Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #16
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Yea! You're off to a great start...and I'm laughing already!

The "no personal space" people were probably practicing for when they got to europe...

My DH sympathizes with your dad. We've been living in Belgium for three years, and I think the thing DH misses most about the States is having an ice maker in the freezer!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start! I love your nails, I hope they last through the whole trip!

Yay for being upgraded, that must have been nice on such a long flight!

Can't wait to read more!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Personal space - pet peeve. Why do people feel the need to stand on top of you....ewwww. Yeah for the upgrade. Your haircut is super cute..... And I think I need to say your dad is great! I love those facial expressions. Can't wait for the next installment.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
OMG, I don't know what I would do if that happened to me! I would be furious and tell them I didn't care that it was their "mistake", but the fact is that it was their mistake and they should honor it.

I agree about the McDonald's thing though. It's totally better that they don't serve it all the time, because then I would eat it far too often.
Oh I created quite a scene. Eventually they some how found seats on the plane for us, but not upgraded. We got there. And I got $375 worth of vouchers each for both my husband & me...which is being put to good use next week to fly to Disneyland!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Joining in the fun!

I've said it before and I'll say it again--I heart your dad.

Yay for an upgrade!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

Can't wait to hear more!
I know, he's kind of hard to resist at times, as much as you try to. He just pulls you in.

I was happy with the upgrade, it was a nice way to start the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Yay for the free upgrade

Um I think you guys are spoilt Pretty much all flights in Australia have a 7kg carry on limit. They usually don't bother to weigh it unless it looks overweight, but depending on the airline, you definitely need to be prepared for having it weighed.

I'm curious, where were your backpacks? When I first read your story I assumed they were checked in. But if you had them with you at the gate, I'll have to assume they were cabin baggage too. And if they were cabin baggage too, how did simply transferring your things from one bag to another help with the weight limit - am I missing something?
We are a little spoiled, because I do know that it's common on international flights. I think because a lot of people domestically travel for business, they don't weigh the baggage for carryons, but internationally it can be different.

The backpacks were our purses technically, so they went under the seats in front of us. Considered the "personal item". Haha. I know, it's stupid, right? Seriously, they're weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Yeah for the upgrade......................probably cause some idiot weighed your CARRYONS!

Champagnee, in a sweet no stem cuppy thing. weeeeeee!

Up late...good to get another installment to keep me company..thanks.

KIM
YES, that's exactly why we were upgraded....I wish.....LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Yea! You're off to a great start...and I'm laughing already!

The "no personal space" people were probably practicing for when they got to europe...

My DH sympathizes with your dad. We've been living in Belgium for three years, and I think the thing DH misses most about the States is having an ice maker in the freezer!
Glad that I got you laughing early.

I know, the personal space thing is different overseas. The funny thing is, I don't have a problem with it there, because it's a cultural thing and I expect it. Here, I'm just like "get out my face!"

My Dad would die if they moved to Belgium. I am convinced. Also because he got a lot of grief from our relatives for drinking soda. He just wouldn't do well. I'm fine, because I've never been an ice user, nor do I drink my water freezing cold. That's the European I did get. My mom drank things that way so I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Great start! I love your nails, I hope they last through the whole trip!

Yay for being upgraded, that must have been nice on such a long flight!

Can't wait to read more!
I loved the nails too, it was a great color.

The upgrade was nice. It was no first class, but it was nice to have more leg room for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Personal space - pet peeve. Why do people feel the need to stand on top of you....ewwww. Yeah for the upgrade. Your haircut is super cute..... And I think I need to say your dad is great! I love those facial expressions. Can't wait for the next installment.
I don't get it either, honestly. I can stand it more in places when it's expected, like Disney World in line, but other places, really? Really? You just rying to annoy me.

My brothers and I get our facial expressions from both of our parents, but with my dad he just can't take a serious picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Oh I created quite a scene. Eventually they some how found seats on the plane for us, but not upgraded. We got there. And I got $375 worth of vouchers each for both my husband & me...which is being put to good use next week to fly to Disneyland!
Yay that you got vouchers out of it! I would have been okay with it then too. Free trip! Have fun in Disneyland! I'm jealous. I want to go back so bad, I just can't find the time.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
We are a little spoiled, because I do know that it's common on international flights. I think because a lot of people domestically travel for business, they don't weigh the baggage for carryons, but internationally it can be different.

The backpacks were our purses technically, so they went under the seats in front of us. Considered the "personal item". Haha. I know, it's stupid, right? Seriously, they're weird.
Well that's just silly Didn't they realise it would still be the same amount of weight in the cabin?

And that's our domestic policy on carry ons They actually allow you to have a slightly bigger carry on bag for international but I think it's the same weight...

Forgot to say, I totally agree with the personal space thing! I can't stand having my personal space invaded, anywhere, at any time Gee I'm going to do real well in Europe and HK

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
MEK
DIS Veteran

Can i just say that I cracked up not once, but twice while reading this. First at the lady driving her car into the dunkin donuts and second, at your dad's extreme gooberness face. Too funny!

Score on the upgrade and the champagne. This looks likes its going to be a fun flight.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm here! That's awesome you got an upgrade! Good way to start the trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Well that's just silly Didn't they realise it would still be the same amount of weight in the cabin?

And that's our domestic policy on carry ons They actually allow you to have a slightly bigger carry on bag for international but I think it's the same weight...

Forgot to say, I totally agree with the personal space thing! I can't stand having my personal space invaded, anywhere, at any time Gee I'm going to do real well in Europe and HK
I wondered that myself. But think about it too. So they make you empty your carryon potentially, and then put it in your checked baggage.....still the same weight on the plane......it's a life mystery.

You know, I'm okay with my personal space being invaded in Europe, because I know that's how they are. But in the states, I'm weird about it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Can i just say that I cracked up not once, but twice while reading this. First at the lady driving her car into the dunkin donuts and second, at your dad's extreme gooberness face. Too funny!

Score on the upgrade and the champagne. This looks likes its going to be a fun flight.
I'm glad I did the Dunkin' Donuts story some justice, because honestly it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing. And snorting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here! That's awesome you got an upgrade! Good way to start the trip. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!
It was a great way to start the trip for sure. It was certainly a nice surprise, as that's never happened to me before.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #26
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Going back to read!

... ok! Back and caught up:

HOORAY for departure days! And even more HOORAY for free upgrades!!

Last edited by teekathepony; 08-21-2012 at 06:35 PM.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I'm here! Going back to read!

... ok! Back and caught up:

HOORAY for departure days! And even more HOORAY for free upgrades!!
Yay! Your trip is coming up so fast, I've got to get caught up on your plans. You must be ready to high tail it out of here!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

Loving your trippie! Think yourself lucky you weren't flying an economy airline
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
loladelorean
The Disney Pro!!!

Really enjoying this! Looking forward to reading your DLP section. Being Scottish, I need to ask, what's a goober? I suspect it's similar to a Glaswegian "dobber"...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more. Even though I was there I am still excited to read your TR.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: