Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #3241
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
No worries Carrie... So have you ever posted pictures of all your machines? If so, I may have missed them, but I'd love to see.

D~
I think I did right after I refurbed Beth. But, you could come over to my Kiddley Divey Sewing page on FB and see all of them and why they each have a Little Women name. . Those posts were in Sept. last year, not too far down the page though, for anyone interested.

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #3242
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Yeah...it is pretty bad...we are taking a short trip to Disney (as in one day) to celebrate you youngest DD's 13th birthday in June. We decided to make a swing by the beach for a day or so on the way back. We offered to take the Princess with us, but my DIL has yet to respond! Of course, the Princess did make an announcement that she is going to the beach with her little friend Eden...news to us...

Ohhhhhhh we will be in Disney the first week of December! Staying at POFQ... we need to get together!

Nini
I hope your June trip for your DD's birthday will be great. I think it is interesting that your Princess made the annoucement. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

We are planning on staying at Coronado Springs but I am sure we can get together while we are there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, I missed your post about her. I hope that things come together and start to return a bit to normal. I also hope that your cousin is doing OK. Being the 'responsible adults' - does that mean that you now have custody of your cousin?

Happy to hear that you are planning another trip and you get to go in December... It is a dream of mine to go at that time. I can't wait to see what you make for that trip, because I always love that you dress up.

D~
Thanks D~. My cousin is a young adult so we are more watching over her than anything else. It is touch and go at this point since we don't know how much help she will need over time.

I am looking forward to a trip in December as well. I am just trying to figure out what temperature ranges I should prepare for. I think a sweater will be on my to-do list though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2 View Post
I really want to join the disboutiquer club. It's one of the coolest ones on the board and I want in. I don't sew but have always wanted to learn. I got really inspired by Dgeurts bags and some of the other fun stuff that people have done so I wanted in. Today I tried to join.

I have been reading this thread for months. I watched youtube videos, I visited some sewing machine stores, fabric stores, read books and did lots research.

I was committed. Even if no one else understood, I was going to do it. I went to Sears because they had a couple of different choices, I had some rewards points and a 10% coupon. I had my heart set on a brother machine but when I got there, the Singer Stylist had so many more features (some I learned about during the research stage) that I decided to get that one.

Why, Sears are you making the little old lady that sells vacuums and sewing machines use an Ipad to ring people up? Why are you torturing her that way? The coupons never work so we wound up going over to the register anyway.

Anyway, the coupon would not take because it was some everyday low price and I could only use my points. Anyway, it was $191.00 once my points were taken into consideration, with tax $202. Not a great deal but I felt bad for spending so much time with this lady so I bought it.

I got home and looked on Amazon for the same machine. $164 . I took it back to Sears right away. I have $80 in gift cards on Amazon so my OOP cost will be a lot less. I can get my rotary cut and mat this way.

I also have Amazon Prime so free shipping. I will become a disboutiquer, I will.
Welcome! I am glad that you were able to get a lower price on the sewing machine. Please post pictures of your machine when it arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I am glad that things are slowly getting back to normal in your life. I am sure that helping your cousin is adding to your workload but it is an important role.

What do you have in mind to make for yourself for your December trip? We used to love to go in early December when our girls were younger and we didn't have to worry about school. The parks are not crowded and since we are not late night people, the earlier closing times suited us well.
Like I mentioned earlier, I know a sweater is on my to-do list. I may do some long skirts, long sleeve blouses, or dresses with long sleeves. The challenge for me is that most of the SisBoom patterns are sleeveless, so I need to make adjustments or try new patterns for my outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
Flora - I hope it works out for you to go in December! We absolutely loved that week after Thanksgiving last year and we loved the Candlelight Processional! (Though our kids were a bit squirrelly!). Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to go any other time of the year now! The Christmas decorations and the Osbourne Lights were just so magical! The OL dances every few minutes to music and one of the songs was Feliz Navidad. For the rest of Christmas last year, if we heard that BOTH dh and I would tear up remembering the fun of being there! And then there's the castle lit up. I could go on and on about visiting WDW at Christmas!

Regards,
C.
Carrie - Thanks for the review on the first week of December. We figured the crowd levels should be reasonably low and we would enjoy the Christmas decorations and activities. I am getting excited just thinking about the possibility of making some park clothes!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #3243
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! My family is off on a MAW trip at the end of April and I could use some help :-)
Thanks to some bad influences here on DIS, my sewing machine has been rescued from the basement (My MIL owned a fabric store and was attempting to teach me how to quilt. I haven't really touched the machine since she died 5 years ago). I was thinking of making a couple small stroller bags that could somehow attach towards the front of the double stroller, so each girl (5 1/2 and 4 years) could have her own access to things like snacks and stickers. Any ideas of how I could make something like that?
Thanks!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
JWCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #3244
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
HELP!
Alright Ladies!
I could use some ideas/suggestions.
My mom has been busy making camera straps and aprons and wants to sell them. I've been doing a few custom shirts so I thought I might try my hand at some RTS shirts. No custom orders for us. I am thinking that we will do a facebook page as it's easy.

Problem is It needs a name! My name is Erin and My Moms is Jenn so I thought EJ Creations might be cute, but is kinda boring. Any other suggestions or ideas? let me know!

Thanks!

Also, has anyone ever done dog collars?
JenUErin Original Creations ?? (Genuine?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2 View Post
I really want to join the disboutiquer club. It's one of the coolest ones on the board and I want in. I don't sew but have always wanted to learn. I got really inspired by Dgeurts bags and some of the other fun stuff that people have done so I wanted in. Today I tried to join.

I have been reading this thread for months. I watched youtube videos, I visited some sewing machine stores, fabric stores, read books and did lots research.

I was committed. Even if no one else understood, I was going to do it. I went to Sears because they had a couple of different choices, I had some rewards points and a 10% coupon. I had my heart set on a brother machine but when I got there, the Singer Stylist had so many more features (some I learned about during the research stage) that I decided to get that one.

Why, Sears are you making the little old lady that sells vacuums and sewing machines use an Ipad to ring people up? Why are you torturing her that way? The coupons never work so we wound up going over to the register anyway.

Anyway, the coupon would not take because it was some everyday low price and I could only use my points. Anyway, it was $191.00 once my points were taken into consideration, with tax $202. Not a great deal but I felt bad for spending so much time with this lady so I bought it.

I got home and looked on Amazon for the same machine. $164 . I took it back to Sears right away. I have $80 in gift cards on Amazon so my OOP cost will be a lot less. I can get my rotary cut and mat this way.

I also have Amazon Prime so free shipping. I will become a disboutiquer, I will.
Welcome and I hope you have as much fun sewing as I have since I learned 1 year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ View Post
Hi everyone! My family is off on a MAW trip at the end of April and I could use some help :-)
Thanks to some bad influences here on DIS, my sewing machine has been rescued from the basement (My MIL owned a fabric store and was attempting to teach me how to quilt. I haven't really touched the machine since she died 5 years ago). I was thinking of making a couple small stroller bags that could somehow attach towards the front of the double stroller, so each girl (5 1/2 and 4 years) could have her own access to things like snacks and stickers. Any ideas of how I could make something like that?
Thanks!
I don't have any suggestions but I hope someone does since it sounds like something I would try to make.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #3245
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
... And a Vintage Singer inspired by and very similar to D's Patience. I refurbed her about a year ago. It did occur to me that if I got a 5th machine, it would mess up my naming convention. My 4 girls are Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy. I guess a future machine could be Marmee or Laurie or Hannah.

Regards,
C.
Now I remember your vintage machine. Was it your dad who restored tractors too? I remember a discussion around that time about somebody's dad who restored tractors as a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, I know a sweater is on my to-do list. I may do some long skirts, long sleeve blouses, or dresses with long sleeves. The challenge for me is that most of the SisBoom patterns are sleeveless, so I need to make adjustments or try new patterns for my outfits.
Hopefully the first week of December you will also be able to get free dining. I seem to remember then offering it during that time period but I would be wrong. You are right about most Sisboom patterns being sleeveless. I understand the Carla C is about to come out with a boys and mens' long sleeve shirt pattern so maybe you can make some shirts for your DH with the new pattern. An embroidered sweatshirt would be great for December. I do remember that the winter months could be anywhere from 40 degrees to 70 degrees so layering was important.

Quote:
Thanks!
I think that I would just do a simple rectangular bag and then to the top I would add some tabs with velcro so that you could wrap it around something to keep it in place.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #3246
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

The end of November/Beginning of December has had Free Dining offered for the past SEVERAL years...(at least 3) But I am getting nervous about it being offered this year. Disney has really changed their discounts this year from the past years...I know....I know... They have been saying they were for several years now, but things have remained the same.

The only hope I have is that tey ARE offering PINs right now for Free Dining in the early Fall... so that at least gives me hope... I was booking a trip for the early fall just in case we didn't get FD in our preferred time frame...but hubby nixed the idea. He said we would just pay the extra for dining if it wasn't offered....

Nini

I really need to look into getting a Crystal Ball!

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #3247
abqgreene
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCJ
Thanks!
I have one that does that. I will take pictures and measurements tonight.
abqgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #3248
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

embroidery designs?

I just got lessons on my Bernina 440 qe embroidery machine. I am so happy to know how to use it. I see so many of you do beautiful work. I can use download designs, not ready to create my own.
Can someone recommend a place to get Disney designs for me to download to embroider? I several on ebay, but am not sure if they are safe to use. I also see some on etsy. Any help would be appreiciated.
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #3249
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
I have one that does that. I will take pictures and measurements tonight.
Thank you so much
And dianemom2, that is definitely my back up plan. Thanks!

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #3250
ivey_family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Now I remember your vintage machine. Was it your dad who restored tractors too? I remember a discussion around that time about somebody's dad who restored tractors as a hobby.
Yes, that was me. My dad has taken two garden tractors and modded them significantly. One has tank treads and the other is articulated (bends in the middle). I think my dad came up on D's trip report actually.

I thought you'd seen my Beth.

Regards,
C.

WDW - Annually 1976-1986 with parents and sibs. * WDW - 1996 * WDW - 2002 * WDW - 2003 - SWW (ASMo) * WDW - 2004 - Got Engaged in MK. * DL - 2005 - First Anniversary trip. * DLP - 2006 - DL Paris! (NBC) * WDW - 2007 - Announced pregnancy. (CSR) * DL - 2010 - First trip with kids.. * WDW - 2011 - 3 kids and grandparents. (ASMo) * WDW - 2012 - 11/25-12/3 - Christmas Decorations! (CBR) * WDW - 2014 - 11/30-12/7 - Christmas Trip #2! (POR)
ivey_family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #3251
abqgreene
Earning My Ears

Can't figure out to post pictures. Can someone please let me know what very obvious thing I am missing.

Thanks
abqgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #3252
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
Can't figure out to post pictures. Can someone please let me know what very obvious thing I am missing.

Thanks
Go to page one and it will have the instructions...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #3253
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

I am just dropping by while I have an internet connection to share my boys' superhero outfits. We let them have their easter baskets this morning since the outfits are only going to get use while we are in florida, the weather back home in Chicago is still terrible.

We are all getting over the crud, even I am feeling much better, just coughing a lot and still really tired. But hey, vacation is great for rest. I am thankful that we decided to not go to Disney World on this trip, it would be misery to be so sick and so fatigued and trying to have a good time. At least here I can just send the boys out to do something like look for lizards in the yard, which is insanely exciting for them. Hopefully they keep them outside. I do not wish to be finding lizards or other creatures in their pockets...

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #3254
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
Welcome fellow Canadian! I actually wonder if the girls would like to have purses of their own? You can do simple cross body bags for them for small snacks and some stickers.

Quote:
Hopefully the first week of December you will also be able to get free dining. I seem to remember then offering it during that time period but I would be wrong. You are right about most Sisboom patterns being sleeveless. I understand the Carla C is about to come out with a boys and mens' long sleeve shirt pattern so maybe you can make some shirts for your DH with the new pattern. An embroidered sweatshirt would be great for December. I do remember that the winter months could be anywhere from 40 degrees to 70 degrees so layering was important.
I will have to keep an eye out for the new pattern then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
The end of November/Beginning of December has had Free Dining offered for the past SEVERAL years...(at least 3) But I am getting nervous about it being offered this year. Disney has really changed their discounts this year from the past years...I know....I know... They have been saying they were for several years now, but things have remained the same.

The only hope I have is that tey ARE offering PINs right now for Free Dining in the early Fall... so that at least gives me hope... I was booking a trip for the early fall just in case we didn't get FD in our preferred time frame...but hubby nixed the idea. He said we would just pay the extra for dining if it wasn't offered....

Nini

I really need to look into getting a Crystal Ball!
My crystal ball is broken! Looking at the past discounts, I think we will have to wait until July or August before we know if free dining is offered during that time of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbooksellman View Post
I just got lessons on my Bernina 440 qe embroidery machine. I am so happy to know how to use it. I see so many of you do beautiful work. I can use download designs, not ready to create my own.
Can someone recommend a place to get Disney designs for me to download to embroider? I several on ebay, but am not sure if they are safe to use. I also see some on etsy. Any help would be appreiciated.
We like FrouFroubyHeatherSue. I never had problems with her designs. I haven't tried the others yet, but we just had a discussion about designers a few pages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
I am just dropping by while I have an internet connection to share my boys' superhero outfits. We let them have their easter baskets this morning since the outfits are only going to get use while we are in florida, the weather back home in Chicago is still terrible.

We are all getting over the crud, even I am feeling much better, just coughing a lot and still really tired. But hey, vacation is great for rest. I am thankful that we decided to not go to Disney World on this trip, it would be misery to be so sick and so fatigued and trying to have a good time. At least here I can just send the boys out to do something like look for lizards in the yard, which is insanely exciting for them. Hopefully they keep them outside. I do not wish to be finding lizards or other creatures in their pockets...
Cute outfits! I am glad that you guys are feeling better. I sure hope you won't find any "friends" in your kids' pockets!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #3255
JWCJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Welcome fellow Canadian! I actually wonder if the girls would like to have purses of their own? You can do simple cross body bags for them for small snacks and some stickers.
Hello fellow Albertan A cross body bag could work; my first thought was stroller bags, because we will be using the stroller as a wheelchair in lines (immunosuppressed kid; icky, icky germs).
Would something like that be complicated? I can figure stuff out with some clear instructions, but I'm a long way from being able to wing it

Ja's Make A Wish PTR

MAW TR!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: