Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #106
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Finn is adorable. He sounds like a little trickster! So precious.

That food really does look amazing!

Driving sounds scary... haha.
marDgreen88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #107
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Love the update! How great to be able to stay with your family.

Breakfast looks so good and what a lovely garden spot in which to have it!

1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *

POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #108
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG Finn is SOOOOOOOO cute! How great that he was showing your dad different things because he knew he didn't understand the language. I love that.

Breakfast looks great and I think having meat, cheese, and bread for breakfast is the way it should be. I've never been a big fan of the "American" Breakfast.

I actually think its pretty awesome that there aren't any McD's on your journey. I rather eat what you had.

What a nice visit with your family.

Can't wait to see DLP.
He is absolutely adorable. We were fortunate enough to see him basically every day.

I've been eating that kind of breakfast for years. While I do love big breakfasts, that's not the norm for me, this kind of breakfast has always been so much more normal.

They did have a few fast food joints on the road and a few McD's adds, but they are definitely few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Finn is adorable. He sounds like a little trickster! So precious.

That food really does look amazing!

Driving sounds scary... haha.
He definitely was a clever little one.

Driving wasn't too bad. It's just they take left lane usage really seriously there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover View Post
Love the update! How great to be able to stay with your family.

Breakfast looks so good and what a lovely garden spot in which to have it!
Their garden was beautiful! It became a regular spot for us throughout the trip.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #109
katt789
DIS Veteran

Ah! This all looks like such a great time!! That breakfast looks delicious! Ugh, Nutella is seriously the thing I'm sure I miss most with all this healthy eating...baha! How cute is Finn!?! Ugh, love kids. That's so great that he caught on to your dad not knowing much of the language, awesome!!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #110
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Awesome!!! Little Finn is too cute!! And him teasing your dad
Can't wait for Disneyland Paris ahhhh

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #111
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah! This all looks like such a great time!! That breakfast looks delicious! Ugh, Nutella is seriously the thing I'm sure I miss most with all this healthy eating...baha! How cute is Finn!?! Ugh, love kids. That's so great that he caught on to your dad not knowing much of the language, awesome!!
Seriously, I normally never eat Nutella. At least not at home because it's a very unhealthy thing for me. Unhealthy because I would eat it ALL THE TIME!

Finn is adorable for sure. Such a cutie to have around for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Awesome!!! Little Finn is too cute!! And him teasing your dad
Can't wait for Disneyland Paris ahhhh
Finn's teasing was priceless. Hahaha. I have some pretty great videos of him too.

DLP is coming up soon, I promise. I will try not to wait a long time to update.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #112
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I know, it's my favorite thing over there! We think in terms of state to state here. My state takes like 8 hours to get from top to bottom!
I hear ya! Where I'm from - Western Australia - it takes 38 hours driving to get from top to bottom!

I know you may not believe me, so I did a map

In Victoria it's not so bad, and when we went on a road trip a while back, I got a kick out of crossing the state line to New South Wales (was only about 4 hours away)!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (Howard Johnson & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HK Disneyland Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) with HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #113
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I hear ya! Where I'm from - Western Australia - it takes 38 hours driving to get from top to bottom!

I know you may not believe me, so I did a map

In Victoria it's not so bad, and when we went on a road trip a while back, I got a kick out of crossing the state line to New South Wales (was only about 4 hours away)!
Oh, I absolutely believe you! You live in a huge country too! We clock about 18 hours for us to get from where we live down to Florida.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #114
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

What....Bell Services DOESN'T Expect a Tip?!

Day 1 - June 30th, 2012

I know everyone wants to hear about DLRP, so I'm trying to get there as soon as possible.

So it was around 5pm when we were finally(!) in the area of Disneyland Paris. It's pretty cool there, because you have to drive through a pretty small town before you get to the park itself. Pretty cool if you ask me.

We finally arrived at our hotel by 5:30pm, after having to go through what felt like 20 roundabouts to get there. Roundabouts are EVERYWHERE!

International Travel Tip #22 - If you're driving, take the opportunity to take in the scenery. You'll love it and it's one easy way to tell that you're not at home.

Check in was nice and fast.

The CM's at the Disney Paris hotels are outstanding in my opinion. They were the first time we visited and this time was no difference. On both occasions, they were super helpful, so so nice and spoke perfect English. Because they get so many visitors from all over, they always want to know about where you're from and if you've visited before. They're also stellar at giving you recommendations and making you familiar with the hotel. They're just really amazing.

So we get our room number squared away and start heading up there. This shows how great bell services is there. We show up to our room, and our bags were already there! And there was no bell services person waiting around for his tip.

International Travel Tip #23 - Check tipping procedures for the country you are traveling to. In a lot of cases, it's okay to still try to tip, but don't expect that they'll always accept it. For example, our driver from Heathrow airport didn't accept his tip and the Mousekeeper at the hotel never took the tips in the envelopes we left either. Their thought process? They're doing the job they're already paid for.

On the way to our room.

And now I give you....our room!

Clearly, from this picture, I was fascinated with something with my phone. Hahaha.

Little detail. Too cute.

We got ourselves settled in and unpacked really quickly. We wanted to head to the park and have some fun and get some dinner.

But not before having some fun in the hotel on the way out!

This was the "ice rink" in front of the hotel, which is really an ice rink during the winter. It was so tempting.

These signs were everywhere for the 20th anniversary.

We were almost there!

And soon, the most beautiful Disney castle, in my opinion.

Dad, tell me how you feel about it?

Up next: Where to eat and what to do?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #115
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I know less than nothing about DLP, so I'm loving this!

Aren't European hotel rooms usually pretty small? That room looks like it's a pretty good size! The NYC theme is really cute, I love resorts like that (NYNY in Vegas is one of my faves-it's fun!). Love the tiny cab photo as well.

That castle is stunning. Who's castle is it? Cindy's? Maddie was looking at your pics over my shoulder and now she REALLY wants to go to Paris. Off to call DH to see if it's too late to re-negotiate his salary.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #116
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I know less than nothing about DLP, so I'm loving this!

Aren't European hotel rooms usually pretty small? That room looks like it's a pretty good size! The NYC theme is really cute, I love resorts like that (NYNY in Vegas is one of my faves-it's fun!). Love the tiny cab photo as well.

That castle is stunning. Who's castle is it? Cindy's? Maddie was looking at your pics over my shoulder and now she REALLY wants to go to Paris. Off to call DH to see if it's too late to re-negotiate his salary.
Most hotel rooms in Europe are pretty small, but at DLRP, because they know they have American travelers, they are a lot larger in size than they normally would be. But, depending on the level of hotel you get, similar to WDW, the room sizes go down.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the NYC motif, but it was really nice.

The castle in DLRP is Sleeping Beauty's castle, like in Disneyland. It's just very fantastical looking, because they didn't want it to look like a normal castle in a country and continent where there are castles everywhere.

Good luck re-negotiating hubby's salary!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #117
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Love learning new languages. LOL

I don;t think I could drive there but you never know.

I loved DLP but we did not stay at a hotel but do plan on it next time. Can't wait for more photos.
scottny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #118
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wait... people wait around for their tips? That happens?

The hotel looks cute! Is it just me, or does the resort behind the ice rink look a lot like the Yacht Club?

Ahhh so beautiful!!! That castle is phenomenal. Can't wait to see what yall do first!!
marDgreen88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #119
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Love learning new languages. LOL

I don;t think I could drive there but you never know.

I loved DLP but we did not stay at a hotel but do plan on it next time. Can't wait for more photos.
Haha, who doesn't love learning new languages?

My Dad drove the whole time, but I admit I kind of wanted to drive myself.

Hotel New York was nice. I had wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but we didn't have quite enough points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wait... people wait around for their tips? That happens?

The hotel looks cute! Is it just me, or does the resort behind the ice rink look a lot like the Yacht Club?

Ahhh so beautiful!!! That castle is phenomenal. Can't wait to see what yall do first!!
Good spot on the resort in the background of the ice rink. That is the Newport Bay Club, and it is reminiscent of the Yacht Club. That's the resort we stayed at the first time that we went to DLRP.

That castle is amazing, it's my absolute favorite one. Trumps all others in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #120
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah! You have arrived.

I love the hotel. It's pretty cute.

That castle is stunning.

I am reading another DLP TR and they just posted a picture of the ice rink in winter.

Your dad - He's either asleep or really excited! Love it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: