Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #451
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Letter is a godd idea

I just sent my second email regarding this. I think a letter is a good idea too.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #452
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
I have been doing a lot of thinking in the last few days. First of all, thank you very much to all of you DISers who keep up with contacting Disney, etc., as it is so important that they hear our voices, and I do believe they have someone monitoring this thread, which now has well over 28,000 views.

What I want to say is this - although it is 'nice' to receive some fast passes from Disneyland (here or there) for those who have made mention of that in this thread, it will NEVER make up for the fact that some families such as mine, traveling such long distances (Northern Alberta to Anaheim, via $$$$ flight) can now no longer plan to spend 6 or 7 days in the parks. Disneyland is not always about 'getting in all of the attractions.'

For my family, the Disneyland Resort is about spending quality family time together - enjoying our hard earned dollars [saved year round] to be able to receive the same rate or better (per day) than those purchasing the 5 day park hopper passes would receive, since we will clearly be spending more money in the parks (family, lunches, supper, breakfast sometimes, snacks, and more) since we are spending more time there.

Our Disney vacation to us is about spending enough time there to not have to go back home only to experience troublesome dreams whereby it is our last day in the parks, and yet we haven't seen all of the attractions that we want to see, and haven't even been to New Orleans square, and we can never ever, [in my dreams], find the Haunted Mansion.

The time spent in the Disneyland Parks should be a leisurely, fun, and exciting week spent with our family, not just 'up to 5 days' wildly racing around. (Please Disney, don't even suggest the add on passes that are expensive on an already-expensive trip, or the 'annual pass' which is even more pricey per day, and which doesn't pan out for non-locals.)

What do you like to do with your families when in the parks, Disney execs? I bet you would enjoy taking time to stop and watch the California Screamin' ride take off. We have watched countless amount of the coasters taking off. You might enjoy stopping to rest your weary feet for lunch or a snack while the children look at the ducks at the Hungry Bear. You might smile to see the delight when they spot a feral cat somewhere on property (who helps to keep any potential mice at bay, but they know better than to catch Mickey Mouse, I know. ) You might enjoy just sitting down somewhere by Paradise Pier and watch the sunset. We have done that before.

I bet... if you lived in a climate where in the winter time the snow and ice falls so quickly, and the snow lays so thick and deep that it can quickly send you off into feeling very down as you wake up to days of darkness, and evenings that end quickly due to the fast approaching darkness -that you would thoroughly enjoy an escape once a year into a place where it is almost always sunny. [Or, when it's not, you would probably enjoy feeling the sting of raindrops on your face and laugh, upon hearing your kids squealing with laughter, amidst their little yelps of 'Ouch, the rain is pelting me in the face' yet laughing hysterically when on California Screamin'.] Sometimes sitting on a bench and eating a churro is what makes life sweet. Or watching a parade. Or looking at the characters on the streets, as they mingle with the guests. Browsing through shops, watching the people in the candy shop make candy, or seeing Chef Oscar smiling at his guests and shaking their hands is all part of the Disney experience for us.

It is the ambience, Disney, and you created it - how can you expect us to want to leave right away, in only 5 short days?

Please Disney, would you let us all see a little bit of the customer service experience that you are world wide famous for - one who listens and understands, and seeks to make this (6 and 7 day park hopper passes as previously offered) possible for us? This is what we all are seeking. In no way will a few 'fast passes', or whatever they are being randomly offered, 'help' a family to cram more things into their trip. 5 days is 5 days, is 5 days, just as 6 and 7 days are 6 and 7. As well, if some people get them sent out, and others don't, it will create a bad experience for some. And really, in the course of 5 days, assuming a family goes on at least 10 rides, do you really think a handful of fast passes or whatever passes those are will 'make up' for lost time in the parks?

Disney execs., you may never know the sad feeling of waking up on day 3 or 4 of your trip, and counting the days down until the wonderful trip is over.

Disneyland might be familiar to you - but to my family, and to many others as well, it is pure magic. All of the time.

Walt Disney himself would not have wanted for people to feel they had to limit or restrict their time at his wonderful park - so why do you?

I don't want to go to a beach for my holiday.

I want to go to Disneyland with my family... The happiest place on earth.
Wow, so well written, and I so agree with you! We don't live as far away (or anywhere quite as cold) as Alberta, but we also go only every few years and like to spend a week or so. We have never had only a 5-day hopper pass! One year we had a 8-day hopper pass and still left feeling like we didn't 'get it all in.'

The 'back door passes' Disney sent me will be nice, but nothing like an extra 2 days, even 2 half-days. I am dreading telling my daughters that we won't get to go into Disney on the day we arrive because we need to save our hopper passes for full days. The FUN of arriving is quickly putting things in your room (or just having them held because they room isn't ready, that's what we did last time) and dashing to the park! Last time we saw more in the afternoon/evening than we did any other day we were there, because the crowds were so small.

I am SO hoping that Disney will reconsider this policy soon and allow guests to add extra days. Hopefully the new procedures with turnstiles, ID, etc. will be enough to turn things around. Hopefully Disneyland will get the message about how much we want to spend $ in the parks for more than 5 days!

And please everyone, write!!
e-mail to: dlresort@disneyonline.com

Write snail mail to:

Disneyland
Guest Relations
1313 Harbor Blvd. P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-6161
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #453
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
Wow, so well written, and I so agree with you! We don't live as far away (or anywhere quite as cold) as Alberta, but we also go only every few years and like to spend a week or so. We have never had only a 5-day hopper pass! One year we had a 8-day hopper pass and still left feeling like we didn't 'get it all in.'

The 'back door passes' Disney sent me will be nice, but nothing like an extra 2 days, even 2 half-days. I am dreading telling my daughters that we won't get to go into Disney on the day we arrive because we need to save our hopper passes for full days. The FUN of arriving is quickly putting things in your room (or just having them held because they room isn't ready, that's what we did last time) and dashing to the park! Last time we saw more in the afternoon/evening than we did any other day we were there, because the crowds were so small.

I am SO hoping that Disney will reconsider this policy soon and allow guests to add extra days. Hopefully the new procedures with turnstiles, ID, etc. will be enough to turn things around. Hopefully Disneyland will get the message about how much we want to spend $ in the parks for more than 5 days!

And please everyone, write!!
e-mail to: dlresort@disneyonline.com

Write snail mail to:

Disneyland
Guest Relations
1313 Harbor Blvd. P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-6161

Thanks for your post, and for all of your support in our efforts!! Looking forward to your post when you receive your mail from Disney.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #454
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer

Very nicely put Jory. I may not travel as far as you, but I do understand the cold and snow. This is always a very magical vacation for me and my husband. We work 3 jobs every summer so that we can go. We don't want to go to the other parks. They don't hold the same experience for us that Disneyland does.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #455
GeoffSK
Earning My Ears

I was very disappointed that there are no more options for a 6 or 7 day pass. I'm coming from Canada so the trip isn't cheap. Luckily i had enough Airmiles to get a 5 and a 3 day pass. I complained back in july and got a similar response that you all got.
GeoffSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #456
glamgurl
Earning My Ears

Pictures on tickets...

Quote:
Surely there is a way to ensure that the tickets are signed (with ID presented at that time or even at the gates I don't mind doing so) and I feel that a quick 'on-the-spot' photo, for a longer than a 5 day pass, especially in this day and age of computers, is entirely possible, yes?
I agree wholeheartedly! Disney should be able to print a quick picture on their passes, just like Costco or Sam's Club. It's instant now! I like that much better than the finger printing that they are trying in Florida.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #457
dcraytho
Earning My Ears

Just received a call from Disneyland in response to my letter. The lady stated how sorry she was in my disappointment that the 6 day hoppers were no longer being offered. She also stated that there is a possibility that they will be bringing them back once the ticket fraud gets under control. Hope this is what the plans are, everyone needs to keep writing letters they are being looked at. The more that express their disappointMent, the more Disneyland will look at this issue!
dcraytho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #458
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraytho View Post
Just received a call from Disneyland in response to my letter. The lady stated how sorry she was in my disappointment that the 6 day hoppers were no longer being offered. She also stated that there is a possibility that they will be bringing them back once the ticket fraud gets under control. Hope this is what the plans are, everyone needs to keep writing letters they are being looked at. The more that express their disappointMent, the more Disneyland will look at this issue!
That is excellent news that they may be looking at offering the 6 day park hopper tickets once more if they can get the ticket fraud under control, and I would think if anyone could do it, Disney could.
Perhaps some progress is being made overall, and soon we can do a happy dance hopefully!
Thanks for posting about your phone call from Disney, we all appreciate it.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #459
Kristina
DIS Veteran

I just listened to the podcast and they talked about the ticket fraud and mentioned that everyone with multiple day tickets will now have to show their ID when entering the parks. I rushed home to check this thread to see if there was an update that we could now buy longer tickets but I guess not . Perhaps showing ID doesn't do much since your name isn't actually on the ticket itself but for a moment there I had hope.

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #460
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I just listened to the podcast and they talked about the ticket fraud and mentioned that everyone with multiple day tickets will now have to show their ID when entering the parks. I rushed home to check this thread to see if there was an update that we could now buy longer tickets but I guess not . Perhaps showing ID doesn't do much since your name isn't actually on the ticket itself but for a moment there I had hope.
Now they are having people sign and or print their names on the tickets. Also apparently the Costco tickets the CMs take the ticket and give you new tickets with your name printed on them so they are starting to have names on tickets now.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #461
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Walt Disney himself would not have wanted for people to feel they had to limit or restrict their time at his wonderful park - so why do you?

I don't want to go to a beach for my holiday.

I want to go to Disneyland with my family... The happiest place on earth.
Actually - when Walt was alive I don't believe they sold anything more than one day tickets. When DL opened, one had to pay for each ride until they issued books with an admission ticket and ride coupons. If you were out of the right coupon you had to pay cash. That indirectly limited patrons' time in the park and served as an effective crowd control. Frankly the "all you can eat" policy really changed things. I remember going on Pirates several times in a row when there was no line. We'd run out and get back in and pretty much only one boat left while we were doing it. Before then, you'd need to be judicious about which coupon you used.

I don't know what the place would be like today if there was a similar coupon system. I think it was possible to buy an admission only ticket back then, although most people got the value books with the coupons. For someone on a multi-day trip, I believe it would have been possible to combine the coupons and maybe spend some days without really going on the rides. You could go shopping, eat, or just spend time watching parades and characters.

Walt of course had pride in his special place, but he was also a businessman.
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #462
jory29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
Actually - when Walt was alive I don't believe they sold anything more than one day tickets. When DL opened, one had to pay for each ride until they issued books with an admission ticket and ride coupons. If you were out of the right coupon you had to pay cash. That indirectly limited patrons' time in the park and served as an effective crowd control. Frankly the "all you can eat" policy really changed things. I remember going on Pirates several times in a row when there was no line. We'd run out and get back in and pretty much only one boat left while we were doing it. Before then, you'd need to be judicious about which coupon you used.

I don't know what the place would be like today if there was a similar coupon system. I think it was possible to buy an admission only ticket back then, although most people got the value books with the coupons. For someone on a multi-day trip, I believe it would have been possible to combine the coupons and maybe spend some days without really going on the rides. You could go shopping, eat, or just spend time watching parades and characters.

Walt of course had pride in his special place, but he was also a businessman.
Welcome to the DISBoards, bcla! I remember Walt's famous quote... "To all who come to this Happy Place... welcome! This land is your land....." Walt, in my personal opinion (by which I base both on his world renowned speech, as well as by his comments on why Walt created Disneyland, so as to be able to spend quality time with his family) would have felt strongly against limiting family time and even from preventing profit in the parks by limiting the time one could spend with their family within the park.

Last edited by jory29; 11-29-2012 at 01:06 AM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #463
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome to the DISBoards, bcla! I remember Walt's famous quote... "To all who come to this Happy Place... welcome! This land is your land....." Walt, in my personal opinion (by which I base both on his world renowned speech, as well as by his comments on why Walt created Disneyland, so as to be able to spend quality time with his family) would have felt strongly against limiting family time and even from preventing profit in the parks by limiting the time one could spend with their family within the park.
However, Disneyland has always had internal occupancy limits. They of course had safety in mind, as well as the comfort of their patrons. I don't know how Walt would have reacted to the multi-day passes and the steep discounts for additional days. Before the days of the multi day tickets, they stopped visitors at the door who had tickets when it was too crowded. Now they try to regulate it by killing one-day ticket sales.

The rental of five-day tickets does get around the point of issuing them from a business and occupancy perspective. Someone with a multi-day ticket legitimately using them might just stop by for a few hours on one or two days or even spread out time in the parks for a more leisurely pace. The person "renting" a ticket for one or two days will likely try to maximize the time and increase the overall usage.

In any case, they're being strict about enforcement now. I was checked for ID every single time. They're also making sure that each guest's name is printed on the ticket either by machine or with a permanent marker they provide. It wouldn't surprise me if the brokers weren't telling their customers to carry a dry erase marker. If they bring down the hammer, there is no practical way for these brokers to stay in business other than outright fraud. Right now it's a gray area in terms of legality, but if they can't consistently deliver it's fraud.

With the enforcement efforts, maybe they will reconsider longer tickets.
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #464
jory29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
However, Disneyland has always had internal occupancy limits. They of course had safety in mind, as well as the comfort of their patrons. I don't know how Walt would have reacted to the multi-day passes and the steep discounts for additional days. Before the days of the multi day tickets, they stopped visitors at the door who had tickets when it was too crowded. Now they try to regulate it by killing one-day ticket sales.

The rental of five-day tickets does get around the point of issuing them from a business and occupancy perspective. Someone with a multi-day ticket legitimately using them might just stop by for a few hours on one or two days or even spread out time in the parks for a more leisurely pace. The person "renting" a ticket for one or two days will likely try to maximize the time and increase the overall usage.

In any case, they're being strict about enforcement now. I was checked for ID every single time. They're also making sure that each guest's name is printed on the ticket either by machine or with a permanent marker they provide. It wouldn't surprise me if the brokers weren't telling their customers to carry a dry erase marker. If they bring down the hammer, there is no practical way for these brokers to stay in business other than outright fraud. Right now it's a gray area in terms of legality, but if they can't consistently deliver it's fraud.

With the enforcement efforts, maybe they will reconsider longer tickets.

When Walt was alive, the Park was an Amusement Park solely, and had not yet expanded into a Resort where executives have indicated in press releases that a Disneyland Resort guest would want to spend more than 5 days there. (I guess they meant that you may wish to purchase an annual pass , which is not a feasible option for many. The recommendation of purchasing an annual pass has been a generic response that Disneyland Guest Services has continued to write back to the guests who have written in a complaint about the discontinuation of the longer Park Hopper ticket.) As well, the addition of a 1, 2, or 3 day Park Hopper purchase 'added' on has been suggested by Disneyland Guest Services, which does make the 'cost per day' more expensive than when going up to 5 days only, which is in very poor taste in my opinion to treat those who are spending more money in the parks (food such as snacks and meals, etc.) who choose to spend more than 5 days, with such little regard. But hopefully, they are starting to think about it some more, and it looks as though they may be...

I agree with you that with the enforcement efforts, that they may reconsider bringing back the longer Park Hopper tickets. Fingers crossed! That, and a little
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #465
jory29
DIS Veteran

I have to post here: I had previously stated that I initially wasn't sure that fraudulent ticket use was at the helm of the problem for Disney - however, after reading this thread, where 3-day and even 2-day Park Hopper Disneyland Park Guests are now being asked for ID, it clearly WAS a legitimate issue. My post is #24 on this post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post46833312

Disneyland, I feel badly for you that such ticket abuse has taken place. I truly hope you can get a handle on it, and manage to make every legitimate Disney Guest feel welcomed at your Park (Resort) once again, by offering a longer-than-5-day-Park-Hopper-Pass once you gain control over this matter, which looks strongly in your favor!!

Last edited by jory29; 12-02-2012 at 12:48 AM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: