Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

There are so many to post, but 2 come to mind immediately.

1) DH & DS had just come out of the mens room, and apparently the cast member door was right next to the rest room. Well out comes Donald Duck, (DS name happens to be Donald), DS thinks he just shared the rest room with the super star Donald Duck and becomes speechless!

2) DS was about 3 and was in the ladies room with my mom. Having just come out of the Little Mermaid show, DS was singing one of the songs...holding notes fairly well for a 3 year old. And a young lady at the sink comments on that then asks him if he has seen B&B yet, he informs her no, but we were heading there next. She tells him to pay special attention, he may see something special. Sure enough, right after I shut off the video camera, Belle comes to our side of the audutorim stops right in front of DS and blows him a kiss! DS is 21 and still talks about this.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
cruzstitch
Earning My Ears

We took our first trip with our 3 kids in February of this year. The very first thing we did was take them to see Mickey at Town Square Theater. Mickey paid lots of attention to our 3-yr-old, who asked Mickey what his favorite color was (Mickey pointed to his pants-Red!). Mickey "asked" him how old he was and I have an adorable pic of my son holding up three fingers. I told Mickey and Minnie we'd come to them first and Mickey kissed my hand. I was thrilled (dorky, I know).

Aladdin and Jasmine in Adventureland were by far our favorites! We had brought the character encyclopedia for signatures and they made a big fuss of looking through it. Apparently lots of people have been bringing it, because Aladdin knew just what pages all his friends were on! They chatted with the kiddos for what felt like ages. It was so fun!

Belle at Akershus asked my DD which of our sons was her prince and which was her beast. DD replied they were both her brothers. "Two beasts then?" Belle said. Love it!

And last, but not least, Woody and Buzz were the last characters we visited on our trip. Our kids were wearing their first visit buttons and so the characters were already making a fuss, but when we told them they were our last visit, they really went all out. High fives and hugs all around, it was really sweet!
cruzstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

I, personally, enjoy this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1v_7Mx8k0

But I wonder, how the heck was he able to get the princesses to waltz? I mean, I'd sorta like a piece of that action.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
DiSZYme
Earning My Ears

This last trip, my youngest dd (almost 8) really wanted to meet characters, so we did more of that then we had before and had so many great interactions.
Among my favorite character memories:
1. Dale trying to steal the 'snacks' off of dd's rainboots (she wears cute, treat-decorated rainboots every day). She still laughs about "Silly Dale"

2. Arial at CRT was really silly and playful and had us laughing by showing off her new feet and such. In fact, she kept yelling for Aurora to look at her feet but Aurora couldn't quite tell what was going on, but (of course) tried her best to play along (while looking confused anyway).

3. I was off doing a few 'rough' rides by myself (my family all refuses to ride anything remotely fast/bumpy/high with me so I either go alone or not at all...I go alone!) and saw that Splash Mountain was down. This meant that Jesse and Woody had no line. Now I love Jesse and (to a lesser extent) Woody but little dd had decided that Woody's costume was more creepy than cute and hadn't wanted to stop by earlier in the trip to meet them. I thought I'd take advantage of being alone and the nonexistent line and get a few shots of me with my TS faves. Well, when the handler sent me to the spot where they usually take pics, Jesse and Woody took off running towards me, hugged me, tackled me and basically acted like toys that were glad to finally get someone to play with. I loved it

There are more little stories, little jokes shared and such (the stepmother and sisters were awesome), but those are my favorites.
DiSZYme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, memories

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: