Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Just hanging out in our room for a few minutes before we head back out to DHS for Fantasmic tonight and 6:30 TSM fast passes.

We are considering a water park day next week and wondering which park you guys would pick? Should we do one park or maybe upgrade one day ticket to season pass which is cheaper than 2 single day tickets, Then we are set for the entire year?

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Forgot to mention that on the way down, I passed dozens of utility trucks heading south to help in restoring power. 8,500 customers without power in Dade and 4,500 in Broward. Called the neighbors but they didn't answer so don't know if we have power or not. FPL (our utility company) has a site that shows power outages in the state. All of South Florida (from east to west coast) is red meaning lots of outages.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #33
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Forgot to mention that on the way down, I passed dozens of utility trucks heading south to help in restoring power. 8,500 customers without power in Dade and 4,500 in Broward. Called the neighbors but they didn't answer so don't know if we have power or not. FPL (our utility company) has a site that shows power outages in the state. All of South Florida (from east to west coast) is red meaning lots of outages.
Good luck with the power CJ!

Going to head out with the kids of an early Sunday Dinner. Found a local restaurant I like, and haven't been to in a while, that has Kids Eat Free on Sundays.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 08-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #34
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

My official entry in the Beverly Contest....

Sorry DW had her finger over the mic for part of it... unintentional I assure you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrxkgjtAXKA

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 08-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

Sorry DW had her finger over the mic for part of it... unintentional I assure you.

13 impressive, looks like u were gonna lose it a few times there lol
Old 08-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #36
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I come back and you guys already have a new room, Great Job Don
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Have fun! Me, I'm heading out to my soccer game on another nice warm, humid evening. Not sure why I do this to myself; must be to get in shape. Do you suppose the beer after the game helps?
I endorse this event or product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Just hanging out in our room for a few minutes before we head back out to DHS for Fantasmic tonight and 6:30 TSM fast passes.

We are considering a water park day next week and wondering which park you guys would pick? Should we do one park or maybe upgrade one day ticket to season pass which is cheaper than 2 single day tickets, Then we are set for the entire year?
If you do a water park, go with Typhoon Lagoon. Lazy River is great, you can swim with sharks etc...

Quote:
Hope you get the power issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Good luck with the power CJ!

Going to head out with the kids of an early Sunday Dinner. Found a local restaurant I like, and haven't been to in a while, that has Kids Eat Free on Sundays.
Free on Sundays doesn't happen enough..awesome..
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #38
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

Wow nemmy........I don't know whether that was impressive or insane!

Hope you were still able to enjoy your le cellier lunch after all that!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

Whoa! And you are still standing? That's awesome. Did you guys happen to see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hwOK...eature=related
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #40
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Hope all is well at home, CJ! Hate those sustained winds.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #41
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Hey, guys! Just back from Wood Badge. A great experience! Learned lots about teamwork, leadership, and communication. And had super fun! Thanks again to those Scouting Dis Dads (especially Stopher) who encouraged me to do it. If you have the opportunity, I would definitely recommend it!

Nice new digs, Don!! I'll try to catch up, but I doubt I will if our race to the end is as per usual...
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Wow nemmy........I don't know whether that was impressive or insane!

Hope you were still able to enjoy your le cellier lunch after all that!
Well Beverly is supposed to be like a digestiff....
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)

Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #43
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

How come you all aren't racing on the other thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Well club soccer is over for the summer, the boys fell to a very strong team this morning 3-0. It was tight for the first 40 minutes but in the end the better skilled and better coached team came out on top.

Couple weeks off and school soccer and regional skills camps will be starting up. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Gents.
Coordinated 22 teams total in U10 & U12. Conducted player clinic on hurt ankle last week. Coaches meeting this week. Have to coach my own team in there as well. I'm tired already.

Quote:

We did typhoon lagoon with the wave pool and my favorite, the lazy river. I think the better slides are at blizzard beach.

Quote:
Hoe everything is ok. Prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I come back and you guys already have a new room, Great Job Don
Great. I ran over my text plan with just your texts.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #44
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Decent staycation Day 1....sleep, swimming, a little side trip to get a few groceries and pizza & wings while watching POTC:World's End. DW and I did a little trip planning in for next year to boot bouncing ideas off one another, I jotted them down.

Tomorrow looks to be fairly low-key, calling for rain and t-storms all day. Still beats work!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:

I like Typhoon better than Blizzard. The wave pool and the reef swim are great. So is Crush and Gusher. The kids area is better at Blizzard. Especially the tween area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

Oh the Humanity. That was hard to watch. Impressive, but hard to watch. Congrats on the record but not sure it will last after January. Proof that members of this group are a bit nuts.

Talked to my next door neighbor earlier. Big rain and wind event but that was about it. They were without power for around 5 hours and some limbs down but nothing serious. The Keys didn't have much damage. Feel bad for the people in the Panhandle to New Orleans area. Looks like it is going to strengthen before landfall.

So South Florida is safe until I leave to visit the kid in early October.
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: