Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #151
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

When we got stuck on Haunted Mansion in December for 15 minutes or so, everyone clapped when it started up again. Americans are fun too!

I'm loving what I'm seeing of DLP so far! It's gorgeous. My friend Amanda is a Haunted Mansion junkie as well, so she's made me listen to Phantom Manor recordings and no, I cannot. That bride. I'm easily scared, okay? Hahah.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #152
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
When we got stuck on Haunted Mansion in December for 15 minutes or so, everyone clapped when it started up again. Americans are fun too!

I'm loving what I'm seeing of DLP so far! It's gorgeous. My friend Amanda is a Haunted Mansion junkie as well, so she's made me listen to Phantom Manor recordings and no, I cannot. That bride. I'm easily scared, okay? Hahah.
Hahahaha, I know American's are fun. I just found it to be magnified in Europe for some reason. And let's not even talk about when we get to the World Cup, because it was going on while we were there.

Phantom Manor is a little more frightening than other versions, I have to say. I'll keep in mind that you're easily scared.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #153
katt789
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness everything is so amazing, I cannot WAIT to get to the overseas parks, everything looks so awesome!!

AH! Seriously my first thought with the picture of the chicken was "wow....it's a portion...not a half a chicken..." it's VERY rare that I finish all of my food in WDW, even just a sandwich. I'm that person who gets a sandwich at cosmic rays, and takes off half the bun and half the meat, and then eats the rest. I'm weird

HM sounds great!! That sucks that Indy was down though!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #154
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Omg, I had kind of forgotten about Phantom Manor until I saw your pictures! I remember we were incredibly impressed with it, especially the architecture of the building, so gorgeous! It was one of my favourite things there
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #156
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Yay for Pirates and Phantom Manor! Two of my favourites (well, HM is anyway - I assume PM will be lol!) I'm hoping we can convince Mum to go on those two rides. She hates anything that goes fast, whizzes around, or drops, but I think we'll have a hard time convincing her to go on anything that she can't see...

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #157
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Oh Fantasyland in DLRP looks so cool! It's so much more... open, I feel. I would say I wish they did this in Florida, but then it would be SOOO much hotter so... maybe not. And I gotta agree on their packaging for food, Disney World and DLR should take a note from them though I love their packaging too. Sheesh, it's so hard saying which one is better though I really don't want to, but want to. AGGGHHHH, THE CONFLICTING EMOTIONS!

*ahem*

I could also go for one of those Bavarian Hot Dogs (FRANCE HERE I COME!) Wow, Adventureland and POTC looks so cool. It's awesome that they have it all original in there, but don't they still have the pirates chasing the ladies at WDW and DLR? Sorry to hear you couldn't ride the Indiana Jones ride though :/

YAY! PHANTOM MANOR! I've seriously become such a big fan of the Haunted Mansion over these past few months and especially the one's around the world. Phantom Manor does really look the coolest and the fact it follows the bride's story with new narration and scenes like that. Oh I want to see it so bad especially hearing from a person whose actually been on it how good it is compared to the others. And I think I could totally live with the loud, no-shame Europeans after reading this. Europe really is so much cooler than we are

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #158
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Oh my goodness everything is so amazing, I cannot WAIT to get to the overseas parks, everything looks so awesome!!

AH! Seriously my first thought with the picture of the chicken was "wow....it's a portion...not a half a chicken..." it's VERY rare that I finish all of my food in WDW, even just a sandwich. I'm that person who gets a sandwich at cosmic rays, and takes off half the bun and half the meat, and then eats the rest. I'm weird

HM sounds great!! That sucks that Indy was down though!
Now that I've been to DLRP, my next thing is to get myself over to Tokyo Disney. So there.

The servings are soooo much more manageable over there, and they have healthy options to choose from too which is great. I didn't have to get dessert all the time, they had fresh fruit options too. It was very nice.

I was a little sad about Indy, but I've heard mixed reviews on it, so I wasn't extremely upset about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Omg, I had kind of forgotten about Phantom Manor until I saw your pictures! I remember we were incredibly impressed with it, especially the architecture of the building, so gorgeous! It was one of my favourite things there
Phantom Manor was definitely my favorite thing there. I loved it! It helps that I adore the Haunted Mansion in general, but it was really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Loving your International Travel Tips!!!

That Haunted Mansion looks amazing! Sounds like a great great day!
Hahaha, the tips just came out of nowhere for me, because they just came to mind. LOL. It was a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Yay for Pirates and Phantom Manor! Two of my favourites (well, HM is anyway - I assume PM will be lol!) I'm hoping we can convince Mum to go on those two rides. She hates anything that goes fast, whizzes around, or drops, but I think we'll have a hard time convincing her to go on anything that she can't see...
I know what you mean. You'll love Phantom Manor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Oh Fantasyland in DLRP looks so cool! It's so much more... open, I feel. I would say I wish they did this in Florida, but then it would be SOOO much hotter so... maybe not. And I gotta agree on their packaging for food, Disney World and DLR should take a note from them though I love their packaging too. Sheesh, it's so hard saying which one is better though I really don't want to, but want to. AGGGHHHH, THE CONFLICTING EMOTIONS!

*ahem*
It is a lot more open there. It's a nice change for sure. But you're right, it would be soooo much hotter in Florida without all of the coverings and awnings. I loved the packaging on the food so much, it was adorable! I loved the food there in general though.

Quote:
I could also go for one of those Bavarian Hot Dogs (FRANCE HERE I COME!) Wow, Adventureland and POTC looks so cool. It's awesome that they have it all original in there, but don't they still have the pirates chasing the ladies at WDW and DLR? Sorry to hear you couldn't ride the Indiana Jones ride though :/
For real, after I tried a bite of my Dad's bavarian hot dog, I was like "why didn't I get that!" It was soooo good.

On the Pirate's in DLR and WDW, they switched it around, and the women chase the pirates with brooms to hit them. They thought that if the pirates chased the women it would be....questionable. I think it's crazy. LOL.

Quote:
YAY! PHANTOM MANOR! I've seriously become such a big fan of the Haunted Mansion over these past few months and especially the one's around the world. Phantom Manor does really look the coolest and the fact it follows the bride's story with new narration and scenes like that. Oh I want to see it so bad especially hearing from a person whose actually been on it how good it is compared to the others. And I think I could totally live with the loud, no-shame Europeans after reading this. Europe really is so much cooler than we are

Can't wait to read more!
Phantom Manor was awesome. I knew I was going to love it, I just didn't realize that I would love it that much. And, the fact that the narration in the stretching room is in French is just so awesome. But I'm easily amused.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #159
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I'm with you on the Pirates... isn't the whole point of being a pirate that you aren't PC? If you were all about being PC... I think you'd find a whole different line of work...

Since I was only in DLP for one day two years ago... some of my memories are fuzzy but I do clearly remember Phantom Manor... both for its location/theming...Isn't in their Frontier land... (?) and isn't it near Big Thunder Mountain? So it's def got a Haunted House in the West...desolate kind of thing going on... (It's kind of cool to see how they interpret the American West... the seem to be really into it...

It is scarier ...it definitely felt darker plus hearing the narrative in French is kind of disconcerting so it sort of throws you...

Dang for no Indy but they were nice enough to inform you in three different languages...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #160
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I'm with you on the Pirates... isn't the whole point of being a pirate that you aren't PC? If you were all about being PC... I think you'd find a whole different line of work...

Since I was only in DLP for one day two years ago... some of my memories are fuzzy but I do clearly remember Phantom Manor... both for its location/theming...Isn't in their Frontier land... (?) and isn't it near Big Thunder Mountain? So it's def got a Haunted House in the West...desolate kind of thing going on... (It's kind of cool to see how they interpret the American West... the seem to be really into it...

It is scarier ...it definitely felt darker plus hearing the narrative in French is kind of disconcerting so it sort of throws you...

Dang for no Indy but they were nice enough to inform you in three different languages...
We had a conversation with our family regarding Americans while we were over there, and it's hilarious that they actually completely associate Americans with the Wild West. That's totally how they think of us. It's great. It's not that they all think that we live in the west and ride horses, but it's the thing that sticks out in their head the most because it's unique.

What I love about Phantom Manor and all of the Haunted Mansion incarnations is that they appear in a different land in all of the four parks that the Haunted Mansion is in.

Disneyland = New Orleans Square
Walt Disney World = Liberty Square
Disneyland Paris = Frontierland
Tokyo Disneyland = Fantasyland
Hong Kong Disneyland = Mystic Point (when it opens)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #161
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Oooh, Oooh!

Oooh, oooh, another installment

Yoho yoho a 's life for me. Arrgghh....not so PC pirates...go figure In WDW the only chasing is the wife with the broom right? Though there is the sale of the wenches...."we want's the redhead".

I'm just in awe of Phantom Manor, great theming. I'm with you on Tokyo Disney. I've been near Tokyo twice and I've not been able to go. I'm sad about that now, I should have got there somehow.

Wonder that is happening with Indiana Jones - does anyone know?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #162
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Oooh, oooh, another installment

Yoho yoho a 's life for me. Arrgghh....not so PC pirates...go figure In WDW the only chasing is the wife with the broom right? Though there is the sale of the wenches...."we want's the redhead".

I'm just in awe of Phantom Manor, great theming. I'm with you on Tokyo Disney. I've been near Tokyo twice and I've not been able to go. I'm sad about that now, I should have got there somehow.

Wonder that is happening with Indiana Jones - does anyone know?
You are right, there is always the "we want's the redhead!". And generally the sale of wenches.

Tokyo is my next dream trip. I've wanted to go to the city itself for the longest time, and there's no way I could go out there and NOT go to Disney. What kind of fan would I be.

I tried to find information online and couldn't find anything on Indiana Jones, so I think that it was just closed for a standard refurb.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #164
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am just loving looking at your pictures and taking it all in! I love the differences but hate they are so far away! It all sounds so fun! I like it when people enjoy the rides (like in the stretching room) but too many people are uptight!
I know, I wish I could visit more often, but man the price of an airline ticket is definitely enough to dissuade people from going. LOL.

I love it when people enjoy rides too! Not when they're all stuck up.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #165
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Day 1 June 30, 2012

We enter the stretching room, and it was hysterical! When it reached the part where you have to look up at the ceiling and it goes pitch black, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE!) in the room screamed at the top of their lungs for the longest time. I've never seen that in WDW. Never in my life. And I will honestly tell you that when we went on Phantom Manor again later in the trip, it happened again. Man, they're fun here!

International Travel Tip #25 - Europeans are very boisterous and they really have no shame in being loud. Go with it....it's fun.

Up next: Let's do some shopping at DLRP!
Hey are you saying that I am Boisterous......
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: