Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #2671
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateavocado View Post
I forgot to ask, do yoou have a kid(s) dining with you? We'll have our ds6. He loves new places & is very good in restaurants. The kids menu showed pizza & pasta so he should be fine. If he doesn't eat much of it, I can get him something back at the resort.
Yes my DD(18)

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #2672
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Ours it 7:35 pm I love the appetizers may just pay OOP and have appetizers and dessert, decisions decisions
sorry double post

1st WDW trip- Nov 2013 @ The Polynesian
chocolateavocado is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #2673
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Aw, thank you both! It's a family trait to hurt oneself while working. I've just never needed stitches or major medical attention for it before. lol My brother messaged me that we should all have the EMTs on standby or at least call the firehouse when we're doing something. And the only reason I went and got the stitches is because I used to be an EMT and I knew the location and depth weren't a good combo. No biggie.... I'll be fine tomorrow. It's the tentanus shot that's killing me.....I can barely move my arm above my shoulder.
Sorry about your injury. I felt like I could have written it myself. I'm a walking accident site. Even when I'm just cooking I burn myself. It's the running joke in my family. A holiday doesn't go by that I'm not sitting there with a finger or two in a bowl of ice water.

As for the tetanus shot, it has definitely gotten worse since they added the Pertussis booster to it. Last time I got one I whined for a whole day - annd used it as an excuse to order pizza in
Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #2674
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Woot. Woot 80 days.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #2675
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Just realized I have been following and posting on this thread and have never announced my vacation days!

Nov. 1 Arrive in Orlando (technically Nov 2, we land at midnight) Overnight in an airport hotel.

Nov. 2 Towncar to WL for checkin (or bag check, as it will be around 9am).
Off to EP for the morning Cheese Seminar (love Rogue Valley cheese!)
Find our picture on the Leave a Legacy wall
Party for the Senses in the evening

Nov. 3 Another day at EP
Jeweled acrobats, Matsuriza, Mo' Rockin, and Off Kilter at some point
French Regional Lunch
Malestrom, Test Track, Soarin', Mission Space (orange!), and The Land

Nov. 4 Wild By Design Tour at AK
Lunch or snack at Yak and Yeti
Everest (perhaps before lunch...)
Drink at Dawa Bar to watch the Jammin Jungle parade
Mahi Mahi culinary demonstration at EP

Nov. 5 MK for SM, PotC, BTMR, and HM
Tour and taste the new offerings of Fantasy Land
Back to EP for the afternoon Mendoza wines seminar

Nov. 6 HS day to ride, several times, RnRC (all time favorite!) and maybe ToT, maybe
Boat ride back to EP for an evening culinary demo

Nov. 7 Our last day
After check out, off to EP to revisit our favorite booths
Looks great!!!! and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Sorry about your injury. I felt like I could have written it myself. I'm a walking accident site. Even when I'm just cooking I burn myself. It's the running joke in my family. A holiday doesn't go by that I'm not sitting there with a finger or two in a bowl of ice water.

As for the tetanus shot, it has definitely gotten worse since they added the Pertussis booster to it. Last time I got one I whined for a whole day - annd used it as an excuse to order pizza in
Thank you. It's no big deal, but I always feel like a prize idiot after an injury like this, especially when I'm doing something cool and macho like installing a whole sink and drain system (I have 4 brothers, hubby has 4 sisters....I'm soooo the guy in our relationship. ). But it's definitely hereditary: my mom (stepmom but totally my mom) called me yesterday: my dad is installing new garage doors at his house....he bonked himself on the head pretty hard and my grandfather slit his finger (which needs stitches, but he's too stubborn to get) during the installation. We're just walking disaster areas. As my mom says, we wouldn't be who we are if we didn't injure ourselves when working around the house!

OK...and I've really gotta get those D&B pics for you guys (the shoes aren't in yet....I'm thinking by the end of the week). I had to bribe my youngest up from a nap (he fell asleep around 5:30) with a game of Toy Story Mania and totally blanked on the pics.

OK....now I have to start working. I swear I had a meeting today and I'm all dressed up and when I looked at my calendar....it's tomorrow. Leave it to me to have the date wrong for a meeting. Now, what will I wear tomorrow? (I look really nice right now)

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #2676
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post

We're at 59 days! Amazing how much your plans jive with ours! Here's our list so far...
Wed Oct 30 - leave CT with a stop in MD then leave around 9pm
Thurs Oct 31 - check in at FW cabins then DTD for Earl and Walmart for groceries
Fri Nov 1 - 8am CP ADR then MK for am, break, MNSSHP at night
Sat Nov 2 - HS day then MK for MSEP and maybe Wishes
Sun Nov 3 - IOA (we were going to do AK but wanted to split up our 2 Universal days)
Mon Nov 4 - Epcot with Rose and Crown dinner for Illuminations
Tues Nov 5 - off day with Chef Mickey dinner (maybe see Wishes on boat ride back to FW)
Mine overlaps the same park days as well.

Thu Oct 31 -Arrive at my Mom's house.
Fri, Nov 1 - MK then dinner and Hallowishes at Poly
Sat, Nov 2 -AK
Sun, Nov 3 -Off
Mon, Nov 4 - DHS morning then Epcot for F&W then back to DHS for Fantasmic. (And if we're not totally wiped, back to Epcot for Illuminations.)

Should be a pretty low-key trip since most of our park time will be taken up with Pirates Adventure, SOTMK and Wilderness Explorers. We'll just do a few headliners in the morning.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #2677
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Here are my Dooney & Bourke's

Hoping to add while we are there
You have all 3 of these! So cool! Although I guess it is hard to choose just one. I could narrow it down to 2 though ( # 1 / # 2). Of course that would require me to make the plunge and spend the money in the first place!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #2678
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Too funny on the packing but not on the mice. You must live in a very isolated area/old house or you need to get yourself a pest control guy.
We had mice get into a few of our things years ago but thankfully never a huge problem.

I have a couple extra weeks to go before you, but as soon as I stop needing things because our weather gets cooler, I'll be putting them in suit case instead of elsewhere.

My husband and I got away a couple days this weekend. The whole time we kept talking about how Disney was going to be so nice. Too funny he has the bug and is watching videos on Youtube. Glad he is getting into this. Will make exploring the WORLD much more fun.

Can't wait to see the shoes Figmentchick.
I tried to check out Zulilly but when it asked me to sign up for an account I decided it wasn't worth looking. I would be interested in pictures from whoever ordered the Disney Sandals. they sound CUTE.
I'll post pics of the Disney Birkwnstock's when they arrive!
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December/January 2010/2011 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December/January 2011/2012 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December/January 2012/2013 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December/January 2013/2014 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 CSR/BLT - August 2014 POR/VWL- September 2014 SSR - December/January 2014/2015 BWV/AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (15) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #2679
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

I checked today and am down to 68 days. Pretty stoked! We do final payments with our TA a bit earlier than 45 days--so on the 13th. Then I'll be able to link everything to MDE (hopefully) and it will be more real.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #2680
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
You have all 3 of these! So cool! Although I guess it is hard to choose just one. I could narrow it down to 2 though ( # 1 / # 2). Of course that would require me to make the plunge and spend the money in the first place!
These were purchssed over 3 separate trips. Hoping they have some new ones in November. I do take turns otherwise my Coach bags get jealous

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #2681
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Okay last year we drive so no ME, we have our flights book...what do I have to do now?

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #2682
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

2 Months from today I will be in Disney! Time is flying by now.

Ordered our Park tickets today from UT.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #2683
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

OK...finally have time to share my Dooney & Bourke bags....

The last one is my favorite (even though it's kinda big for me). Hubby bought it for me for the winter holidays this past year. Can't wait to see if they have anything new this trip!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #2684
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Dooney bags are cute but I am not a Disney freak enough.
I rather have the $$ to plan another vacation.
I'm so happy all of you have the joy of owning them. And I did a search for the Disney Birkies too and they are cute.

I'll be looking for you all in the parks. Oh wait! You probably won't be carrying a purse. LOL Ok will be watching your feet.

Thanks for sharing pictures everyone. Made me smile.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #2685
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

My first Dooney bag was a gift to myself after I sold my grandmother's antique dressers (I just couldn't justify letting my children "hurt" them when they would look nice in someone else's home). The two black ones I got waaay cheap on eBay, but they both had their certificates and are registered with D&B. And I only got the one gift for the holidays last year. Hubby asked me what I wanted and it was a way to bridge the long two years between Disney trips.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: