Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Iheartdisney4
Earning My Ears

Bringing Groceries

Hi,
We will be driving from Canada. We would like to bring some groceries, to have breakfast in our hotel room and snacks for the kids and us in the parks. So my question is, when and where should we buy everything? I would rather buy non-perishables (granola bars, crackers, chips, candy,water, drinks etc.) here in canada before we leave. can i bring food like that into the states? And then things like fruits and vegetables and stuff that need to be refrigerated, I will buy in Anaheim I guess? Any suggestions for good, inexpensive grocery stores not too far out of our way on our way to DLR? I know that I could order from Von's but I'd rather go shop for it.
Thanks.
Iheartdisney4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

You should be able to find a list of banned foods to bring into the states on the US boarder website. Generally speaking no meat and no produce, as you get closer to California there are fruit restrictions. Your not allowed to transport citrus over the state lines depending on where you have been and going too. Dry goods should be ok either way, just be careful that nothing contains animal by product such as dog food or beef jerky. You just don't want extra hassle if your questioned at the boarder. We had to turn over our grapes coming back into Canada a few years ago.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
You should be able to find a list of banned foods to bring into the states on the US boarder website. Generally speaking no meat and no produce, as you get closer to California there are fruit restrictions. Your not allowed to transport citrus over the state lines depending on where you have been and going too. Dry goods should be ok either way, just be careful that nothing contains animal by product such as dog food or beef jerky. You just don't want extra hassle if your questioned at the boarder. We had to turn over our grapes coming back into Canada a few years ago.

Why on earth would there be a problem with beef jerky?

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: