Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #121
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah! You have arrived.

I love the hotel. It's pretty cute.

That castle is stunning.

I am reading another DLP TR and they just posted a picture of the ice rink in winter.

Your dad - He's either asleep or really excited! Love it!
The hotel was pretty nice. They're not as extravagant at the hotels at WDW, but very nice.

My Dad operates at two speeds....nonexistent.....and crazy.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #122
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Joining in and catching up!

Your Dad is like my Momma sleeps anywhere!

How cool to get a free upgrade on the flight as well.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #123
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Joining in and catching up!

Your Dad is like my Momma sleeps anywhere!

How cool to get a free upgrade on the flight as well.
Glad you're here.

My Dad is ridiculous with sleeping. He can sleep anywhere and he can fall asleep in like five minutes. I just don't understand it. I wish I could do that. LOL.

The upgrade was a very nice touch on the start of the trip.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #124
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Yay you're there

I love how whimsical the castle is too - I think DLP looks like the most beautiful park and I can't wait to see it Luckily I don't have to wait too long now

Love the pics of the Hotel NY too, especially the one of you guys in the taxi We're really hoping to go ice-skating there on our trip - if we do I'll definitely post pics Your room looks great too!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #125
Aussie Wendy
DIS Veteran

zanzibar138 - looking forward to your future TR as hoping to get to DLP Sept-ish 2013. Be fun to read an Australian's take on it and how you find it compares. I still can't decide if to stay off-site or blow the $ for on-site-the lack of tea and coffee facilities in the on-site hotels puts us off (silly I know for such a small thing but we like our cuppas when we wake up and before bed).

IheartDDuck-been reading avidly along for some time-love your writing and have gone off to read some of your earlier TR too.
TR Exploration Europe

Me DH DD:

Aussie Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #126
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, never seen the Disney Paris hotel before! How lovely!
Seeing the pictures leading into the park I was getting chills, I loved it there and I was getting flashbacks!
I agree, the Paris castle is the prettiest. I took so many pictures of it.
Your dad is the best, I love his excited expressions!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #127
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, awesome pictures of the hotel and the castle at DLP! I am like a couple other posters in that I know pretty much nothing about DLP. Can't wait to see more!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #128
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Yay! Disneyland Paris! I love the castle, so beautiful! I bet lit up at night, it's stunning! (I'm still baffled at the fact I was in Paris and did not go )
The hotel looks great, love the Mickey head comforter!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #129
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Yay you're there

I love how whimsical the castle is too - I think DLP looks like the most beautiful park and I can't wait to see it Luckily I don't have to wait too long now

Love the pics of the Hotel NY too, especially the one of you guys in the taxi We're really hoping to go ice-skating there on our trip - if we do I'll definitely post pics Your room looks great too!
That's what I love about it too, and the whimsical trees they put around it too. You'll have such a great time! Definitely link me to your TR if you plan on doing on so I can see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post
zanzibar138 - looking forward to your future TR as hoping to get to DLP Sept-ish 2013. Be fun to read an Australian's take on it and how you find it compares. I still can't decide if to stay off-site or blow the $ for on-site-the lack of tea and coffee facilities in the on-site hotels puts us off (silly I know for such a small thing but we like our cuppas when we wake up and before bed).

IheartDDuck-been reading avidly along for some time-love your writing and have gone off to read some of your earlier TR too.
Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoy it. And I know what you mean about wanting / needing coffee. There is a Starbucks in the DTD area though too. It doesn't satisfy the upon wake up before bed, but there's coffee close by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wow, never seen the Disney Paris hotel before! How lovely!
Seeing the pictures leading into the park I was getting chills, I loved it there and I was getting flashbacks!
I agree, the Paris castle is the prettiest. I took so many pictures of it.
Your dad is the best, I love his excited expressions!
My Dad constantly looks either excited or asleep. I think it's the two speeds that he has. I'm glad that it brought back memories. I try to pick out the photos that are best, rather than just posting everything that I have. Because then it would go on forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, awesome pictures of the hotel and the castle at DLP! I am like a couple other posters in that I know pretty much nothing about DLP. Can't wait to see more!
I can't wait to tell everyone about it and advise on my opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Yay! Disneyland Paris! I love the castle, so beautiful! I bet lit up at night, it's stunning! (I'm still baffled at the fact I was in Paris and did not go )
The hotel looks great, love the Mickey head comforter!
You know, the first time we went to Paris we did go, but I was so overwhelmed by Paris and everything else that we missed so much at DLP. You have to be willing to spend time there.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #130
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post

Not silly at all! That was one of Mum's top considerations when booking our hotels (unfortunately though I wasn't willing to spend an extra $100 a night for it lol!). I mainly chose off-site so that Dad wouldn't be too overwhelmed by being completely surrounded by Disney the whole time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That's what I love about it too, and the whimsical trees they put around it too. You'll have such a great time! Definitely link me to your TR if you plan on doing on so I can see!
I will definitely be doing a TR. I have discovered since joining the DIS that doing a TR gives me something to look forward to when I get home

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #131
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Not silly at all! That was one of Mum's top considerations when booking our hotels (unfortunately though I wasn't willing to spend an extra $100 a night for it lol!). I mainly chose off-site so that Dad wouldn't be too overwhelmed by being completely surrounded by Disney the whole time

I will definitely be doing a TR. I have discovered since joining the DIS that doing a TR gives me something to look forward to when I get home
The off-site / on-site debate is always tough. I'm telling you, if we had to pay out of pocket for the room, we likely would not have been staying on-site.

That's the best thing about the DIS! It keeps the time between trips a little easier to handle, because you get to live vicariously through other people's trips and reminiscing about your own!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #132
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Hi

Hi

Joining in. I'm so glad I found this trippie. I'm moving to Germany for a job in a month or so, I'll be there at least 3 years. I'm originally from London.

I am excited as we will be about a 3 1/2 hour drive to DLP. And Hubby thought this would be the end of my Disney adiction Though once he found out they have a golf course he was OK.

Loving your report. I need all the tips I can get. I know WDW like the back of my hand.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #133
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Hi

Joining in. I'm so glad I found this trippie. I'm moving to Germany for a job in a month or so, I'll be there at least 3 years. I'm originally from London.

I am excited as we will be about a 3 1/2 hour drive to DLP. And Hubby thought this would be the end of my Disney adiction Though once he found out they have a golf course he was OK.

Loving your report. I need all the tips I can get. I know WDW like the back of my hand.
That's awesome that you are moving to Germany! You'll be able to be within driving distance of DLP so you can keep your addiction going.

I'll try to keep the tips going if I can.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #134
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Hi

You will love Disneyland Paris. It is one of my favorite parks to visit too. I love WDW and Disneyland naturally but Disneyland Paris has a special place in my heart too
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #135
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
You will love Disneyland Paris. It is one of my favorite parks to visit too. I love WDW and Disneyland naturally but Disneyland Paris has a special place in my heart too
Thanks - though it does seem strange that I could be in a Disney Park and it be cold enough to ice skate and need my thermals I see you're in Illinois too

IheartDDuck - I'm looking forward to my European breakfasts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: