Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Christmas tree

Since we will be there for Christmas we are going to decorate our site. I was wondering if people put up a christmas tree at their site? I want to have a tree and put the kids presents under it for them.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
guardwife66
Mouseketeer

If you have never been to the Fort at Christmas, you are in for a treat. They campers go overboard with the decorations. I think Disney may have to charge more just for the increase in the electricity bill. lol. It is definitely a wonderful site to see.

So Yes, you can and are encouraged to put you tree up. Then take lots of pictures and come back here and share with us poor folk that have to stay home for Christmas.

Michele
- once you camp at the Fort, other campgrounds are never good enough
#1 April 1979(Spring Break) - off-site as child w/parents and brothers just MK || #2 Dec/Jan 1996/97(Christmas) - off-site w/DH, DS13, DS11, DD4
#3 June 1999 - off site, solo business trip (but "had" to go to AK ) || #4 April 2002(Spring Break) - off-site w/DH, DS17, DS16, DD9
#5 May 2006 - Ft Wilderness (Oh My Gosh, I found Home!) w/DH, DD13 || #6 October 2009 - Ft Wilderness w/DH, DD16 || #7 May 2010 - Ft Wilderness w/DH, DD17, DS25, DDil22, DGD3months & DS26, DDil24, DGD3, DGD1
#8 April 2011(graduation trip) - All Music w/DD18 || #9 Sept 2011(first time with no kids ) - Shades of Green w/DH || #10 May 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside w/DH

#11 Jan 2013(1st 1/2 marathon ) - Pop Century JUST ME for 20th WDW Marathon
Next trips: #12 May 2014 (Expedition Everest) - Ft Wilderness || #13 Oct 2014 or Nov 2014(either Twilight Tower of Terror 10 Miler or Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon - Ft Wilderness

guardwife66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Definitely, bring your tree. People decorate inside and outside just like at home.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Last year we had three trees and about 30 inflatables, with signs, lights, etc. it takes three days to put it up and a couple hours to pack it away. And we're not one of the over the top decoraters, either. You will see several sites with way more than we put up. We've been doing it for about 13 years.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Is there a thread I am missing showing pictures ofcamp site holiday decorations?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
dalovett
The Castle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Since we will be there for Christmas we are going to decorate our site. I was wondering if people put up a christmas tree at their site? I want to have a tree and put the kids presents under it for them.
Hey angelomom27, I put up 26 Christmas trees!!! Heck yes you can put up a Christmas Tree!

Dave
Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Well I guess I have a lot to look forward to. We will definitely be taking time to search the sites. So we can see it all.

I don't think we will have more than one tree. I will get some decorations.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
BeerMe
DIS Veteran

The Fort is a magical place at Christmas. Put up whatever you like - everyone else will enjoy it too

We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
dalovett
The Castle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy View Post
Last year we had three trees and about 30 inflatables, with signs, lights, etc. it takes three days to put it up and a couple hours to pack it away. And we're not one of the over the top decoraters, either. You will see several sites with way more than we put up. We've been doing it for about 13 years.
Actually, I try too keep it low key. I wouldn't think of doing anything over the top "not me",,,,,,,,,,,

Dave

HaHaHa
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Do they use real christmas trees or fake ones? I like real. Wonder if it will do well in the outdoors. If not I am sure the kids won't mind an alternative as long as Santa leaves them some gifts they will be ok.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

As long as you don't harvest your real tree in the Fort , I think the choice is yours. We use fake trees just because we use them year after year...and they don't drop needles. We have a table top tree inside, a 6 footer in the screen room and another 6 footer outside. A real tree should do well outside (as well as drop its needles outside), but any packages under there would be subject to water damage or pilfering.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
kcp1377
Mouseketeer

Sounds like an amazing time of year to visit!!

kcp1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy
As long as you don't harvest your real tree in the Fort , I think the choice is yours. We use fake trees just because we use them year after year...and they don't drop needles. We have a table top tree inside, a 6 footer in the screen room and another 6 footer outside. A real tree should do well outside (as well as drop its needles outside), but any packages under there would be subject to water damage or pilfering.
Well santa brings the packages that night so hopefully no water damage. I like the table top idea. Now that you mention it. I might just get a small fake table top one that I can sit on a table and put the presents out then. Or I could put it in the extra tent we use for storage. Thanks I think I have a bunch of options that will work.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: