Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #91
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 4: A cupfull of sunshine at Kona Café

I'm Back!
It's been way too long since I've been able to update this trip report. I've missed you guys so much. For the past 6 weeks I was away from home for school and I didn't have time for the Dis. BUT! Now I am back home and ready to get this TR done.

So where were we?

Day 4: Kona Café
Soundtrack: He Mele No Lilo

Our fourth day in WDW started in the best possible way; with breakfast at The Polynesian resort. We took a cab from Pop to the Poly and got there right on time for our reservation . We where amongst the first seated.

This is us before we had our coffee. Happy but still sleepy.

We started out with the best coffee on property (and in the world)

A press pot can be shared between 2 people instead of drinks on DDP or you can pay OOP like we did because Kona is amongst the least expensive restaurants we visited.

I had the Macademia pineapple pancake. I was very good and not as sugary as the Tonga Toast (but in all honesty I also ate part of Jess's Toast)

Jess had the Tonga Toast. Pure deliciousness.

Breakfast bar next to Kona for people in a hurry.

We also bought a bag of Kona Coffee beans to bring home. We froze the beans and still have Kona Coffee once a week as a reminder of our happy place.

Also we asked for the bill to be brought to us as soon as our food arrived so that we could pay and be ready to leave as quickly as possible once we where done eating. We had a big day ahead of us!

Track 2: Welcome Show Medley
Where are we heading now?

The Magic Kindgom

YAY!

Amongst the first to arrive.

On our way! (For some reason there where a lot of people inside MK watching us walk in)

Jess is very competitive and wanted to get to our destination first.

The Castle (the only castle in MK at the time)

Love Mainstreet

Hope the new Starbucks location keeps a lot of the Bakery intact.

Hint about our destination

So we got to Space Mountain before the ride was even running yet. There were maybe less then 20 people ahead of us in line. We exited the ride at

and THIS is the line that had formed behind us to ride SM

Thank God for smart touring.

Anyways no time to wait, we where off to our next attraction.

Wish I was a kid sometimes.

Near empty MK when we exit Pooh

Disney Withdrawal Survival Guide: An Oct 2013 PTR- Soundtrack Included

Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #92
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 4: Wild Wild West

Fini with Fantasy, We where off to Liberty Square

To visit my favorite haunted place.

The last chance to exit.

The park remains quite empty.

Track 3:Frontierland area music

Quick stop to visit my favorite Duck

Making our way across the Wild West.

...To the Briar Patch.

We where exhausted from our trip from the Future to the West with a pit stop in Fantasy so we decided to hop aboard the Train to Main St.

The Fantasyland station had just opened a week or so earlier.

We arrived on Main St in time to see these guys

We actualy had gotten a coupon the day prior for 20% off our purchases at the Main st. Emporium if we visited before noon. We basically bought all our souvenirs at the same time to take advantage of the 20% off deal. We then went off in search of sustenance.

Photo pit stop

Off to Peco's for lunch.

Then we used our Splash Fast pass

Jess got her first ever set of trading pins.

And then we where off to Adventureland.

We where looking for something in particular ..stay tuned to find out what exactly.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #93
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Track 4: Adventureland Area Music

The Dole whip...Melting paradise in a cup.

Last time Jess slept through the Tiki Room...this time she wished she did. haha

On our way towards our next snack we ran into the Move it Shake It Celebrate it parade.
Track 5: Street party soundtrack

But what was that snack we where looking for now. Didn't we just eat?

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel

Sweet deliciousness

Now that we where all full we decided to give the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom a try.

As we where playing, this little boy came up to us (with his dad watching from not too far) and asked us if we wanted to trade. We said that we where new and didn't understand the game very well. He then explained everything to us and told us which cards where rare and which ones where common. He was adorable. We then asked him which of our cards he was interested in. We made a fair trade and he ran back to his father who mouthed Thank you to us. Too cute!

Track 6:
Celebrate a dream come true
WHile this is not my favorite parade, it really make me tear up because it means we are in Magic Kingdom.

By the way, this is a great spot for anyone who doesn't feel like waiting in the sun for too long. The cast members only set up the rope that crosses the area in front of the Emporium at the last minute. We wait inside the Emporium until they set it up and then stand at the rope for a front row spot.

I'm late

We're all mad here.

Bibbidi bobbedi Boo!

Ahhh I wish I was back there. It really is my happy place.

Hope you guys enjoyed this triple update. I'll be back soon with more pictures from our trip and lots of great songs to make you guys dream of Disney.

Thanks for reading.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #94
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're back!
Love your shirts!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #95
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Very glad to see you back!
Omg, why the pictures of the tonga toast!? It's so delicious and yummy and now I'm drooling. I have a recipe saved and I'm going to try it. If I showed dh your picture he would most likely be off to the store for the missing ingredients before I could say Polynesian!
And then to post a picture of the pretzel, a newfound facourite of mine. You'll have me licking my iPad.
Sounds like a very successful morning! A good breakfast, rides on all the best rides, meeting Donald, the parade... An excellent morning!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #96
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Yay, you're back!

That sounded like an awesome morning! I never did get to try the pretzel...next time! It looks really awesome though! As do all those photos!

When we were at Kona, part of me wanted to get the coffee because everyone on here talks so highly of it, but I didn't because, well...I hate coffee!
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #97
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33
Yay! You're back!
Love your shirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony
Very glad to see you back!
Omg, why the pictures of the tonga toast!? It's so delicious and yummy and now I'm drooling. I have a recipe saved and I'm going to try it. If I showed dh your picture he would most likely be off to the store for the missing ingredients before I could say Polynesian!
And then to post a picture of the pretzel, a newfound facourite of mine. You'll have me licking my iPad.
Sounds like a very successful morning! A good breakfast, rides on all the best rides, meeting Donald, the parade... An excellent morning!
Sorry for bringing back all those memories of the awesome Tonga Toast and pretzel :-P I've been in severe Disney withdrawal since I went through my pictures for the last update. Sometimes ots easier to forget how amazing that place is. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269
Yay, you're back!

That sounded like an awesome morning! I never did get to try the pretzel...next time! It looks really awesome though! As do all those photos!

When we were at Kona, part of me wanted to get the coffee because everyone on here talks so highly of it, but I didn't because, well...I hate coffee!
Seriously, I hated coffee too but then I had kona, and now I don't hate it! There's always a next time :-)

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #98
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 4: Dinner on top of the world

Soundtrack: Wishes from top of Contemporary

So we finished our MK day with a Casey's hot dog, a walk through Monstropolis and ride through outerspace.

We then returned to Pop Century to freshen up in time for our romantic dinner at the California Grill.

We got there a bit early so we went out on the balcony to enjoy the view while we waited.

We where quickly seated and soon enough our bread appeared....
and disappeared.

We asked for our appetizer before Wishes and then our entrées would be brought out after.

We had a flatbread but I can't remember the name.

It was DELICIOUS!!!!

Great view of Wishes from the balcony.

Our entrees where brought out not long after we came back in.
We both had the beef. It was good but not as tasty as the steak from Le Cellier.

We had no room for dessert but we still splurged.

Both where very good.

The restaurant was empty when we left that night. The Cali Grill was special but it is not a restaurant that we will be craving to return to anytime soon...

I must say that 5 months later, I still crave 'Ohanna everyday but I don't ever remember our Cali Grill meal.

Side Note: I am still ridiculously busy so I apologize for the short update. I'm looking forward to bringing this TR to a close... We may have something else to look forward to soon!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #99
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Even though you don't crave it daily, it still looks like a wonderful meal together. Just the location and being able to see Wishes seems so special!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #100
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

day 5: Jungle Breakfast

Soundtrack: Animal Kingdom Entrance

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to Day 5 of our Honeymoon vacay!

This day was split between Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. We had a bit of a hard time making it to AK that morning because the bus took a long time to come around then had to make a stop at Blizzard Beach. This meant that we where running a bit late when we got to Tusker House. The walk there was gorgeous (My camera had some fog on it which made for some cool pictures).

We had to wait in line a little while to meet the chief explorer Mr. Duck!

We where then brought in to our table. The restaurant is very cool looking inside.

We raided the buffet and came back with some deliciousness.

JUngle Juice

DOnuts for breakfast! BEST DAY EVER

Let's not forget about the main attractions.

A few more shots of the decor.

We were done a few minutes after park opening but our belly's were very very happy.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #101
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Day 5: Safari Adventre

Soundtrack: Dinosaur Theme
After fuelling up we headed out for adventure in WDW's newest kingdom. A kingdom where we encountered animals of all kinds, real, extinct and even imaginary. A place where you can't help but feel lost in nature. Disney's Animal Kingdom is masterpiece in my opinion. I know many say that it is a half day park but we usualy dedicate at least 1.5 days to it. I love exploring this park. I feel like everytime we go, we find a new place to sit and enjoy nature, a new food to taste or a new thrill to experience. So join me on out adventure through Disney's Animal Kingdom.

We started our safari in Africa near Tusker House and decided to head out into the wild.

We decided to skip the refreshments for now.

As we neared our target I started to regret our decision to forgo refreshments, the mountain loomed in the distance.

We climbed aboard a train taking us straight into the heart of the mountain where it is rumored lives a giant beast.

The trail ahead seemed steep.

Some appeared oblivious to what laid ahead.

We commenced our ascent towards the beast.

Oh My! the beast must have sensed our presence. We where able to stop just before the big drop that would of carried us to our doom.

I looked to the sky for pity. Just as the mountain pulled us into it's darkened interior.

The beast!

We followed the light towards the outside world, hoping to find peace there.

We whirled away hoping to get away from the creature they call The Yeti!

Alas, we where quickly brought back into a darkened cavern where I swear I got a glimpse of the beast dancing away to Disco Lights. Unfortunately I was unable to photograph it.

We hurried away from our expedition towards Africa where we knew we would be able to observe animals from the comfort of our safari vehicle. Along the way we encountered a curious sight.

Neither human nor plant, we caught but a glimpse before it dissapeared into the folliage.

Unsure of our eyes we boarded our vehicle and approached quietly towards the sleeping wildlife.

Exhausted from our exploring we entered a quaint villager's shop for some local souvenirs.

As we arose from our resting spot, I could not believe my eyes but the Devine creature from earlier appeared before me again.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #102
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Shaking up from all those encounters we foolishly wandered into an area dedicated to the winged descendants of the dinosaurs. Flights of Wonder!

Birds may be small creatures but boy do they amaze me!

In all seriousness, this is a can't miss for us. Two big thumbs up from this girl!

After all that wilderness, we had built up an appetite. We stopped by the local watering hole, the burning tree? :P, to gather forces for the day ahead. The locals must have a big appetite because we shared a ONE person meal and had plenty left for the birds to steal from our plate.

One of the cast members noticed that we where on our honeymoon so she ran to the counter and whispered something to another cast member who told us that she would be RIGHT BACK! She brought us two cupcake and TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. I was so touched.

(we then went back to the resort for a NAP! and a PINA COLAVA!!! check it out it is AMAZING!)

After our obligatory mid day nap we returned to the kingdom refreshed and ready for more food. We had a reservation at Yak and Yeti. We arrived shortly before our time so we had a seat at the bar, checked out the menu and ordered a Safari Amber Ale, Jess decided it was delicious. I agreed because I know nothing about beer.

It wasn't long before we where seated. This meal was OOP so we ordered a mix of stuff to share.
The fried rice was a good filler.

Wonton soup was good as well.

We also had the Dim Sum Basket for two. It was interesting but not quite the type of food that I liked. (I was craving fried food)

Speaking of fried food, La piece de resistance! FRIED WONTON!!!

OOPS We dove in before I took out my camera.

After exiting Yak and Yeti the park was pretty much empty, we rode EE a few more times, tried primeval whirl, rode dinosaur once or twice then headed out!

BUT! Our day has just begun..where will we head to next. Stay tuned for more information!

Thanks for reading guys. I felt like being silly tonight. I know I haven't been very active on the DIS recently but I hope that once I get out of my current rotation in school I will be able to visit regularly again.

As a side note, I have an announcement to do soon. Here's a hint. Vamos a la playa Any guesses?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #103
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in! You have taken some great photos and i love your TR so far!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #104
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am in! You have taken some great photos and i love your TR so far!
Thanks for joining. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #105
thekeeper
Earning My Ears

I love it and I am so craving disney food right now!! It's not even funny

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: