Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I enjoyed reading your tweets while on this vaca, and obviously your IG photos, so I'm excited to hear about the whole trip!

It is ridiculously amazing how much Preston looks like Cory Matthews, hahaha. right down to the hair! Love it!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #32
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Wooo, I'm here too! Still reading your other TR's at the same time though!! Can't wait to hear more about this trip.. Loved your photos on Instagram.
ChelseyBun20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #33
smga1
Earning My Ears

I love Hilton Head. I have not been there in many many years. Cant wait to read your experience.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I am here and I cannot wait to hear all about your stay at Hilton Head!
I am very excited to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Following along...

I had never really given HH much thought until you started mentioning it in your Dec TR, now I am totally intrigued to hear all about it for a possible future trip for my family
Well hopefully this trip report will give you a better idea of what it's all about! If you are looking for a relaxing vacation for your family, then you guys would love HHI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I'm here! I enjoyed reading your tweets while on this vaca, and obviously your IG photos, so I'm excited to hear about the whole trip!

It is ridiculously amazing how much Preston looks like Cory Matthews, hahaha. right down to the hair! Love it!
Thank you so much! I'm glad that you enjoyed them! I hope I follow you back on twitter/instagram... if I don't, tweet me/comment on a picture so I can follow you!
I'm so glad you're excited to read everything!
Hahaha I KNOW, right?! They have the same face shape, the same hair, and sometimes he sounds like Cory when he talks. It's way too funny. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseyBun20 View Post
Wooo, I'm here too! Still reading your other TR's at the same time though!! Can't wait to hear more about this trip.. Loved your photos on Instagram.
Hooray! Thank you so much! Haha thank goodness! I hope this isn't too much for everyone to read, but I have to get this one and the Christmas one done quickly. So many trip reports to write! (not that that's a bad thing, though!)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smga1 View Post
I love Hilton Head. I have not been there in many many years. Cant wait to read your experience.
It really was beautiful! I am excited to share!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #35
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Oh gosh am I really this behind! Anyways... I'm here, Jess! Never really knew much about the Hilton Head Resort besides the name up until now so this will be interested. Anyways, still very excited to hear all about your trip!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #36
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

YAYYY! I'm here! I'm so excited to read about your trip down south! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip, and that Preston got to join you for awhile!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #37
PanIsMine
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I can't wait to hear about Hilton Head. Enjoyed your tweets.

"You Guys Are Looking At Me Like I'm Your Executioner!" An Aug '12 TR!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2973705

PanIsMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Woo Hoo! I'm here and not behind!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
Reberella
Mouseketeer

Yayyyyyyy! I'm here I keep telling my family we should go here, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to hear more

Reberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #40
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #41
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh gosh am I really this behind! Anyways... I'm here, Jess! Never really knew much about the Hilton Head Resort besides the name up until now so this will be interested. Anyways, still very excited to hear all about your trip!
Haha no, I just got back! Thanks Timmy! I have lots of pictures and descriptions for you guys so I hope this TR can give you an idea! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
YAYYY! I'm here! I'm so excited to read about your trip down south! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip, and that Preston got to join you for awhile!
Aww thank you, Joni! I can't wait to tell you guys all about it! I am glad too - it's exactly what I needed! And having Preston go with us was wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanIsMine View Post
Joining in! I can't wait to hear about Hilton Head. Enjoyed your tweets.
Thank you very much! I'm so glad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Woo Hoo! I'm here and not behind!
Yay! Welcome, welcome! Thanks for following along again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Yayyyyyyy! I'm here I keep telling my family we should go here, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to hear more
Welcome! Haha well you can always use this TR to convince them even more It was LOVELY! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
can't wait to hear about your trip.
Thank you so much!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #42
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Came here from the Christmas PTR. I can't wait to read about Hilton Head! I've always wanted to visit there!!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #43
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

I'm here for the ride, can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'm so glad Preston got to spen a few days at the resort with you, long distance is no fun, right? I just got back from visiting my boyfriend for a couple of days, we are doing long distance this year Anyway, I'm super excited that you are writing a trip report!
catchmeifyoucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #44
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by clynngibson View Post
Came here from the Christmas PTR. I can't wait to read about Hilton Head! I've always wanted to visit there!!
Awesome! Thank you so much! It was a great trip Hopefully my report can give you a better idea of what it's all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchmeifyoucan View Post
I'm here for the ride, can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'm so glad Preston got to spen a few days at the resort with you, long distance is no fun, right? I just got back from visiting my boyfriend for a couple of days, we are doing long distance this year Anyway, I'm super excited that you are writing a trip report!
Hooray! Welcome to the trip report. I am very excited to share! Yes, I am SO glad he got to come back. Long distance is super hard! Oh wow, a year is such a long time! Good luck to you both - I'm sure you'll make it! It's just hard at times but I believe in you!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #45
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Pre-Hilton Head Update #1: GEORGIA
August 11th-17th, 2012

Alright, these couple updates are for people who have been following along with me in my previous trip reports/want to hear about my trip to visit Preston. Feel free to skip over the Georgia portions if you don't care about my personal life. I mean, there are some DISNEY STORE pictures within the updates... but really, don't feel obligated to read about my love-struck self.

Like I said, Preston and I were separated for THREE WHOLE MONTHS - from May 11th to August 11th. I seriously cannot believe we did it! Thankfully, this boy is great with communication so we talked all of the time. It was just really hard being apart!

Like I said before, I had a CRAZY summer. In June I took 3 online classes. (Biology, Ethics, and Spanish) I also worked my job at an ice cream place near my house. Then throughout July - August 10th I worked at the Town Recreation as a camp counselor. The day after Recreation finished up, I hopped on a plane to Georgia!

The night before I left, I did my nails all fancy. Although I didn't do Disney nails this time, I painted SUNSET nails! I had sailboats on my thumbs, seagulls on my middle fingers, and palm trees on my ring fingers.

August 11th, 2012
AUGUST 11TH YAY YAY YAY! The long awaited day was finally here and my mind could not process that it was reality. At 11 am, Dad drove me to the airport. I got there and he watched me go through security by myself. This was my first solo flight ever!

Once I got through security, I went to go get some food. I was HUNGRY! I was looking at the very overpriced menu and then I saw SWEET POTATO FRIES! Hello, favorite food! I got those and ate every last one all by myself!

I sat at the same exact table Kristen, Vickie, my Mom, and I sat at before our January trip! Once I finished my delicious food, I went over to the gate. We were boarding a few minutes later! I was in Row 18 on Airtran and I sat next to a cute old couple. I felt very safe on my first flight alone. The stewardess LOVED my nails and it pretty much made my day.

The flight took off, I took a little nap, I edited the Crystal Palace portion of the May video, and then I was arriving in Atlanta! WOOHOO!

I got off the plane and walked for what seemed like forever to the ďdomestic baggage claim.Ē

Finally I got there and saw Preston waiting for me. We saw each other, I waved, we smiled, and he walked over to me. He was just like "come here!" and he gave me the biggest hug ever. It was the greatest. It was like no time had passed at all and we completely picked up where we left off.

We walked out of the airport and went to his car. In the front seat, there was a bouquet of blue, red, and yellow flowers sitting there for me. They were SO beautiful. (:

Preston lives about 2 hours from Atlanta so it was time to start driving! We stopped at Zaxbyís on the way home because I was starving and I had never been there before. It's one of those southern restaurants that we don't have up here in the north! I got a Grilled Chicken sandwich and some DELICIOUS french fries nom.

Then we started getting near Prestonís house and the scenery was GORGEOUS. He lives in the mountains, right near the border of Georgia and North Carolina. We were surrounded by beautiful rolling hills and green mountainsÖ it was absolutely unreal! Gotta love dating a southern boy!

Then we got to his house and I said hi to his family. We brought everything into my very own guest room and then we went for a walk. His house is on the boarding school campus that his Dad works at, so we got to go around and see everything. The school is INCREDIBLE. I am honestly a little jealous that I didn't go there. Itís so pretty and itís right in the mountains. I couldnít believe it! Here is the view:

YEAH. RIGHT!?

We ran into one of his history teachers and he showed us around the inside of the building, which was gorgeous as well. We got back to Preston's house and just hung out for the rest of the night. I was so tired after traveling all day and we were so happy to be back together after three long months!

August 12th, 2012
We woke up and had blueberry bagels for breakfast. NOM. I met Prestonís best friend Drew who was on his way to Virginia to visit his girlfriend/Prestonís cousin, Ileah.

I literally canít remember what we did during the day, but we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner called La CabaŮa. YUM! The chips, cheese, and salsa were the best! We both got quesadillas for our meals. Before we left, we bought some ring pops and suckers. YAY CANDY!!

We went to Walmart and got some stuff I needed for the week. We went back home and Preston and I played Scrabble. I played the word ďFavoriteĒ for 95 POINTS!!!! Basically Iím awesome. Except Preston still beat me by 100 points! Heís borderline professional at Scrabble. It's kind of insane.

Then Prestonís friend Randi came over with her dog Beau. HE WAS SO CUTE. Heís a blue heeler and he was so tiny! He peed on the floor so when Preston was swiffering it up, he kept chasing the swiffer and falling on the floor. SUCH A CUTE PUPPY.

After she left, Preston made some smoothies and we watched some Saved By the Bell and Fairly Odd Parents on Netflix. It was a solid time.

August 13th, 2012
We went to the restaurant Preston works at for breakfast/lunch. Itís about a 30 minute drive through the windy mountains. I got a kidís grilled cheese and sweet potato fries and Preston got French Toast. Everything was REALLY good. That was probably one of the best grilled cheeses Iíve ever had!

After we left there, we went to the little Ice Cream/Chocolate shop called Kilwins that was down the street. I got some cake batter and highlands mud, and Preston got highlands mud ice cream. It was yummy! (I sincerely apologize for not taking food pictures. Clearly I was not in my right mind.)

On the way home we stopped by this beautiful waterfall called Bridal Veil falls. I couldn't get over how stunning this whole area was!

Then we went over to the dance sign ups at the high school so I could meet Prestonís brotherís girlfriend, Katie, and Prestonís director, Mr. Patti. Mr. Patti and his wife went to our college for theater, (just like us!) so they were chatting with us about all of the teachers and the program and such. He was SUCH a nice guy and he's the reason why Preston treks 16 hours north to go to college. Iím so glad I could to meet him because he has had such a huge influence on Prestonís life.

Once we left it was raining so we went back to Preston's house. I got changed and we waited for his brother and Dad to get home. Around 9 we went out to dinner at this place called Universal Joint and I got a mushroom burger and TATER TOTS YUUUUUM.

August 14th, 2012
This morning I woke up around 10, showered and got ready. We knew that we were driving Prestonís Mom to Charlotte, NC that day so basically we just waited around until she was ready to go. She was going to Alaska the next day with her business partner, Decker. They record stock footage and sell it to companies, so they get to travel all over!

We left around 4 or 4:30 pm, and we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for our dinner! YAY! That was my first time ever at Chick-Fil-A and it was really yummy! Preston absolutely loves that place and we donít have it up in the north! It was basically his mission since day 1 to get me to try Chick-Fil-A.

I got the Char-grilled Chicken Sandwich and waffle fries. Everything was SO delicious! I loved it! It's a shame that we don't have any near me!

For dessert, we got THE BEST CANDY BAR EVER when we stopped to refill the gas tank. It had been years since I had one of these babies! You canít go wrong with a Hersheyís Cookies and Cream bar! Theyíre like pure magic!

We drove and drove and finally arrived in Charlotte, NC. Before we got to Deckerís house, we had to stop at THE DISNEY STORE at the Concord Mills Mall! They closed at nine and we didnít want to miss out!

So we went there and I DIED. First off, I realized there was a sale. Then I realized that IT WAS A DISNEYLAND OUTLET! I mean, if I couldnít go to Disneyland, this was the next best thing!!

For those of you who weren't aware, I was supposed to go to Disneyland at the end of this summer. We had to move the trip to December due to some money/attendance issues. My Dad still wanted to go on vacation in August, but he wanted something within driving distance. So that is how Hilton Head came to be! We are currently saving up for the big Disneyland trip later!

I mean, I wasn't mad we had to move the trip... but this Disneyland Outlet DEFINITELY made up for having to postpone it!!!

I basically bought out the whole store. BUT I MEAN, THE SWEATSHIRTS WERE ONLY 9.99!!!! HOW COULD I RESIST!?!?! Usually they're like $34.99 in the parks!!! Seriously, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It was GREAT!

I'm guessing you all want to see what I got, right? Well, OBVIOUSLY! It's picture time!

Here are all of my Disneyland sweatshirts - like I said, each one was only $9.99!

My Minnie Mouse Shirt for only $5:

Minnie Mouse Tank Top that was $16.50 (I think?):

Plates that were only $3 each:

Totes that were 2 for $5:

Beach Towels that were $7.99 each:

$3 Cup and $2 Monorail Auto Magnets:

And I think that's about it!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-27-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Disneyfreak508 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: