Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Question Looking for hotel near DL with good pool

We've decided to drive up to Anaheim from SD the night before we check into GCV instead of the morning of check-in so we can hit the parks that much sooner. We're looking for a suggestion of a hotel close to DL (doesn't have to be right across the street since we really will just be sleeping there) but would like a nice pool for DD. The HoJo with Water Park is not showing available for our date.

Thanks for any suggestions!

PJ

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
kimmypie1
Mouseketeer

The ramada main gate just remodeled their pool. Has a splash area and everything. Plus you get free breakfast (bagels, eggs, donuts etc). We normally stay there when we drive up from SD as well but this time we are opting for Paradise Pier when we go tomorrow!!
kimmypie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypie1 View Post
The ramada main gate just remodeled their pool. Has a splash area and everything. Plus you get free breakfast (bagels, eggs, donuts etc). We normally stay there when we drive up from SD as well but this time we are opting for Paradise Pier when we go tomorrow!!
Thanks for the suggestion! Ramada Inns around here are pretty bad so hadn't even looked at them.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
kimmypie1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Ramada Inns around here are pretty bad so hadn't even looked at them.
It is no GCH that's for sure. It is a motel after all but the rooms have been remodeled recently. It is clean and safe and a 5 min walk to DL
kimmypie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

What do you want in a pool? Is she a swimmer who will be wanting to really swim? A shallower pool so she can play in it? Or is it the splash pad you want? Everyone has different opinions about pools! For me, HoJo doesn't even *count* as a place with a great POOL. They have a great water play area, but that's not a pool. (though honestly their *pool*, over in the garden area, is decent, and is the first place DS really tried to swim on his own, so yay, fond memories, but nowadays he would want something different)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
What do you want in a pool? Is she a swimmer who will be wanting to really swim? A shallower pool so she can play in it? Or is it the splash pad you want? Everyone has different opinions about pools! For me, HoJo doesn't even *count* as a place with a great POOL. They have a great water play area, but that's not a pool. (though honestly their *pool*, over in the garden area, is decent, and is the first place DS really tried to swim on his own, so yay, fond memories, but nowadays he would want something different)
She's only 6 so we're looking for a place she will enjoy playing to work off some energy after the car ride. She does like to really swim but water features are definitely a bonus.

Thanks!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
rramstad
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Ramada Maingate. There are some water features, but the best thing with the pool is that it's zero entry i.e. it starts like a shoreline or beach and just gets gradually deeper. Super awesome for younger kids and beginning swimmers... and the pool is big enough for older kids too.

Close to park, and yes, it's an older property, like anything else on Harbor.

(I've heard good things about Anaheim Plaza for people who want a really big deep pool, but the rooms can be meh. That's an older property that needs a lot of TLC from what I've been told, but again, it's probably the other main motel on Harbor that gets discussed as far as really nice pools.)
rramstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Thansk again!

Since we will be driving to GCV to check-in the next morning, the hotel doens't have to be right across the street if anyone can suggest newer options as well please.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Disneygrandmareno
Earning My Ears

Another Vote for Ramada Maingate

We have stayed there for 25 years, mainly because the pool has been the best pool around for our kids and grandkids and I think the pool is alot bigger than any other hotel around.

June 2011 Disneyland
Sept. 2011 Disneyland
Oct. 2011 Disney World
June 2012 Disneyland
Sept. 2012 Disneyland
March 2013 Disneyland

Prior to 2011 twice a year since 1985
Disneygrandmareno is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: