Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #61
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews. I did not know that about the different burgers at Hard Rock. I like that.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #62
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Enjoying your reviews. I did not know that about the different burgers at Hard Rock. I like that.
Thanks! Pete loves trying them every chance he gets. He had one (I don't remember where) that had granny smith apples on it. I think that one was his favorite.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #63
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Three Broomsticks

Pete and I went to early entry at WWoHP again the next morning. We went to the Ollivander's show first. Pete and I were the only ones waiting in line for about 15 minutes, but once a couple of other families got in line, they started the first show. Even though there were several young children in the audience, they picked me to be fitted for a wand. Pete figures it was because we were the only ones waiting in line for a while. After that, we rode the Forbidden Journey again. By now, it was about 8:45, and Pete and I were both pretty hungry, but our reservation wasn't until 9:30. We checked to see if we could get in early, and there was no problem.

If you have a reservation for Three Broomsticks breakfast, you pay at the time you make your reservation. The fee includes your meal and a drink. I think that this is slightly cheaper than walking up and buying your breakfast directly from the restaurant. The morning that Pete and I went, they were taking walk-ups, but I'm not sure that they always do that.

One of the workers recommended the pancake breakfast as the best on the menu, so that's what I ordered. I also had an apple cider, but I didn't take a picture of that.

It comes with pancakes, bacon, sausage, and a butter croissant. The pancakes and croissant were great. The bacon was edible, but not crispy enough for my liking. I gave the sausage to Peter.

Peter ordered the traditional English breakfast with butterbeer.

Pete got the regular butterbeer, rather than the frozen. He really loved it. I had a taste, and I thought that it was far too sweet to enjoy much more than a sip.

The traditional English breakfast had eggs, sausage, black pudding, bacon, baked beans, grilled tomato, sauteed mushrooms, and breakfast potatoes. He didn't have much to say about this, but he ate everything. I think he was already starting to feel a little under the weather at this point. I think he tried to push through it, though, because he knew we had such a limited time at Universal.

Next up: More universal food
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #64
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Universal eats

We were still at IoA around lunch time, and Pete really wanted to get a turkey leg. He picked one up at a cart near Croissant Moon Bakery.

He really liked it. I tried a piece and I thought it was disgusting. It was very tough and had a funky aftertaste.

After he finished his lunch, I was starting to get hungry, and I could tell that Pete could use some air conditioning and a place to rest. We stopped at the first place we passed that fit those criteria: The Circus McGurkis Cafe Stoo-Pendous. The menu choices weren't that great, but I think Universal lacks much variety in food choices anyway. The set up is cafeteria style. There are two different lines to go through, but everyone seemed to go toward one line. I had no wait to be served since I checked for the shorter line.

I ordered a fried chicken sandwich.

This was decent. It wasn't great, but I think the CS options at Universal leave a little something to be desired.

I stopped at the candy store in Seuss Landing for dessert to pick up a butterfinger brownie.

It was really good. The butterfinger flavoring was all on top. There were chocolate chunks mixed into the brownie. I ate most of this, and Pete only had a bite. I should have known how off he was feeling, since he didn't try to steal my dessert.

In a few hours, I was ready for another snack, so we stopped by the Three Broomsticks for another treat.

Pete had a pumpkin juice.

He said it was good. I didn't try it.

I had the strawberry and peanut butter ice cream.

It was strawberry ice cream base with peanut butter swirls in it. It was good, but it needed more peanut butter.

Next up: Breakfast for one
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Last edited by ILikeWaffles; 12-30-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #65
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Tried the butter beer last Sept. WOW. Loved it. Love your reviews.

poohangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #66
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
Tried the butter beer last Sept. WOW. Loved it. Love your reviews.
The butterbeer was a little sweet for my taste, but Pete really loved it.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #67
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Croissant Moon Bakery - Round 2

After we had some snacks at the Three Broomsticks, Pete was really starting to not feel well. He didn't want to ride anything, but he really didn't want me to miss out on any park time, so he sat on a bench while I rode a couple of rides, but I took him back to the hotel shortly after. He spent the whole evening/night vomiting.

The next morning, Pete and I had planned to spend the morning at Universal until around one, then go to POR to check in. Pete had bought another set of MVMCP tickets to surprise me, and so we were going to head to MK around 4. When morning rolled around, Pete told me to go have some fun without him. He would stay and sleep until check out time. So I left Pete to sleep, and went to early entry at IoA again. The parks were empty. There were only about 20 people at WWoHP. After I took my last ride on the Forbidden Journey, I stopped at Croissant Moon bakery for breakfast.

I asked the cashier what she recommended, and she told me she recommended either the breakfast sandwich or a chocolate croissant heated so the chocolate was melted.

I chose the chocolate croissant.

This was delicious, but it was very messy with the melted chocolate.

I also had a toasted marshmallow hot chocolate.

It was wonderful. The marshmallow tasted perfect, but it didn't overpower the drink.

I went over to US for the rest of the morning. There was no one there. They were sending every guest through the Express line for every ride, whether they paid for express or not. One of the workers told me that at most they expected 2,000 people to be there that day.

I went back to the hotel by check out time, and Pete was feeling a little better, so it seemed like a good time to head over to POR.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #68
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

After we got into our room at POR (it was in a great location to the bridge to the main building - in Parterre Place at the end near Oak Manor), Pete decided that he was kind of hungry, and wanted to try to eat something, so we went to Riverside Mill.

Pete had chicken noodle soup.

He said it was alright, and he ate all of it, so I guess that counts as a rave review considering how sick he was feeling.

I had the Create Your Own Pasta. I had penne pasta with alfredo sauce, chicken, peas, and parmesan cheese.

This was really fun to watch them cook. It was a super huge portion. I thought it would fit on a plate, but the plate was too small for all the pasta. It was really good, and I couldn't eat it all. The bread was ok, but I didn't eat much of it.

I also had a piece of red velvet cake.

This was delicious. The cake was moist. The icing had a good cream cheese flavor, without it being too strong.

After lunch, Pete went back to the room to sleep, and I walked around POR and POFQ for a bit. Pete didn't mind if I went out to enjoy a park without him, but I knew it wouldn't be as much fun if he wasn't with me. So I went back to the room to check on Pete and spent the afternoon watching some tv with him.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #69
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

So sorry your DH got sick! That's not way to spend a vacation.

Jill in CO
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #70
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that your pasta was good! I'm doing the Princess 1/2 marathon next month and even though we're not staying at POR, we decided that we're going to do some carbo loading at the pasta station the night before. I'll probably have the Alfredo as well, it looks yummy (and so does the cake!)!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #71
jmm476
DIS Veteran

We were just at POR last month... how did I miss that red velvet cake?! I'm so disappointed in myself now!

I do love the make your own pasta station. The amount of pasta they give you is unbelievable! Carb loading there is a smart move.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #72
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I love the POR food court

I am so sorry Pete was sick and I hope he recovered quickly,

Terri
tluvstink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #73
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
So sorry your DH got sick! That's not way to spend a vacation.

Jill in CO
We managed to make the best of it. I just wish that he didn't decide to share. We still had a ton of fun, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I'm glad to hear that your pasta was good! I'm doing the Princess 1/2 marathon next month and even though we're not staying at POR, we decided that we're going to do some carbo loading at the pasta station the night before. I'll probably have the Alfredo as well, it looks yummy (and so does the cake!)!
The pasta station is really cool. I had fun watching them cook my pasta, and it was so good. POR's bakery section has so many good things in it (especially the cake).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
We were just at POR last month... how did I miss that red velvet cake?! I'm so disappointed in myself now!
I almost missed it at first, but I'm glad I didn't. It was delish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluvstink View Post
Great reviews! I love the POR food court

I am so sorry Pete was sick and I hope he recovered quickly,
Terri
We ended up at POR food court more than we planned, because Pete shared his stomach bug with me, but we both managed to bounce back quickly.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Riverside Mill

Pete and I had originally planned to go to MVMCP that night, but it was very clear that was not going to happen. So while Pete spent most of the afternoon sleeping, I managed to get out tickets changed to a different night. But Pete decided that he was feeling well enough to go to a TS restaurant. I found an ADR for Kona, so that was going to be our new plan. About an hour before we were supposed to leave, Pete told me that he just wasn't feeling up to it. So instead, we went to Riverside Mill.

I had a BBQ pork sandwich and fries.

I didn't really care for the sandwich that much. I can't really put my finger on why; I just know it wasn't really for me. The fries were pretty standard.

I also had a piece of chocolate cake.

It was really good. I thought it had the perfect amount of frosting. To be honest, I was really considering having a second piece (part of that may have been sulking because Pete was sick and we weren't really getting to do much, but the other part is because it was delicious).

Pete had a create your own salad.

He didn't eat much of this. It seemed to just upset his stomach more. He doesn't remember what he put in his salad (and I'm not sure that he could have told me at the time) but these are the available options: Romaine lettuce or Spring mix and add chicken or steak. Selection of toppings: bacon, blue cheese, broccoli, carrots, corn, chow mein noodles, cucumbers, dried cranberries, feta cheese, garbanzo beans, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, parmesan cheese, peas, and roasted red peppers. Selection of dressings: Caesar, Lite Italian, Mandarin Orange Sesame, Ranch, and Raspberry vinaigrette

He also got an oatmeal raisin cookie, but we didn't get a picture of it. He ate all of it, and said that he quite a bit better afterward. He decided that he felt well enough to go see some resort Christmas decorations, but then quickly changed his mind. We were supposed to go to Cape May for breakfast the next morning, but he told me to just cancel that so he could sleep in and maybe feel well enough to enjoy Epcot.

Next up: Riverside Mill breakfast
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #75
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

More Riverside Mill

The next morning, Pete said he was actually feeling great. We went to Riverside Mill for breakfast, since I had cancelled Cape May the night before.

Pete had a create your own omelet.

He had tomatoes, ham, and cheddar cheese in his omelet. He really enjoyed this. He thought the potatoes were decent, but nothing special.

I ordered a cheese danish.

It was good, but not spectacular.

After I had ordered the danish, I noticed the warm cinnamon rolls, so I went back and got one of those, too.

I was really pleased with my decision to go back. This was so, so good. It was flaky, but still very soft.

After breakfast, Pete was ready to tackle Epcot.

Next up: we actually manage to make it to an ADR
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: