Disney store site to see what was on sale since I get 15% off of $50. Nope didn't spend anything. LOL

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #2733
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Too funny those of you checking the wait times in September.

I've been ok with not doing a daily check of MDE but I can't stop coming back to check the DIS board. I keep saying I can take a day off, but it's not working.
At this point I don't know what more I would need to know. LOL

My other obsession is trying to figure out what I can pay for with my Disney Visa to earn more rewards so that I can schedule another Disney vacation. Dah I haven't even gone on my November vacation.

Then just got off the Disney store site to see what was on sale since I get 15% off of $50. Nope didn't spend anything. LOL
Yeah, there is no way I can stay away from the DIS now. Unless I'm not near any sort of electronic device!

And I have discovered it takes quite a bit of planning to figure out when to use the Disney Visa (Debit) for discounts and my SW Visa for points. Love getting free flights!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #2734
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Yeah, there is no way I can stay away from the DIS now. Unless I'm not near any sort of electronic device!

And I have discovered it takes quite a bit of planning to figure out when to use the Disney Visa (Debit) for discounts and my SW Visa for points. Love getting free flights!
Oh I'm sure I'll be tempted to do a jetblue card to earn flight points next as the local airport is small and only Jetblue flies out of this airport. Right now this will be new and starts in November a week or two before I use it.
Thus makes going to Disney so much more convenient and tempting than in the past and so far I can get reasonable flights so more addiction to keep watching. sigh.

Glad there are people out there that understand why this is so addicting.
Unfortunately I would have to lose my phone to not have access to DIS but at least between my eyesight and pain of typing on there, I can really only post from the laptop. So that gives me some kind of break. LOL

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 09-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #2735
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
What is the majority saying the best park is?
I'm using crowd calendars too and we'll be in disney on the 10th of November. Mk ranks the lowest on 11/11 due to the mvmcp that night. Most people holding tickets for the party will most likely go to the other parks then head to mk around 4pm.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #2736
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
HA! I was studying those last night too!
It's totally logical right? I mean you never know when knowing the wait times for September 5th might come in handy for our November trips.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #2737
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We do this too! Constantly trying to figure out if our next purchase is needed on SW to get a free flight or on Disney Visa to get rewards points!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #2738
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Add me to the "checking my credit card rewards" on an almost daily basis. I get cash back on my Capital One......can you say Dooney & Bourke bag? Seriously, hubby demands that that's what I use my rewards for.

And speaking of D&B bags....did you guys see the new Haunted Mansion one that will be released next week?!?! I love it! But it's really, really big (tote sized) not to mention expensive. I'm hoping they introduce some smaller sizes by Halloween.

As for visiting the DIS on a daily basis: yes. Absolutely. I visit the FB group multiple times each day as well as coming on the DIS. I'm hoping that now that school has started it will be busy, busy, busy and the time to the trip will fly by.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #2739
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Where did you see UT calling for a 1 for HS for November 11th? I see the day overall has a 4, but I don't see where UT ranks the individual parks by numbers, just the list showing which park is recommended and which isn't. No parks seem to be recommended for that day by UT. Since HS has extra magic hours I can see why easyWDW doesn't recommend it, but at least AK has morning EMH which may relieve a bit of the rope drop crowds from HS. However, there isn't any MSEP that night and MK had EMH the night before so I would think HS would be pretty crowded (relatively speaking).
Yeah I don't see a number on UT either.

Josh explains each day's ratings - his Nov 11th DHS explanation - "Hollywood Studios will be busy due to the evening Extra Magic Hours that are popular with Disney resort guests. The short hours at Magic Kingdom will also cause a lot of people to look elsewhere and they’ll find the Studios’ longer hours of operation and plentiful evening entertainment to be extremely attractive. The morning will be an okay time to tour, but crowds will increase around 11am as more and more Disney resort guests arrive. Because of that, there’s really no reason to head in that direction today. Plus, there are only a few attractions open during evening Extra Magic Hours and the waits for Toy Story Mania, Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours will likely be just as long as they were during the day until after 10pm when people begin to give up and exit. Fantasmic also dumps 9,000+ people on Sunset Boulevard at 7pm, which is right next to Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Guess where most of those people will be headed? If you’re staying for evening Extra Magic Hours, your best bet is always to save these headlining attractions for the very end of the night and visit Toy Story Mania last. Still, the Studios is going to be swamped, relatively speaking, and yesterday or tomorrow would be better. Thursday will be the least crowded day of the week to visit, but the 4pm close is awfully early."

I do like EMH though so I check crowd calendars, and then evaluate what makes sense for our family.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #2740
Farps
Mouseketeer

Please help!!!

Something is wrong with my IPhone and IPad . Every time that I use either one of them they immediately direct me to a Disney website. any help would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I should just call Apple .
Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #2741
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farps View Post
Something is wrong with my IPhone and IPad . Every time that I use either one of them they immediately direct me to a Disney website. any help would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I should just call Apple .
LOL!!! That's so funny because that's what my kids say about me and my computer and phone too!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #2742
Ashlander
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited - booked Nov 16th - 23rd this morning at POR. We were going to wait until February, but the cost savings with free dining sucked me in! I can't wait! Now to decide whether to surprise the kids or not Luckily I had already made dining reservations months ago when we first talked about going in November.

Me, DH, DS(11), DD(10), DD(8)

Ashlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #2743
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
I'm so excited - booked Nov 16th - 23rd this morning at POR. We were going to wait until February, but the cost savings with free dining sucked me in! I can't wait! Now to decide whether to surprise the kids or not Luckily I had already made dining reservations months ago when we first talked about going in November.
I'll be there too at the same time! We arrive on the 14th and leave on the 23rd!
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #2744
no1steelerfn
Mouseketeer

Our first Disney Trip ever and first for our very excited 5 year old Cinderella is getting so close!!! November 8-16th!!!!! Everything just paid off!!!!
no1steelerfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #2745
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farps View Post
Must be something with the internet because I don't have Apple products but experiencing the same issue.

You all are on my gratitude list for being able to let me know I'm not alone.
I wanted to do group hug but think it's hysterical that when I want an icon/smiley it's not in this easy column.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: