Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We always go there as two adults and we have great interactions with the princesses. We weren't rushed, they spent time with us, took photos and chatted. We were automatically given our "wands" and were asked if we wanted the wands or swords.

We didn't feel rushed and they were quite busy. We had a small issue with the slippers we had ordered and were actually still there when the princesses started to come around a second time. Aurora paused at our table for a very quite chat again before she moved on and we left shortly afterwards.

We weren't the only adults there without kids and everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time.

As others have mentioned, the food isn't great. You're paying for the experience of eating in the castle and dining with the princesses. We always go and would go again. Also with Fantasyland now "open", assuming Ariel stays at CRT, it will be the only place to meet her at MK in her dress instead of with her mermaid tale.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Great breakfast and my favorite princesses!

We went for breakfast on our trip, and I could hardly contain myself, waiting for Ariel, my favorite! Got to see Princess Aurora and Jasmine and Belle. Jasmine was delightful! H and I 30th anniversary, so special treat for us. Loved seeing the little girls all dolled up and praying for a granddaughter one day to bring there! Loved the wishing stars and wand and sword and got into the program. The castle was gorgeous and we spent an hour taking pictures of the tapestries and inside after breakfast. Opened out onto fantasyland, where we got to ride Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, my favorites! Not feeling old at all. Also did Crystal Palace first full day and just about jumped out of my seat when Tigger and Eeyore came by! Actually, both Crystal Palace and Cinderella had omelets or crepes, which I prefer over greasy breakfast food, so I was happy with the choices. Both also included tip, but we gave extra for the waiters because we thought the service was so great.
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
heartpooh
Earning My Ears

. We don't have children and we have never felt out of place. The princesses flirt with my DH and he eats it up. The food at lunch is much better than the food at dinner but still worth going. We do the dining plan and it uses 2 TS credits but I believe the experience is worth it and you get a photo package. I have never felt rushed and the waiters/waitresses have always been fantastic. We have a collection of swords and wands but have never gotten a wishing star ( I am going to ask for one this time). This will be our first time eating there at Christmas time so I am hoping for some great decorations!!!
heartpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
katt789
DIS Veteran

Ive gone twice with all adult groups and everytime theyve treated us amazingly and we had an incredible time. If youre both adults they dont over do it either, they know their balance!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
NH0402
Earning My Ears

Hubby and I went there during our 25th Anniversary trip. We were seated at a window (awesome!) and Fairy Godmother announced our Anniversary to all. We received gifts (a sword for him and a princess wand for me). Truly a special, memorable experience! AND, the food was delicious.
P.S. Our 25th Anniversary trip - commemorating our Honeymoon at Disney - was truly the best ever trip. Every couple should enjoy Disney once without children...many, many special experiences!

"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."...Walt Disney

NH0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #36
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Took my daughter to Disney for her 21st birthday and that is where she picked for dinner. We were 4 adults and had a great time.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
ludari
DIS Veteran

I haven't but I would do it. I would even go by myself since I am a solo traveller. I would never let myself feel out of place or not do something because I am alone or not with kids.

I say do it and enjoy yourself.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #38
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I've never been to eat @ the castle, but this year my husband & I did the am breakfast at Akershus, and loved it. The breakfast buffet was good, we got our professional pic with Belle that was included, and all the princesses came to our table. We'd do this again for sure!
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: