Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Eating three meals at Disney on Deluxe can be a lot. Have you considered trying some of the Signature Restaurants? They have some delicious options!

I hope you enjoy your trip! The only reason I get hubby to go to WDW is for the food as well!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Eating three meals at Disney on Deluxe can be a lot. Have you considered trying some of the Signature Restaurants? They have some delicious options!

I hope you enjoy your trip! The only reason I get hubby to go to WDW is for the food as well!
I have to agree with the above poster. It seems like you will spend most of your time getting to and from your ADRs instead of actually enjoying the parks and such. I would suggest using snacks for breakfast, a sit down lunch @ one of the parks, and then a later signature resturant dinner. Unless you are planning on hitting the parks later in the day, then you could do something like a sit down breakfast, snacks for lunch, and a signature resturant for dinner.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I have to agree with the above poster. It seems like you will spend most of your time getting to and from your ADRs instead of actually enjoying the parks and such. I would suggest using snacks for breakfast, a sit down lunch @ one of the parks, and then a later signature resturant dinner. Unless you are planning on hitting the parks later in the day, then you could do something like a sit down breakfast, snacks for lunch, and a signature resturant for dinner.
I know that it's a lot of food, but that's just part of the way that we wanted to do our vacation. We'll probably never go with DxDP again (and only did it this time because it was so cheap to upgrade from the free DDP). Our breakfast ADRs are at 7:30/8:00 am. Lunch is usually set for 12:30/1:00. Dinner is usually at 7:30 pm or later. We will also have our car with us, so we won't have to rely on Disney transportation. DH and I both know that it will be a lot of food, but we also decided that this is probably what will work best with what we want out of our vacation.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWaffles View Post
Hopefully I leave my ADRs alone now, but the chances of that happening seem small.
Where's the fun in that?!

Yes, DXDP is a whole lot of food. We basically didn't eat it all but we did get to try a bunch of different things that we wouldn't have. We'd never get our own appetizers or desserts if not on DXDP, which always means I don't get to try the ones I want! I think you'll enjoy it! Plus I like knowing it's all paid for - except for the tips!!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Hello! We will be there during your stay, at a POR-Royal Guest Room as well! We'll be there Nov 29th-Dec 8th! Maybe we'll run into one another! Your ADR's look great

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW Offsite/ December 2009: WDW Offsite/ December 2011: POR
December 2012: POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW/Disney Dream (3 Day Bahamian)
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
Where's the fun in that?!

Yes, DXDP is a whole lot of food. We basically didn't eat it all but we did get to try a bunch of different things that we wouldn't have. We'd never get our own appetizers or desserts if not on DXDP, which always means I don't get to try the ones I want! I think you'll enjoy it! Plus I like knowing it's all paid for - except for the tips!!
There's no fun in that. I must have changed my ADRs around 20 times before starting this report, and there's no telling how many more times I'll change them in the next 3 months.

I know what you mean about DxDP. Pete and I talked about not getting it, but then we would have canceled a lot of places that we wanted to go. I know we'll never be able to eat everything that we're entitled to from the plan, but it will be fun to be able to try lots of different things. I agree about it being nice that it's all paid for, because I would never get my husband to eat at CRT if he had to pay OOP instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Hello! We will be there during your stay, at a POR-Royal Guest Room as well! We'll be there Nov 29th-Dec 8th! Maybe we'll run into one another! Your ADR's look great
I hope you enjoy your stay at POR! It's our first visit there, and I'm really looking forward to it.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Since I still have 3 months before I get to head to WDW, I thought I would pass some of the time by introducing Pete and me a little further.

We met on the internet just about 3 and half years ago. He lived in Seattle at the time. When we finally decided to meet in person, he flew across the country and was planning on staying for a week. He ended up staying a month, which was possible because he was on summer break from his college, and we were engaged by the time that he went back to Seattle. When he graduated, he moved to be with me, and he started a computer repair business.

Just a month ago, he got his dream job, which involves doing something that is too complicated for me to understand with computers. The only catch is that the job is about 5 hours away from where I go to school, so he lives there during the week and with me during the weekends.

I'm in my fourth year of medical school, which involves crazy hours on clinical rotations and lots of hours studying. I'm also in the process of applying to residency so I can have a job when I graduate.

We also have one other member of our family, a cat named Monet. I have been her servant for 12 years, and she tolerates Pete enough to let him live here. She likes laying on books and hoarding hair ties.

Pete's favorite Disney movies are Tron and Wall-E. His favorite Disney character is Jafar. We both expect that his favorite WDW park will be Epcot.

My favorite Disney movies are The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. My favorite Disney character is Peter Pan, and my favorite WDW park is MK followed by AK.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #23
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Thats an awesome yet crazy story of how you met! How cool!

What a great line up of reservations!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

I'm in! We'll be there at the same time - also on the DxDDP

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #25
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

I've been ridiculously busy the last several weeks. I start work at 6 am and get home at 9 pm if I'm lucky. I've been trying to keep up with everyone else's dining reports, but I haven't been posting much. I only have 2 more weeks of this chaos left, and then I get to go back to more reasonable hours.

I've made a few more ADR changes. Pete and I decided to try Yachtsman Steakhouse rather than Boma. We cut Whispering Canyon Cafe. The new dinner menu just didn't appeal to us.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Yelloweaver
Earning My Ears

We are there the same time as you too - originally at POFQ but they had no rooms open for when the free dining came out, so we moved to POR.

Your ADR's look great, I didn't even try for a BOG.

We are going 11/29-12/8.
Yelloweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelloweaver View Post
We are there the same time as you too - originally at POFQ but they had no rooms open for when the free dining came out, so we moved to POR.

Your ADR's look great, I didn't even try for a BOG.

We are going 11/29-12/8.
Maybe we'll bump into you there. It's a great time to be going, with Fantasyland opening and Test Track re-opening during that time.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #28
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

We paid for our trip yesterday. Only 44 more days! (41 days until Universal)
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

DH and I have been toying with the idea of adding another day. He found out a few weeks ago that his job gives him the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday, so that means we could leave then rather than Saturday. We found a super cheap hotel offsite for the night, and we'd probably just spend Saturday at DTD. The only catch is that originally we reserved a non-refundable hotel room for our drive down on Saturday night. I called to see if we could transfer it to Friday night, and the person I spoke with was willing to change the date, but she couldn't seem to figure out how to do it without us losing our deposit. She told me to call back tomorrow and talk to a manager about it. As long as we can make the switch without losing our deposit, we'll be leaving a day earlier.
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

We managed to get our hotels switched around, so that means we'll arrive in Orlando on 11/24!
ASMO -Feb. 2014
BWI/RPR Sept. 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: