Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
zavandor
DIS Veteran

I wrote them an email telling that I'm planning 5 nights at GC next year but would be disappointed not having LOS tickets.

Oh well, if they don't change their policy I'll go one day to Universal. I was planning not to go since I went this year and I'll come back next year mostly for Disneyland and visit other places in California, but oh well, I cannot stay one full day in the hotel, even if it's very nice.
It's only weird that they don't want my money.

Last edited by zavandor; 08-22-2012 at 09:26 AM.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7179 View Post
We like to tour the parks slowly, stopping each day to eat lunch ($), head back to our resort hotel ($), and shop (more $ for Disney). I'm bummed to think that my options are to either pay what I feel is an unfair price for 2 different sets of tickets for Disneyland, scratch the Disneyland plans completely and go to Disney World, or spend a day or two at Universal. I'd love to see the policy change, or maybe you can correct me. Is it possible to add tickets to a 5 day hopper?
I agree with everything you say until the Universal comment. For us, it would cost roughly the same amount of money to buy a new ticket at DLR than to travel to and a buy a Universal ticket. No money savings there. If I were renting a car already, I'd probably go to the beach. If I didn't have a car, I'd either make my trip shorter or just sleep in and go to character meals at the resorts.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #18
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
I wrote them an email telling that I'm planning 5 nights at GC next year but would be disappointed not having LOS tickets.
What is considered Length of Stay? Number of nights + 1?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
To those who are averse to Disneyland no longer selling longer than 5 day passes, (like me!) PLEASE write to them to let them know you would love to purchase a 6 or 7 day pass. For those of us who have to travel a long ways to get here, 5 days really is NOT enough. I also mentioned in an email to them that a 2 times in one year 14 day pass (7 days each time) would be desirable, because upgrading to an annual pass is too $$$ to even consider if we do make it to Disney before a 12 months time period passes. (For the record, we are around 1670 miles away from Anaheim.)

It is more than ridiculous that once we pay a very high amount of money (with the newly raised parkhopper and annual pass prices) for a 5 day pass, that we would have to add on an even more expensive (per day) 3 day pass if we want to spend more time in the parks, PLUS we are spending additional $$$$ in their parks on food, drinks, and merchandise on all of those days. And of course, an adult is 10 years and up. All of us in our family are now considered 'adults.' In my heart of hearts, I can't believe Walt Disney himself would agree on kids prices being from age 10 and up.

Surely there is a way to ensure that the tickets are signed (with ID presented at that time or even at the gates I don't mind doing so) and I feel that a quick 'on-the-spot' photo, for a longer than a 5 day pass, especially in this day and age of computers, is entirely possible, yes?

Disney can do anything with movies and rides, why not the tickets??
A few days ago, I emailed them twice, and asked for the issue to be logged as a formal complaint. The CM forwarded my email to corporate.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
. And of course, an adult is 10 years and up. All of us in our family are now considered 'adults.' In my heart of hearts, I can't believe Walt Disney himself would agree on kids prices being from age 10 and up.
I agree with most of what you say however - I think anyone 40" and up should pay the same price. Most rides have no height requirement, most that do are 40".
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I agree with most of what you say however - I think anyone 40" and up should pay the same price. Most rides have no height requirement, most that do are 40".
Most guests reach 40" by the time they are 3 and a half. And 3 year olds pay 90-94% of the cost that adults pay, so for the most part Disney agrees with you.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
It's only weird that they don't want my money.
The problem isn't that they don't want your money. The problem is that they want much more of it!
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

I have emailed twice now this month. The first response I got a cpl weeks ago was a general "thank you for your comments" email. The second reply was actually a phone call!

While at work yesterday I got a voice mail from a CM apologizing for my unhappiness (we are staying 7 nights, 8 full days at the GCH starting next wk). I do have a cpl half day excursions planned, but like most we want to tour slow, shop, enjoy the pools, etc.

The CM said that due to recent fraudulent activity as of last week they have no way to extend the tickets past 5 days. She then suggested I get an AP after the first cpl days of our trip (they are blackout days).

I had also said in my email that I wouldn't have booked as long of a stay if I knew that by upgrading to an AP (nearly $700 more) or buying another set of 2 or 3 day tickets would be our only way of enjoying the parks for our length of stay.

The last 3 times we've been to DL we did 3-4 day trips. I do understand those that say you can do what you want in that time. Our goal for this trip was to take a different pace and do all the little things we normally skip

Hopefully more people write in. It won't change my trip next wk but might help others

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #24
MICKEYFIL
Mouseketeer

If you e-mail a company and say how disapponted you are with them but that you are still going to use their service, what reaction do you think the company will have? This reminds me of people complaining about ticket prices for sporting events that are sold out. How can you complain? The company is trying to maximize profits.

The attendance numbers are apparently doing well with the launch of Cars Land and even the increase on AP costs have not dampened demand. If you want to make an impact and show them how you feel, stop going to the park.
MICKEYFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #25
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

So many interesting and helpful replies, thanks very much to everyone contributing to this posting.

It is of merit to note that those stating that by supporting the company still, (by purchasing at least the 5 day park hopper pass), that Disney may not get the point of changing current ticketing methods if they don't feel the monetary loss.

On the other hand, with all of us being such hardcore Disney fans, it's clear that so many of us would still keep going. myself included. That being said, there are many people who are not such diehard Disney fans who will simply look elsewhere if they can't take the week long vacation with more days at Disneyland.

Valid point too, where it was mentioned that Disneyland has touted itself as a vacation spot - Disneyland RESORT do they not call it? What resort tries to limit their guests to only 5 days? Is it possible they simply are at an all time ticket sales high, and do not wish to accommodate more guests in their theme parks?

I also agree with the poster who mentioned it would be great if a newspaper or magazine could write an article about this new ticketing procedure. It would perhaps help to prompt Disneyland to be a little bit more understanding of their guests park hopper passes needs.

My reply from Disneyland, in answer to my email was fairly neutral I feel, so yet another excellent idea from the poster who requested to Disneyland that their comments be logged as a formal complaint. On the other hand, it looks like my remarks were forwarded to a leadership team, so that was good.

This is the reply I had received:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us about
the discontinued ticket media. As you are aware, our goal is to provide
the finest service and accommodations. Please be assured we take your
comments very seriously. Your remarks have been forwarded to the
necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

And yes, to the poster who mentioned the annual pass blackout dates - for those of us who may go to Disneyland fewer than say, 14 days or so during the year, due to long distance travel, it is more beneficial for us to have say, 2 passes valid for up to 7 days each, etc. so that there are no blackout dates. Because it would less than 4% of the year (365 day pass, using 14 days) this is another reason I am rationalizing that blackout dates and upgrading to annual passes don't work for the long distance Disney fans.

This is really interesting to me, how many of you wrote in, or will write in, to let Disneyland know how dissatisfied with this new ticket policy, and hopefully with enough correspondence from those here on the boards, we can encourage Disneyland to find a way to prevent fraudulent ticket use, as well as resolve this issue to our satisfaction.

I will write again to Disneyland Resort with a link to this thread, and see what sort of response I receive when someone from Disneyland reads it.

Thanks for all of the input. Everyone's posts are excellent!

One more thought... Though I see the point that a 10 year old is most certainly taking up just as much space on the ride as an adult... it is nice for the adults paying for the trip to get a bit of a break in the ticket price for child's pricing since they pay for themselves too, to be able to take their child(ren) into the park, and spend so much money on the entire trip in the parks. Hotels usually offer for children to stay for free, of course I am not asking for Disneyland to offer free park stays for children, but in my opinion, 12 or 13 years and up would be more suitable to be considered an adult in terms of payment for a ticket, with perhaps even a 'junior pricing' for the non-toddlers, implemented. A 3-tier pricing structure would not be that difficult to implement.

Edited to add: I just emailed a response to the customer service rep. who had initially responded to my concerns. I directed them to this post in my response, so they know that so many others are also disappointed in the new 5 day maximum Park Hopper ticket policy.

Last edited by jory29; 08-22-2012 at 12:43 PM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I just sent my letter, and outlined my frustration in detail. The letter finished with this:

I understand your need to curb fraud, but I urge you to look into other options. Why not implement biometrics as they do at Disney World? Why not require a signature and ID at the gate?

We'll see if I get a comment in return.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #27
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
I just sent my letter, and outlined my frustration in detail. The letter finished with this:

I understand your need to curb fraud, but I urge you to look into other options. Why not implement biometrics as they do at Disney World? Why not require a signature and ID at the gate?

We'll see if I get a comment in return.
Good call. Biometrics is obviously the answer, although there is a setup cost to implement it.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #28
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

I just sent an email too. Explaining our numerous previous trips where we spend 7-8 nights in either the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel and how we will be looking into other, non Disneyland options in the future due to the policy. I wish I could say it was an exaggeration, but it isn't.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Biometrics seems 'iffy' at some points if it's not working properly, (I'm saying this due to reading about issues with it at WDW on the DISboards) but is still an excellent idea if they can get it to work. Thanks!

Thanks, Lucille1963 for informing Disneyland Resort of how this will affect your future plans. And again, thanks to everyone else, too, for responding to this thread; it is only by open communication we may be able to persuade the Disneyland Resort to seriously look at and consider this issue (5 day max. limit Park Hopper passes) that so many of us now are requesting that it be changed.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
MamaChelle
Hakuna Matata

It's crazy how visitors can come up to solutions to disneys problems that would benefit everyone yet Disney can only come up with with solutions that cost more money to the very ones that spend their money at the resort! Sad that the ones that truly use them for a longer stay at the resort get punished for the ones that do the crime. Hopefully they take everyone suggestions and come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.
url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]

Last edited by MamaChelle; 08-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.
MamaChelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: